NGPC proto games?

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
So I've been seeing a few auctions here and there with these

rabit7718-img600x450-1108621710p1010008.jpg

So are these just relabled or are they possibly prototypes etc. Anyone?

PlayerOne

Marked Wolf
I'm sure someone has posted something about (some of) these before? They are pre-releases or demos, I believe.

I appreciate the opportunity to practise my rusty katakana, though. :)

Top row: Cardfighters, Samurai Spirits, King of Fighters R-2
Bottom row: Densha de Go 2, Sonic the Hedgehog, Puzzle Bobble Mini

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
They're demos. And I'd love to buy those. I got a bunch of NGPC SNK internal carts (most are complete versions, so probably late stage protos), but none are non-released games like KoF R-3 or anything. Cool nonetheless.

So cough up the auction link, I'm too lazy to look for it ;)

EDIT: Ah, I see it's a Yahoo JP auction. Link please :D

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Oh sweet, the Cardfighters Clash cart is an auto-demo too! I wonder if there are some different artworks for the cards. I peeped one of those early ads that had a ton of character cards on them, and there were some sexay different versions of the artwork.

barf

Maxima's Barber
yep they are indeed demos :) you can read 体験版ソフト (taikenban soft) on the bottom which means demo (that was the cultural 3 seconds :P)

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
beelzebubble said:
who has it... any details... please do tell :)
As far as I can tell no one has it. The person that would likely have it does not appear to have it, so my guess is that a lot of the rumored in development titles will probably not see the light of day. Unlike all other platforms including Neo Geo AES/MVS, there haven't been any true protos released it seems from NGPC. Maybe someone here knows differently, but I've never seen proof of any form of it. That R-3 box/art scan that surfaced is most definitely a hoax.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Mabey you can answer something for me D-Lite on a flyer I have that I got from SNK when I ordered a NGPC directly from them in 2000 they make mention of Ikari Warriors and Magician Lord do you (or anyone else) know how far along these may have been into development before they were canned?

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
fenikso said:
Mabey you can answer something for me D-Lite on a flyer I have that I got from SNK when I ordered a NGPC directly from them in 2000 they make mention of Ikari Warriors and Magician Lord do you (or anyone else) know how far along these may have been into development before they were canned?
There was some info about these as far as projected progress, I believe on Sweater Fish Deluxe's web page which is now gone. Yes, these were rumored, but nothing has ever been seen of them other than the ads.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Damn those would have been cool.
thanks for the reply

Mayhem

Zero's Secretary
Awww poooo.... I had the chance about 2-3 years ago of having a few of these but didn't take it (I was in the US and was low on money by the time I found them). They were being sold for a steep price and I didn't really understand what they were. Until several months afterwards. You live and learn. I'll definitely take any that I find next time I see any...

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Mayhem said:
Awww poooo.... I had the chance about 2-3 years ago of having a few of these but didn't take it (I was in the US and was low on money by the time I found them). They were being sold for a steep price and I didn't really understand what they were. Until several months afterwards. You live and learn. I'll definitely take any that I find next time I see any...
Who had them? And do you know who bought them?

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
I've actually missed an auction or two that had those same carts I did save another pic from them though. I believe the pic from the ones above didn't sell and was relisted. I dig a link up for you later tonight D-Lite. In case your curious here's the other pic I saved.

Protopic.jpg

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
The_Chosen_One said:
I've actually missed an auction or two that had those same carts I did save another pic from them though. I believe the pic from the ones above didn't sell and was relisted. I dig a link up for you later tonight D-Lite. In case your curious here's the other pic I saved.

Protopic.jpg

Top row, left to right:

Pac Man
Samurai Shodown 2
SVC MotM
Fatal Fury 1st Contact
SVC Card Fighters (can't tell which version)

Bottom row, left to right:

Densha de Go 2
KoF R2
Big Tournament Golf
Puzzle Bobble Mini
Magical Drop Pocket
SVC Card Fighters (version 2?)

Middle 4, top to bottom, left to right:

KoF R2 (again?)
Neo Cherry Master
Biomotor Unitron
Sonic the Hedgehog

Last edited:

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
fenikso said:

i had saw some pic of Magician Lord in the magazine pocket games it was a few months befor the NGPC had die the game looked good it looked just like the AES ver just on a small screen :drool:

Mayhem

Zero's Secretary
D-Lite said:
Who had them? And do you know who bought them?

It was at some computer show but I can't remember who was selling them. They didn't actually have them out on display, they had them in a separate box and only brought it out to show because I had an interest in some of the other NGPC items they had. Pity. As said, if I'd known I would have taken them.

teren

Quiz Detective
redrum666 said:
i had saw some pic of Magician Lord in the magazine pocket games it was a few months befor the NGPC had die the game looked good it looked just like the AES ver just on a small screen :drool:

Do you have any scans of photographs of this magazine ?
thanks

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
teren said:
Do you have any scans of photographs of this magazine ?
thanks
Seconded. I really would like to know more about these games so if anyone has information reguarding them feel free to post :D

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
no i dont have the magazine it was $10 at the time i did not feel like paying $10 for a magazine but you can still get the magazine from the People that make EGM but it like $15 shipped to get it from them i think it was issue 3 or 4 it was only a small paragraph with 2 or 3 pics