NGPC auctions sell for WTF!?

turq

Quiz Detective
The great NGP boom of 2030 is going to make the 2015 and 2000 booms look like hiccups.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
I sold a copy of Evolution UK on eBay for $80 during what I thought was an NGP boom, probably around XMas 2000. I felt like a thief since I only paid £20 for it a month earlier.

Nowadays, some Englishman would probably agree to pay off my house for the same game.

LOL!!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Picked up Faselei UK loose off of eBay just now for $40 shipped. One of those bids for the hell of it not expecting to win. As long as it plays in English, I'm fine. That's the most I'd pay for an NGPC game, as prices are stupid and I buy my games loose.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Picked up Faselei UK loose off of eBay just now for $40 shipped. One of those bids for the hell of it not expecting to win. As long as it plays in English, I'm fine. That's the most I'd pay for an NGPC game, as prices are stupid and I buy my games loose.

Wow - very nice pickup, congrats

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
You mean the loose Faseleis that were in every EB in America in the "Pocket Color Arcade" bundle with a system and five other games for $65? $40 is a good deal for that?

Fuck, prices really are nuts.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
You mean the loose Faseleis that were in every EB in America in the "Pocket Color Arcade" bundle with a system and five other games for $65? $40 is a good deal for that?

Fuck, prices really are nuts.

Sadly, yes and no. This is the UK version, which was released solo and with case and manual. Those complete go for a pretty penny. The ones you are describing had no official release beyond the bundles, and didn't really climb to sky high prices until the past few years. It was a $20 game for the longest time but now a loose copy is being bid up to $50 on the low side loose. Trust me, I saw those bundles at EB back then and wanted one so bad but never actually committed and am kicking myself to this day.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
The bundles were hardly an official release. But everything in those bundles was an "official" release simply gutted of its original packaging. All they did was throw away the box. They aren't reprints or anything.

Also, FWIW, I know with at least one game, Last Blade 2, both UK (English with color bars) and U.S. (with ESRB) versions could be found on those bundles despite the U.S. one never being released beforehand. I think maybe Faselei was the same way, but I can't remember.

These games sat on eBay for $10 in huge quantity for a year or more.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
The bundles were hardly an official release. But everything in those bundles was an "official" release simply gutted of its original packaging. All they did was throw away the box. They aren't reprints or anything.

Also, FWIW, I know with at least one game, Last Blade 2, both UK (English with color bars) and U.S. (with ESRB) versions could be found on those bundles despite the U.S. one never being released beforehand. I think maybe Faselei was the same way, but I can't remember.

These games sat on eBay for $10 in huge quantity for a year or more.

I know what you mean, luckily the majority of great games loose can be had for pretty affordable, including some must haves like Neo Turf Masters, Dark Arms, Card Fighters Clash and MotM. For complete clamshell and some specific games like Gals Fighters and Dive Alert, they are getting ridiculous.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
I really wonder if the "perceived" price for NGP games will keep rising, stall at some point or even if it's just a temporal boom and will go back to more reasonable values in time. Hell, the number of NGP consoles out there must be pretty high even if it never was very popular, probably higher than the people that one one anyway...

I've been collecting Jap NGP stuff since its launch (got myself a B&W+KOFR1 one back in the day), but have never spent big money in it. Now I'm down to missing 15 titles for a full Jap set and, while some are still pretty cheap, I really don't see myself paying what they're asking this days for Nigeronpa, Cotton, Mezase Kanji Ou or Koi Koi Mahjong. Kinda wish I got them back in the day when they went for cheap but, aside from Cotton, never really intended to give those kind of titles much play.

On the bright side, at least I didn't try getting a UK set ;) The only English game I bought was Beast Busters so I could play it through!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I doubt prices will be back to reasonable soon. Maybe when we are all old fucks who can't see and/or play these anymore - MAYBE. I don't see the next generation of kids going crazy for NGPC, they'll be after what they played back when they were young... and complaining about sky rocketing prices just like we are now ^^

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I doubt prices will be back to reasonable soon. Maybe when we are all old fucks who can't see and/or play these anymore - MAYBE. I don't see the next generation of kids going crazy for NGPC, they'll be after what they played back when they were young... and complaining about sky rocketing prices just like we are now ^^

I have trouble seeing the screen now, I can't imagine how bad it will be when I'm an 'old fuck'.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,

Better for every NGPC player to grab that Neo Turf Masters immedately - this is the game that easily sees the most play time in mine and it was about EUR 10,- incl. shipping.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Better for every NGPC player to grab that Neo Turf Masters immedately - this is the game that easily sees the most play time in mine and it was about EUR 10,- incl. shipping.

Same here. NTM and Shanghai Mini are in constant rotation.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Just had Samurai Shodown! 2, NeoGeo Cup 98 Color, Sonic Pocket Adventure, Neo Cherry Master and Card Fighter's Clash SNK turn up, all UK complete.

As soon as the commons are completed this is going to become much harder.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Just had Samurai Shodown! 2, NeoGeo Cup 98 Color, Sonic Pocket Adventure, Neo Cherry Master and Card Fighter's Clash SNK turn up, all UK complete.

As soon as the commons are completed this is going to become much harder.

Some great games there! CFC is a good catch :)

turq

Quiz Detective
On the opposite side of the WTF price spectrum was this incredible deal some lucky NGP fan got on eBay!

B&W PAL Neo Geo Cup 98 Plus for a "Buy It Now" price of 39.99 EUR (~$45 US).

:envy:

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I was looking though my stuff and apparently, my NGPC system is lost. How much are they going for now and where's the best place to get them?

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
I was looking though my stuff and apparently, my NGPC system is lost. How much are they going for now and where's the best place to get them?

Either here or the bay. See if you can get a package deal with some games and sell off the ones you own already. They usually go for around $40-50 these days.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
jup. There are some cheap used systems from Japan every now and then, usually BIN. I'd get one of those.

ulyses31

Crazed MVS Addict
I bought mine a month ago for 10€ + shipping and it was in great condition. I think the carbon black are usually on a lower price range than the others

robert-gamble

Armored Scrum Object
My copy of Picture Puzzle just went for £236 which I think is a bit mental but if you gotta catch em all you gotta catch em all.