NGPC slimline v NGPC phat

matt009au

Zero's Tailor
Just been searching threw a few of the old threads on this but haven't got a definite answer. Are there any differences between the slimline and the phat besides being smaller, and the battery pack design? I'm having some sound problems with my regular one and am looking at getting another, which do people personally prefer?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
As far as cosmetic differences the slimline also has a slightly sunken screen compared to the regular one. Besides that and the battery pack everything is the same. I prefer the regular one though, better feeling in my hand.

matt009au

Zero's Tailor
Cheers for the info, some people were saying that they felt the stick was different smoother and quieter, is that correct or just hearsay?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
all in the mind, since it's slimmer your grip is closer and more freedom for your finger.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I have both and find myself using my regular ones. I have a front lit modded one from XianXi, but even when I am not using that I will stick with the regular NGPC. The only reason being it is what I used when it came out and what I am used to. I don't feel the slimline offers any advantages or has any disadvantages.

Last edited:

matt009au

Zero's Tailor
cheers for the feedback guys, i ordered a slim have yet to try one so thought what the hell, was only 5$ more anyway. Shame thats there wasn't any big improvements, but i guess that the fat was pretty perfect the first time round.

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
yeah not much room for them to improve the system other than maybe having added a front light. I prefer the standard systems as well