NGPC Neo Turfmasters

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Anyone playing this right now? I just shot a 3 under par on the Japan course. Just curious what other people's highscores are on this game. I think i can get down to 5 or 6 under pretty easily.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I can't remember the last time I played it, but that game is fookin' tight. I remember buying it back in the day thinking "oh boy, a golf game" (sarcasm) ended up playing the hell out of it. honestly one of the best handheld purchases I've ever made:)

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I'll have to check my high scores, but I know I can do a lot better on NTM for the NGPC than on my cab. I think I've gotten -10 or better on the handheld, and I can only finish with about -3 on the MVS version. That NGPC joystick is like butter.

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I can't remember the last time I played it, but that game is fookin' tight. I remember buying it back in the day thinking "oh boy, a golf game" (sarcasm) ended up playing the hell out of it. honestly one of the best handheld purchases I've ever made:)

It is awesome, one of my favorites on the NGPC and the NEO GEO in general.

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I'll have to check my high scores, but I know I can do a lot better on NTM for the NGPC than on my cab. I think I've gotten -10 or better on the handheld, and I can only finish with about -3 on the MVS version. That NGPC joystick is like butter.

Dang...10 under, i gotta work on my golf swing! I just started playing it again. I think you're right about it being a little easier than the AES/MVS version.

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I finally bested my score, I shot a 9 under par on the Japan course. I used the "shot maker" and had the difficulty set to normal. I feel pretty good about that. Anyone else playing this right now?

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I finally bested my score, I shot a 9 under par on the Japan course. I used the "shot maker" and had the difficulty set to normal. I feel pretty good about that. Anyone else playing this right now?

Nice. I always use the "Shot Maker," Robert Landolt, too. He has just the right mix of power and accuracy.

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Started playing the US course, my best is -6 on this one. Glad i started playing this again, i had forgot how fun it is.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Started playing the US course, my best is -6 on this one. Glad i started playing this again, i had forgot how fun it is.

i just got a copy last week. i need to get to playin'. weekend project.

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
So right now I'm sitting at...

Japan -13
USA. -9
Germany. -12

We would start some kind of highscore database for pocket games, or one for all Neo Geo games. Maybe there is one i don't know.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Jeff,

Actually I've been wanting to create a NGPC page for scans and gamescores etc. That's why I messaged you about your manuals etc. Get back to me when you can.

Japan -11
USA - 5
Germany - 9

I do love the save feature

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
This is probably the best NGPC conversion out of all of SNK's titles. Need to get a cart of this again.

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Jeff,

Actually I've been wanting to create a NGPC page for scans and gamescores etc. That's why I messaged you about your manuals etc. Get back to me when you can.

Japan -11
USA - 5
Germany - 9

I do love the save feature
Something like that would be pretty awesome. I'll let you know what pocket games i have tomorrow when i get home.

Good scores.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
karnov.gif

SpoonyBard

n00b
When I picked up my NGPC I picked up all their games except this one. They wanted $15 and there was no way I was going to pay that for a golf game. Next time I stopped in, the owner threw it on my pile of games and told me to take it, since he didn't know anyone else with a system. I had no idea how great this game was, and I played it to death when I first got it.

Digging it out now, scores to come. I'm excited.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
jpn is constantly -1 to -2. best -4.

usa is around par best was -1.

germany i have yet to break par, but i havent played played that one as much.

When I picked up my NGPC I picked up all their games except this one. They wanted $15 and there was no way I was going to pay that for a golf game. Next time I stopped in, the owner threw it on my pile of games and told me to take it, since he didn't know anyone else with a system. I had no idea how great this game was, and I played it to death when I first got it.

Digging it out now, scores to come. I'm excited.
$15? was it cib?

also- most of us wont spend any amount on a golf game except NTM. because this is no ordinary golf game.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
most of us wont spend any amount on a golf game except NTM. because this is no ordinary golf game.
Well said! I still don't have NTM for NGPC, I'm not sure why. I really need to pick it up.

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Cart only. Neo stuff is practically non-existent up here. No one sold it when it came out, no one has it now. So whenever it turns up in a shop its usually marked up a bit.

I think I paid less than that for a complete Euro clamshell copy on eBay. Check on the Bay, most NGPC stuff goes pretty cheap.

I haven't been playing this lately because I don't think I can best my high scores. I also played this game to the point of insanity over my vacation, I need a break from it for a while. It's one of my favs though.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Hey wyndcrosser let me know if you ever get anything off the ground regarding that website. I think it would be a great project.