NGF on death-bed?

Adol

The French Connection, ,
That is fun...you just can't believe i got the digger man 1 week before you

but that's the truth,and you can't do anything..

I even proved it by posting there,when you had no idea what diggerman was.

I'm still the 1st in the world to get the stuff!

And you're nuts about it

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Andre, you still think you're the first with Digger Man? You got it from Me and "NGF" and YOU didn't even know it.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

Dion

<< It is the shippers fault if the package is never recieved. Period. No questions asked. If you sent the package UPS they have a record that the package was dropped off. As well does the PO. If your package was never recieved why didn't you put in a claim???
You could have your money back already.

I think that it's a lot of shady deals like this that make Dion and NGF look bad.>>

Thanks Mike, at least YOU can see through the blatant attempts at discrediting "Dion" or "NGF."

If "Lee" really did send a game, where is his PROOF??
If it is lost, than it is HIS responsibility, just as it was mine to help Shawn with his lost game.

I was always cool with Shawn until all this happened, but that is to be expected when something get's lost with no confirmation.
I value Shawn as a Neo fan, Neo collector, lifter, dog lover, and as a person. So I was actually really trying and attempting to help in in all ways I could.

Shawn, If I ever came off wrong or arrogant, I am sorry. I thought you wee just joing up and just "saying" you didn't get the game to make "Dion" look bad.

Once again, I am sorry if I said anything to upset you. I want everything to work out and have you start building your Neo collection and get you the last few NGF carts that you need.

Like I said about shipping games or other items, it is on the senders shoulders to make sure everything goes through smoothly.

It is ALWAYS the SENDERS responsibility for a package to arrive to the buyer.

You can see how all these false rumors and lies are starting to be put away, and that's why Mike originally made this forum post and invited me to take and confront everyone.

As it goes..... "NGF-PRA"

I really wonder why people want to lie so much about other people. It makes no sense.
You don't see me or others coming here calling other people names and telling lies, because we don't care to and we just don't sit at home and "think about others."

"NGF" is here to promote the NeoGeo and to help all Neo fans worldwide.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

Adol

The French Connection, ,
Can't be..i was playing it on my home system before you ever HEARD of it

take it easy,that's a DEFEAT for NGF

Dion

Sure Andre, from DAY one that NGF sold you your Super Dodgeball, Shock Troopers, and Breaker's Revenge you made your "copies" of our inserts and have been trying to pretend that you are the "Neo source.

Go ahead. Say what you will.

People know where the Digger Man cartridges came from.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
I'm not familiar with NGF to have an opinion (i.e. I will not bash you).
I think you should right the wrongs for the sake of the Neo community, Dion. Try to be honest with your opinions without the slanderous rhetoric, and maybe some of these people will take your comments seriously. I'm an external source who has been reading posts that NGF for the past 6
months, and so far you haven't presented a valid argument to contradict the community's claims about your integrity. Try not to take what I say out of context -- I'd just like to see a valid argument from your end of spectrum.

NeoLord

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
>> I'm an external source who has been reading posts that NGF for the past 6
months, and so far you haven't presented a
valid argument to contradict the community's
claims about your integrity. <<

Ooops.. add the word bash between the words 'that' and 'NGF'. Geesh!

Shawn

snkusa.com
Dion,
You are definitely headed in the right direction. Many of your posts are appearing to be helpful and informative. Keep up the positive attitude and perhaps people will change theirs towards you. Looking forward to receiving my MS3 and Captain Tomaday. If this goes smoothly, I may buy NGF Strikers 45 from you. I like the blue-stripped English version insert, nice work.

Adol

The French Connection, ,
Originally posted by Dion:
Sure Andre, from DAY one that NGF sold you your Super Dodgeball, Shock Troopers, and Breaker's Revenge you made your "copies" of our inserts and have been trying to pretend that you are the "Neo source.

Sure...i never bought Super Dodgeball from you,nor Breaker's Revenge,what a laugh

for shock troopers,the only thing i got from you is a crappy cmvs converted cart,with ugly insert where you put magic marker on it,ugly sticked sticker,and,guess what?NO MANUAL!

because you're not smart enough to creat them,too hard for your brains

People know where the Digger Man cartridges came from.

