NGFUsa.com final firesale? (a.k.a. NGF: The Dying Whimper)

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
i feel (slightly) sorry for funny people like qube and ki_atsushi
i barely know who they are but they are so angry with me...it's bizarre

they truly seem upset and they don't mind posting their unrelated crap here
guys,just let it go and behave yourselves if you can

the thing is : your "opinion" mean nothing because you mean nothing to me
you both are so useless and shit in my eyes that i can't be annoyed by your comments / insults

maybe if people like neobomberman or wasabi or true neo geo fans said something negative about me..now,that'd be lame

but ki-fucking-atsushi ? lol

Bizarre that I'm mad at you?

Remember that thread a few years back where I posted my personal high score on Ghosts N' Goblins and you came in and took a big shit on it... even going so far as to photoshop your own high scores?

That was the most pathetic thing that anyone has done.

So yeah, fuck you. Fuck you in your sorry ass.

aria

Former Moderator
Someone throw some cold water on the Italians. Their passion and fire has made them delusional again --it never helps and it didn't even get them out of group play this time around.

attachment.php

now is the part where you convince me that snk inserts are wrong and should be destroyed.

LOL, exactly. Making bootleg inserts and passing them off as quasi-official was just a travesty to the community that hoodwinked and defrauded a lot of people who weren't educated enough on the hobby. They also stuck their stickers to un-removable things like manuals, inserts and paper boxes.

After being consistently chipped away and brought down by pure logic, their credibility was finally completely destroyed when SNK went after them. They've been nothing more than whimper since and I'm not surprised that this is one of the final heaves to a close.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
I like threads like these because all the people who came here first show up :D

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
People can defend Chris all they want, his posts speak for themselves. He wasn't corrupted by Dion's ego, he was just as much a part of it.

Seconded.
But hey guys.
I'll say what I've said all these years.
Vote with your money.
If you're not on the ngfusa bandwagon,
don't spend money on them.
I think all the rare stuff people gush over
is stuff that I've bought from NEOBomberman over the years.
Anyways, I'm not buying into the ngfusa sale.
Anyone who stickers, destroys, and modifies original merch
like how ngfusa did isn't in it for nothing except
trying to write themselves into the books by somehow
having relations with the company.
In reality, all they ever was, was a small tymer distributor
that bought and acquired plenty of now rare odds and ends during their
many trips to japan that wasn't available in the US pre ebay, yahoojp.

SSS

neo retired
As far as advertising on this site, I did not start this thread, but the exposure is fine with me.

Does dion give you an enema bulb and baby wipes beforehand, or does he usually throw caution to the wind and think stink?

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I would not destroy an SNK insert, that is, but I respect the fact that if you legitimately OWN an item, you can do whatever you want with that item. I think this is a very simple point.

It's not that Chris sneaked into anyone else's house, stealing his own goods and doing shit with it.

Actually, I think any company would be pretty pissed if a retailer went along destroying their products to replace them with home made displays. Companies spend a lot of money on branding and product design.

In today's market, I could even imagine a lawsuit or two if the developer had enough clout/guts.

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
Weren't they just liquidating a bankrupt SNK?

Can you imagine walmart, or where ever, destroying PS3 inserts and replacing them with walmart branded inserts? Or Blockbuster burning movies to DVDs and selling them as legit?

As I understand it, this is basically what NGF was doing.

aria

Former Moderator
Actually, I think any company would be pretty pissed if a retailer went along destroying their products to replace them with home made displays. Companies spend a lot of money on branding and product design.

In today's market, I could even imagine a lawsuit or two if the developer had enough clout/guts.

Case in point was the insert swap done on the US KOF2000: The beginning and end of the relationship between NGF and SNK.

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
Case in point was the insert swap done on the US KOF2000: The beginning and end of the relationship between NGF and SNK.

What swap? Was not the KOF2000 US insert sent "as is" from SNK JAPAN... or NGF did their own insert and scrapped the original US one?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
What swap? Was not the KOF2000 US insert sent "as is" from SNK JAPAN... or NGF did their own insert and scrapped the original US one?

Yep, NGF shredded the original inserts and had their own printed in place.

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
Refer to the past threads, the KOF 2000 US was delivered and certified original SNK not only by SNK, but by the US district courts when we shamed Playmore into having to list every single game we had rights to on their own website.

Yep, NGF shredded the original inserts and had their own printed in place.

SSS

neo retired
Wow, Congrats an old edition of kof nobody cares about anymore. You're like a GameStop employee who made his own insert for madden 98 and it's his lifes accomplishment.

I can see your tombstone now.

Here lies chrisr
"Kof 2000 us was legit, but alas not worth shit"

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
KOF2000 will forever be mired in controversy.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Firstly, I am going to step up and say something nice about Dion. This does not invalidate all of the shady things NGF did.

