NGPC Prices on the rise and rare games thin on the ground!

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I went headfirst into Neo Pocket when it came out. It came out toward the end of college and the beginning of my first real job when I was making good money.

I've got CFC2, UK Faselei!, UK Last Blade when I was in London at an EB Games, and UK Evolution. I'm only really missing Tournament Golf and Metal Slug 2.

You should really grab those. They are two of the best games for the system.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I went headfirst into Neo Pocket when it came out. It came out toward the end of college and the beginning of my first real job when I was making good money.

I've got CFC2, UK Faselei!, UK Last Blade when I was in London at an EB Games, and UK Evolution. I'm only really missing Tournament Golf and Metal Slug 2.

I wish I gotten CFC2 when it came out, I beat the rom in Japanese before they released the English hack. There was a guide online and that helped me a lot, but that game is so good! I love it! I'm a Card Fighters Clash Whore!

The DS game isn't half bad either but the charm isn't the same.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I wish I gotten CFC2 when it came out, I beat the rom in Japanese before they released the English hack. There was a guide online and that helped me a lot, but that game is so good! I love it! I'm a Card Fighters Clash Whore!

The DS game isn't half bad either but the charm isn't the same.

Yea I picked up DS Card Fighters when it came out and got the glitch fixed. I don't know if I still have it or not. I remember not caring much for it but I'm willing to give it another shot.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,

Turf Masters is absolutely unmissable for the price!
I remember it was one of my early purchases for the console. Recommended by the staff of EB! I was never a fan of golf games, but as they had the 10 day bring it back policy I thought I'd give it a go.
Very playable!! And cheap as chips now.

MS2 is a class act!! Bit expensive now, but sure to rise further.

Is evolution worth scooping up? I can't remember details at the moment but I feel the English one is expensive?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
All I've ever wanted is Rockman, I just refuse to pay 120-150 for it. One of these days I hope...

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
All I've ever wanted is Rockman, I just refuse to pay 120-150 for it. One of these days I hope...

Rockman's pretty good if you like the series and are a big fan of the boss battles.

I wouldn't shell out the clams for it early on into a collection as there are good cheap fighters that can be had a for a few quid.
But once you've got all the easy to find good games, it's a bit different and certainly a worthy addition to the library.

Last edited:
dark arms, tho short, is one of the greatest handheld gaming experiences ever. twice a year ill sit and tear thru the whole game in one sitting. for me it truly does rank up there with links awakening and the second gen pokemon games. its only flaw is that its just too damn short.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
dark arms, tho short, is one of the greatest handheld gaming experiences ever. twice a year ill sit and tear thru the whole game in one sitting. for me it truly does rank up there with links awakening and the second gen pokemon games. its only flaw is that its just too damn short.

The biggest problem with Dark arms was that there wasn't a next-gen console sequel!
Great game :)

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Man I better jump on it before its too late. Been passing up on the NGPC for YEARS (both lack of funds and just plain forgetting to finally grab one with a couple dozen games I want).

Better hurry up.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Man I better jump on it before its too late. Been passing up on the NGPC for YEARS (both lack of funds and just plain forgetting to finally grab one with a couple dozen games I want).

Better hurry up.

A tentacle based weapon!
Need I say more?

Mrmyers

n00b
Hi I'm new to the forum and just purchased a neo geo pocket. I thought I should join the forum to get advice on the best games for the system. Which games would you recommend.

Cheers

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'd recommend picture puzzle, it's the rarez, do you want one? I'd sell it for a fair price!

Last edited:

Mrmyers

n00b
I'm not sure I'm allowed to buy anything until I have been on a month. I also live in the uk

Thanks for the offer though. I will have a look on ebay for that game.

DeusVult

Another Striker
i have only really played metal slug 1 and turf masters on it, metal slug 1 is better than i though it would be

Mrmyers

n00b
They do turn up occasionally.
One just sold on ebay UK for £45 (new sealed)
Keep your eye on ebay.com as they seem more common in the USA.
Might be cheaper to buy one from there and ship it over.

Thanks for the advice. I will keep my eye out for one

Cheers

Hmmm
Thought my NGPC collection was complete but somehow Dark Arms has flown right under my radar. Going to have to keep an eye out for one. Was hoping to change out some of my US games for the much cooler UK snap cases but with they way prices are going I guess I will live without.

Wookiemeat

Super Spy Agent
20 Year Member
Only realised the prices some of these games were getting after reading this thread.
Might have to lose my copy of Last Blade as haven't played it for fifteen years.

Mrmyers

n00b
Got myself neo turf masters the other day and wow, this game is addictive. I'm loving the challenge even on normal difficulty. It's such a good game I'm very happy I bought it.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Got myself neo turf masters the other day and wow, this game is addictive. I'm loving the challenge even on normal difficulty. It's such a good game I'm very happy I bought it.

It was one of my early buys. I remember going into Electronics Boutique and asking for a recommendation.
When they suggested Turf Masters I thought they must be high!
But they talked me into it and as they had a no quibble return policy there wasn't much of a risk lol!
What a great game :)