From me,yep

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I am really glad that it seems things work out for you (Dion) and Shawn. As I predicted, the customer you mentioned should be Shawn (Maybe I am wrong, okay). That's the reason why I am willing to give up my MS3 right away to you, Dion. I 've been observing e-mails and thought from both of you a bit since I saw "NGF" on Shawn's black book. I want to find the truth.

I am also waiting for unreleased Shock troopers plus Jpn Shock troopers 2nd and Fatal Fury 3 from Dion to be shipped. Can't wait for those home carts to come.
I think this will be another good start for Dion and Neo Geo Freak. You (Dion) should be very grateful to this forum. I myself really like and enjoy this forum (once again, thank you very much, Shawn,for creating this forum).

By the way, I also like Dion's positive attitude and confidence over Neo Geo Freak. He even show me that his true "loyalty" to NGF. It is the fact that he always offers me his NGF insert for older home carts to me. It trully looks nice to see NGF home carts on display.

Dion

Yes, this forum is very good. I am usually not a big fan of furoms, but I do enjoy talking to fellow Neo gamers and Neo collectors.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Notice the fact that he ignored Jeff's post explaining that Irritating Maze is UNPLAYABLE on the home sysytem, and that the trackball WON'T make it work. He just skips right over it....

It's his style...

Thanks,
Billkwando http://welcome.to/undertheneogeomoon
What an expensive doorstop IM is!

Dion

Smallwood, why don't you or Jeff buy one from "NGF."

Maybe then you'll se it works.

Man, you just LOVE Talking about "Dion."

Hey Smallwood, do you still have that saved email from my friend?? Can you imagine that you save emails from other people to "Dion."

It proves you are sickly obsessed with "Dion."

I BET you have pictures of me on your screen saver.

Hey, I don't have your stupid emails saved. I don't give a darn about you. But, it's nice to know that you are such a big fan of "Dion" - "Chris" and "NGF."

Those emails might be worth something one day.
smile.gif

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Now why would I buy something from you that doesn't work? Not that I've ever bought anything from you in the past, or would I ever in the future...

Like I've told you time & time again Dion, I don't need a single thing from you so just leave me out of your petty nonsense. It must irk you to no end to know that some people don't need your services.

I quit posting messages to you because you just can't carry on a conversation without resulting to insults, a true sign of ignorance. And as the saying goes, "Ignorance is bliss", so you must be really full of yourself.

Jeff

PS: Go ahead, respond by calling me a moron or a jealous fool, or whatever witty comment you think you can make -- show us all how ignorant you can be.

Dion

How did I insult you?
You ended that "last debate" because I was right.

You keep mentioning "NGF" as being only me.

I don't know shit about programming, so where are these NEW "NGF" games going to come from?

Surely I am not the "NeoGod" that can do everything at all times.

For some reason Smallwood keeps bringing your name into it, so I just said that you and/or him are welcome to buy what you need.

I',m nist just talking about MVS converted cartridges. Also, I seem to remember you wanting to buy Ironclad from me. It seesm that you do need "NGF" for some things.

What about the new games that come from "NGF" only?

I am not trying to fight with you, I like you and think you can be kool on the phone, but for some reason you have something to prove "online" for the "fans."

I don't understand it.

Will I ever get that CD from you? (As you said I would) I didn't think I was asking to much and you did say you would send it.

I never remember fighting with you either, so why the hostility?

Last time we spoke all was good.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

Dion

So Jeff, your last post was all insults. I guess YOU proved your ignorance. - (Your words, not mine)

All you people feel the need to insult. It's such a shame. I wish you people would just go away or be quiet for a few months. This way the TRUE Neo fans can get back to "comminicating" without the "others" making their insulting posts.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Folks, the capper to this conversaion is at the bottom if you want to know about my "hostility" with NGF at the moment!

How did I insult you?

You keep saying I'm trying to save face, calling my values moronic -- things along those lines.