I met him once, a long time ago, and we talked Neo for about 15-20 minutes. It was either at Asahiya Books in Schaumburg, IL. or was at import videogame store Cyberzone in Arlington Heights, IL. Sadly, both places are now out of business. Anyway, when we spoke he was very knowledgable, courteous and respectful towards me as a person.

I also sent him an e-mail once, asking him to clarify NGF's position to me personally because, like many of you, I didn't really understand who they were and what the truth of things was. While he stuck to his guns and said many of the same things that he and Chris Ray have continued to say time and time again, he never got in my face about asking him and never spoke boldly about how everyone was wrong about them. A lot of what was said, and continues to be said, about NGF flies in the face of his e-mail to me. But it was polite, businesslike and respectful for my request.

From a personal standpoint, I have no beef with Dion, Chris or NGF.

But on a business/collector level, I still find a lot of what they did to legitmize thier place in SNK's history to be abhorrent and intolerable. As a Neo-Geo collector and business associate of SNK, I would never:

Destroy original inserts for ANY reason-If I were selling SNk product, I would provide my own 'color corrected' inserts as an ADDITIONAL OPTION if you want appearance consistency in your neo shelf.

Post pictures of said shredding in an attempt to boldly legitamize my claim as a official distributor of the company's product-It's bad business and unprofessional to put a fire out by throwing more deadwood on the blaze.

Get involved in flame wars with internet naysayers-It's embarrassing both for yourselves and for the company you supposedly officially represent to engage in trolling and flame wars. Have some fucking pride and represent yourselves the right way or don't do it at all. It hurt NGF and it hurt SNK. As Neo fans, you should have been cognizant of SNK's needs and promoted THEM over your own agendas and bruised egos that -SHOCK- people (understandably) didn't believe you, given all the antics.

Present nebulous evidence to support my claims of distributor legitimacy-If SNK was truly on board, they would have supported you. You can't tell me they didn't know about Neo-Geo.com and all the negative buzz your purported relationship with them was causing. They could have come in and settled the matter. The fact that they never did (to my knowledge) does nothing to help your case.

Put stickers and other difficult to remove foreign elements on the original cart or documents-it's one thing if I, as the owner of a product, deface something by putting something on it that it was not manufactured with. It's another thing to stick that stuff on there and force me, as a buyer, to deal with it. I want the items as the original manufacturer made them. Period.

SAC carts, under any circumstances, for any reason-destroying product, even if I consider it worthless stock no one will buy, isn't the answer. This mentality, IMO, goes against the grain of the collector mindset. Let the less desired product be plentiful. The existing numbers help to justify the product's legitimate value to collectors. Even if you own the product you are sacing, if your intention is to do so to sell it with different innards, that's the equivalent of spitting in your palm before shaking hands with your competitor after a well played match.

Any grievances I have with NGF aren't personal at all. As people, Dion and Chris may be great guys. But they're shitty businessmen with no respect for the company they supposedly represent or their customer base, who largely consisted of collectors.

I am just a fan. I can case on SNK, or praise them, all I want. But once I'm in a business relationship with them, my priorities MUST change. Chris's and Dion's never did, as far as I can tell-they continued to promote their image as 'big tymers' over placing value on the actual PRODUCT they were distributing. It's a shame. They could have been one of the great success stories of Neo fandom, two enthusiasts that actually got into the business through their love of the hobby manifesting itself into a self made job. Instead, NGFUSA is a black mark on the history of SNK.

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Taiso's post is so highly educated and perfectly sensical that the thread could be closed and sticked with that.

To me key would be knowing for sure if SNK sent insert "as is" from Japan, or insert was created in the US by NGF.

According to Chris here, it was delivered by SNK the way it is.

that´s not what he said in his post.

it´s as legit as all color corrected inserts and conversions they did.

but none of those were made by SNK of Japan.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Taiso's post is so highly educated and perfectly sensical that the thread could be closed and sticked with that.

Or you could just say "Unprofessional" and leave it at that.

The ironic thing is there was and still is a market for those inserts. They just screwed it up. Histoly: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46403

This is the perfect example of how improper business practices destroy a the sales of a product and the brand name. There was a demand, a wealthy niche, and a company that had the means to supply at a cheaper cost years earlier than anyone else.

NGF never had to apologize. All they had to do was remarket their brand.

Southtown Homebrew is of little difference to NGF in what they are offering - it's all in the matter of how they brought their product to market that made the difference.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I wonder how many people out there have stamped inserts that dont know it. I remember I bought a KOF99 from someone and they failed to tell me the insert was stamped underneith. Don't think I took photos...

SSS

neo retired
I wonder how many people out there have stamped inserts that dont know it. I remember I bought a KOF99 from someone and they failed to tell me the insert was stamped underneith. Don't think I took photos...

I was given a spinmaster that had the insert stamp. A fresh pencil eraser and a little elbow grease took that shit right off. The inserts a little dull in the area where the stamp was but looks 1000% better. As a bonus the market value has now increased ten fold.