Ninja Commando VC = 1 Life?

Rgal

n00b
Dove back into Ninja Commando on my Wii recently, and then watched a couple of gameplay vids on YouTube and noticed people playing with multiple lives, whereas on the Wii you get one life. I can't see where to change settings. Was this really a one-life game, or is there a way to change it? Thanks.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Dove back into Ninja Commando on my Wii recently, and then watched a couple of gameplay vids on YouTube and noticed people playing with multiple lives, whereas on the Wii you get one life. I can't see where to change settings. Was this really a one-life game, or is there a way to change it? Thanks.

In Ninja Commando, Japan bios start the player off with 2 lives. The other region bios start the player with 1 life. There is also a score based extend where you can earn another life after scoring X amount of points. I'm guessing wherever on "earth" you are, you're not playing the Japan region version of the game.

Rgal

n00b
Appreciate the help. I’m in the USA so yeah I guess I get the one-life option. Just need to get good then!

PS: just saw Morrissey live last week.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I think the Wii VC versions of Neo games set the bios to whatever the home cart settings for your home country were and it had no option to change them. If you played a ACA version on a newer system you'd have an options menu that allowed you to change the various settings.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Appreciate the help. I’m in the USA so yeah I guess I get the one-life option. Just need to get good then!

PS: just saw Morrissey live last week.

No problem. I don't know what character you're using, but getting good at Ninja Commando relies on heavy use of the command moves. Start using them (or look them up) if you haven't.

Also, congrats on seeing Morrissey!