You ended that "last debate" because I was right.

Wrong. I ended it because you resorted to slander, a sign of lost conversation. It's always the same with you. You were far from correct.

You keep mentioning "NGF" as being only me.

Most of the time it is YOU. You hardly ever hear of Chris treating people like dirt. Without you around, Chris is a very nice person.

I don't know shit about programming, so where are these NEW "NGF" games going to come from?

I know of a couple sources other than yourself. At least these other sources are credible.

Surely I am not the "NeoGod" that can do everything at all times.

You said it, not me
smile.gif

For some reason Smallwood keeps bringing your name into it, so I just said that you and/or him are welcome to buy what you need.

Bill has his own issues to work through
smile.gif

I',m nist just talking about MVS converted cartridges. Also, I seem to remember you wanting to buy Ironclad from me. It seesm that you do need "NGF" for some things.

But you don't have it. How can you sell something you don't have? Wait, sorry, you're good at that. In either case, offer Ironclad at a respectable price, like the $350 NGF tag, and maybe it would be your top seller.

What about the new games that come from "NGF" only?

We'll have to wait to see on this one. If they come out, I'm sure they will belong to someone else, you'll just be supplying a fancy package and distribution. I'll buy mine through the 3rd party market (used on eBay).

I am not trying to fight with you, I like you and think you can be kool on the phone, but for some reason you have something to prove "online" for the "fans."

I'm advocating for the people that haven't been around for a couple years to know what you've pulled. Example: First, you claimed all these magical games were SNK releases, that's now changed to "When have we ever said SNK official?". You used to go round-and-round saying these were SNK official. Yea, SNK may have designed the artwork, but scanning it in and making an insert is by no means official. Again, I use the analogy of the US $1 bill. Can you scan, print, and call that official? You may be using SNK artwork, but your inserts are in no way SNK *authentic*.

I don't understand it.

I wouldn't expect you to.

Will I ever get that CD from you? (As you said I would) I didn't think I was asking to much and you did say you would send it.

After a recent turn of events, No.

I never remember fighting with you either, so why the hostility?

Last time we spoke all was good.

Yes, the last time we spoke, all was swell. You were wanting to send me Digger Man so that I could dump it for you. So that you could find out about the game number, and because Chris' dump didn't work.

I told you it was up to *you* if you wanted to send it. I never once asked for it. Oh yea, thanks for the gratious offer of trying to sell me a copy after you scarfed up the only 8 copies available. That turned out to be a lie. Not your lie, but a lie in the world of Digger Man.

A few days pass, some nice inserts, cart stickers, and a manual for this super rare game becomes available for those that want to doctor up their collection.

Then, out the clear blue, I start getting e-mails from a guy named "Ken" (onthaedge@a*l.com) stating the he owns the copyright of the game and that I've sold copies of his game and that he was going to SUE me.

Putting two and two together, I came to the conclusion that you guys (NGF) were feeding this Ken fellow a line of shit because he knew WAY TOO MUCH, WAY TOO FAST about me. The only thing is, the info you gave this guy was lies because you didn't have all the facts:

1. I never dumped Digger Man and released it on the net. Tell Ken to check his shipping records for someone in Tiawan. The game was out the day before I got my MVS copy. Hell, I wouldn't be suprised if that was Chris' dump that made it to the Internet. It wouldn't be the first time he put a dump out there.

2. I never made any illegal copies of this game to sell.

I know it was you guys because he listed a couple names that only CHRIS and DION would know that I deal with.

The only thing you (he) DIDN'T know is that the names he listed, all 3 have Digger Man MVS carts!

So, you want to know why I'm pissed at you guys? Because you couldn't stand a little competition in the Insert/Sticker field, so you went behind my back and tried to set me up for a fall.

That, in my book, is not the act of a friend. So, all is NOT cool unless you can PROVE otherwise.

There is more to the story, I'm just giving the Reader's Digest version. It's your turn to save face.

What exactly is your involvement with this Ken guy (www.thegameroom.c*m)?

Jeff

[This message has been edited by JMKurtz (edited August 30, 2000).]

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Man, you sure are the best example on preaching morals. Practice what you preach!

Jeff

All you people feel the need to insult. It's such a shame. I wish you people would just go away or be quiet for a few months. This way the TRUE Neo fans can get back to "comminicating" without the "others" making their insulting posts.

Jason

n00b
DION!! MY FUCKING SHIT!! I want my shit smelly fuck.

YOur punk ass dont want me to go to Vegas to pick up the shit cause I might have to drop the shit on your head.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
This conversation is getting ugly, Jeff. Will Dion have a good explanation? Only time will tell....

Dion

Yes, Dion will give an explanation......Jeff is either full of it or is confused.

At "www.arcadeathome.com it lists "Apollo69" as the person who dumped Digger Man. And that is you Jeff and everyone knows it. You know I don't dump games, so don't think it was me or something. I know jack when it comes to dumps. I told you a LONG time ago that I am not too big into emulation. I just don't really care about it.

You, Jeff, got Digger Man the day before the dump. (strange that it gets dumped the next day and they say it was from you) - that's all I know, but I don't care if you did or didn't do it.

I didn't give any info about you and that game, so get off your high horse. I don't know where you got the game from, so I wouldn't have anything to say in the first place.

If you think you did nothing wrong, then why are you mad and/or worried?
And why bring "Dion" - "Chris" or "NGF" into it?

If you think you did nothing wrong, then why not put that Digger Man insert back online, Jeff? (you are in the credits for the Digger Man art andyour name is in the manual)

If you are in the CLEAR, put the Digger Man art back online. Try and call the bluff. I would if I wasn't worried......but I wouldn't do it if I were you. That would be a big mistake.

Face games and some other games were sold to another company/distributor who plans are re-marketting these games again.

Put it this way, if "NGF" owned the game, things wouldn't have gotten this far. I would have shit locked up tight.

I think the NEW owners of those old Face games (Digger Man, Gururin, Exchanger, and other titles) are actually being too nice. I have gotten contacted by them myself, and I read their letter. They are being very nice - a little too nice if you ask me. I think something is up and people may be getting contacted soon by mail (real mail).

Do you still have the Exchanger insert up?

Consider it a friendly warning - from an old friend. Take it down! Now!!

These are no times for people to get in trouble and sued. Keith, Trey, Jeff....consider yourselves warned....because I have gotten some mail about various inserts.

Take my advice and be careful, these people are serious. They have a lot of money invested and they now own the rights to a bunch of older games.

I'm trying to help you right now, and you know others wouldn't.

Those Face games have been sold, just as SNK sold many of their game rights. Be carefull.

All that matters is that YOUR name is listed as the dumper and in the art, and that is evidence enough. All those uploads can be traced if needed, so if you didn't do anything, you don't have anything to worry about.

still considering you a friend,

Dion of NGF
www.neogeofreak.com

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Yes, Dion will give an explanation......Jeff is either full of it or is confused.

More like I'm tired of this crap!

At "www.arcadeathome.com it lists "Apollo69" as the person who dumped Digger Man.

Oh, and that makes it true? This is pure speculation.

And that is you Jeff and everyone knows it. You know I don't dump games, so don't think it was me or something. I know jack when it comes to dumps. I told you a LONG time ago that I am not too big into emulation. I just don't really care about it.

I never said you "dumped" the game, I said you WANTED ME TO DO IT.

You, Jeff, got Digger Man the day before the dump. (strange that it gets dumped the next day and they say it was from you) - that's all I know, but I don't care if you did or didn't do it.

Now, how would *you* know when something arrived at my house? Trying to link the day I got a game and the day someone released it on the Internet is speculation at best. Hell, you guys had it a couple weeks before anyone else AND you contacted me asking if I could do it for you WHEN Chris had already done it.

I didn't give any info about you and that game, so get off your high horse. I don't know where you got the game from, so I wouldn't have anything to say in the first place.

Bullshit!

If you think you did nothing wrong, then why are you mad and/or worried?
And why bring "Dion" - "Chris" or "NGF" into it?

I'm not worried at all. Anything that I have done is right along the letter of the law. What OTHERS do, I can't control.

Why bring you guys into it? NGF is the one offering the "official" Digger Man, which only means you are in contact with this Ken fellow. Which means you are the ones telling lies to this guy about me! Which means YOU brought ME into it.

If you think you did nothing wrong, then why not put that Digger Man insert back online, Jeff? (you are in the credits for the Digger Man art andyour name is in the manual)

The insert/sticker/manual are not up right now until the validity of the (c) can be determined. If it turns out that the guy requesting it down is not the (c) holder, it will be back.

If you are in the CLEAR, put the Digger Man art back online. Try and call the bluff. I would if I wasn't worried......but I wouldn't do it if I were you. That would be a big mistake.

Again, a comment like this PROVES that you have something to do with this mess.

I think the NEW owners of those old Face games (Digger Man, Gururin, Exchanger, and other titles) are actually being too nice. I have gotten contacted by them myself, and I read their letter. They are being very nice - a little too nice if you ask me. I think something is up and people may be getting contacted soon by mail (real mail).

These are no times for people to get in trouble and sued. Keith, Trey, Jeff....consider yourselves warned....because I have gotten some mail about various inserts.

Take my advice and be careful, these people are serious. They have a lot of money invested and they now own the rights to a bunch of older games.

Haven't you ever heard of the "fair use" clause? As long as the (c) info is still in place, anyone can reproduce the work for personal use. We don't SELL these inserts for a couple hundred dollars like NGF does, they are available for FREE to those that *OWN* the game and would like to doctor their own up. There is no law infraction in that. We're not taking the artwork (screen shots, or whatever) and claiming them as OUW OWN work. We're not slapping a new (c) on it. That's where you get into trouble.

PLUS, the e-mails I received, the guy said he DIDN'T CARE about the inserts, stickers, manual. He is only concerened with the game cart and the title card (marquee). Nothing to do with artwork used in the packaging.

I'm trying to help you right now, and you know others wouldn't.

Yea, only if there is some sort of hidden agenda for you. You don't do anything out of kindness.

All that matters is that YOUR name is listed as the dumper and in the art, and that is evidence enough. All those uploads can be traced if needed, so if you didn't do anything, you don't have anything to worry about.

Anything with a nick I use tied to a dump of Digger Man is pure SPECULATION. Just because someone "thinks" something, doesn't make it the truth.

And, I'm not worried because I didn't do it, AND the burden of proof is not on my shoulders. You, them, he, or whoever can search every log on earth and they won't find anything because I didn't do it. It's that plain and simple.

Just taking someone's speculation on what happened (or a posting from a web site) is not proof of anything.

Jeff

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
>Looking forward to receiving my MS3 and Captain Tomaday.

Yep, that's NGF! Lemme guess, he wouldn't send MS3 until you ordered Tomaday, which I'm sure he probably gave you some "credit" for.

That's how they work. They hold your order hostage till they have the $$ for the next order....

Thanks,
Billkwando
utngmlink.gif
http://welcome.to/undertheneogeomoon

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter

------------------------------------------
That insert does not infringe on anyones copyright. Under US copyright law it is completly mine. Art is protected & owned by the artist. There are no scans, nothing was used from any other source. Ive worked in the printing business long enough to know the game. Perhaps youve never seen a issue of Cracked Magazine or Mad Magazine. They Draw in pictures of Tigger, Calvin & Hobbs, Actors, Games, Movies & anything they want with no fear of any type of Copyright infringment. Thats because they created the art, and didnt use someone elses.
Political Cartoons also often name & show products, once again no-infringment.
This is held even stronger by Law on unpublished works. Which all of those free art examples are just that. They are art examples that are not sold in any way shape or form.

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Too be honest I dont understand why they would care. Im doing this as a "Fan".
Even Nintendo allows "Fans" to create stuff based on their characters and place them up on the net.
Why would they care about either the Diggerman or the Exchanger insert? If anything I would think more exposure would do nothing but help their game sales, surely not hurt them.
-nick_th_fury