NG.Com Hosting for the Makismo Video Tribute

Do you want the Mak Tribute hosted on NG.com, and where should it be linked from?

• Yes, linked from homepage of Neo-Geo.com

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Yes, linked from Creative Section of Neo-Geo.com

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Yes, hosted on Neo-Geo.com server but not linked to on the site

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • No, I don't want it hosted on NG.com or linked to at all

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

Turrican_Man

Geese's Thug
If any mods are reading this or see this video, could you please see about hosting it on the Neo-Geo.com server and linking to it from either the main site or the creative section? I can't host it too long because I don't have access to the necessary bandwidth. I would really appreciate it.

I've created a poll to see how many members want it hosted, and where they want it linked.

Last edited:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
The thread about this video in the creative forum deserves a Sticky.

Better yet, Someone Sticky a thread in creative just containing links to videos members here have done. Like the Mak vid, Kerry Ann, links to Tip's vids...etc.

These videos are priceless reminders of this forum as well as taking lots of time and effort from their creators.

Turrican_Man

Geese's Thug
Alternatively, instead of using only a Sticky thread in the Creative forum, we could add a "Videos" section to the Art Section of the main site (http://www.neo-geo.com/creative/art.html). That is what I'm hoping for.

EDIT: When I created the poll, I meant to say "Art Section" instead of "Creative Section". I meant the section of the main site, separate from the forums. Could a mod please change this? Sorry for the confusion.

Turrican_Man

Geese's Thug
Could I please get a mod to shed some light on the status of my request?

Could I please get a mod to shed some light on the status of my request? Let me know if it's feasible to host the file on the main server and what you think about linking it from the homepage, or creating a videos section to the Fan Art Gallery.

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
Turrican_Man said:
Could I please get a mod to shed some light on the status of my request? Let me know if it's feasible to host the file on the main server and what you think about linking it from the homepage, or creating a videos section to the Fan Art Gallery.
I know you put a lot of work into the video, but pragmatically speaking, you're asking for Shawn to pay out of his pocket for your creative work. Is that really fair?

Turrican_Man

Geese's Thug
Ely13 said:
I know you put a lot of work into the video, but pragmatically speaking, you're asking for Shawn to pay out of his pocket for your creative work. Is that really fair?

Well, I think that the Kerry Anne and DashK tribute videos should be included as well if there is a video section.

And while I understand that it could come at some cost to Shawn, I don't think it would amount to much. The video is under 6 MB. I am sure that collectively, the images in the fanart section could conceivably use comparable amounts of bandwidth.

But more to the point, I believe that Shawn should not "for my creative work" host it, but only for the community, if the community is enhanced by having member created videos reliably stored and accessible. The member created videos are some of the most beloved relics of the forums- they can immortalize its stories, culture and most prominent figures, preserved for future years.

I am not asking Shawn to reward me or compliment my efforts- this is a question of cost vs benefit to the community.

Does anyone else see it this way?

Turrican_Man

Geese's Thug
Can any mods take action on this since there is a majority that want it hosted on the ng.com server?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
holy shit I am getting this video now

never knew of it

Turrican_Man

Geese's Thug
Mods! Come on already!

MODS! I believe the people of Neo-Geo.com have spoken.

Could we get some action here? I'm starting to question your fitness to execute your duties as administrative representatives.

I believe the poll results clearly indicate the video should be hosted on NG.com and linked on the main page.

If not, then at least host it and create a videos section for it in the Art Section of the main site.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Turrican_Man said:

Could we get some action here? I'm starting to question your fitness to execute your duties as administrative representatives.

I believe the poll results clearly indicate the video should be hosted on NG.com and linked on the main page.

If not, then at least host it and create a videos section for it in the Art Section of the main site.

Perhaps you'd like to pay for the adidtional cost to Shawn to host, then?

Good vid, yes, but you're asking for something that will COST MONEY.

Simple reason why it'll never happen.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Turrican_Man said:

I am lost here. There have been 22 votes. (not all in favor) Am I missing a poll that was posted somewhere else?

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Turrican_Man said:

heh, easy there my friend.

A video section would dramatically increase bandwidth consumption, so it takes more than just a few Mods to make decisions like that, read, it's up to Shawn wether or not an enhancement like this will be implemented. We're moderators, not administrators/site owners, y'know.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Not a bad idea to host this vid, IMO. It'll give people a flavor for the wackiness of the site, and the fun to be had here. It'll probably be heavily downloaded at first, but after that it'll probably slow to a trickle and won't consume too much bandwidth.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
dude neo-geo.com isnt gonna host and link to a video making fun of one of its members just because he is an idiot. mak doesnt do anything wrong except being an attention whore and a moron and very very horny.

not only that but it would cost a lot of money. you underestimate the number of people that visit this site. 99% of visitors would download it have absolutely no idea what its about, think the site turned gay and never come back. thats wasted money right there.

Turrican_Man

Geese's Thug
Yeah, maybe you're right about the bandwidth. I'm just not sure. The video is only 5.75 MB. I think that the fanart on the main page collectively creates way more of a bandwidth strain, considering the number of images there. That's why I was thinking it wouldn't be a big deal, but maybe I'm wrong.

To mods: I thought maybe you might not have the ability to do it, but I wanted to get your attention :D

As far as there being 22 votes, not all for, the vast majority of the votes are for hosting it in one way or another.

And FeelGood, as far as people seeing the vid and thinking the site has turned "all gay" maybe you have a point, but I think it would more likely just cause them to visit Mak's thread since the video clearly states that is what it's about, and not just about NG.com in general. Also, Mak didn't feel like it was making fun of him. Read the quote in my sig. I think he was flattered :D

SSS

neo retired
You have an unhealthy obsession there buddy. Mak isn't worth nearly that much attention, nor is anyone on the boards for that matter. Maybe if you had something useful like a video FAQ or combo vid I wouldn't mind seeing it hosted. See Kiken's neo shooting special. Now that's something that would warrant Shawn hosting it. Actually insightful and useful video. Not a waste of time making fun of someone to that degree.

Turrican_Man

Geese's Thug
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
You have an unhealthy obsession there buddy. Mak isn't worth nearly that much attention, nor is anyone on the boards for that matter. Maybe if you had something useful like a video FAQ or combo vid I wouldn't mind seeing it hosted. See Kiken's neo shooting special. Now that's something that would warrant Shawn hosting it. Actually insightful and useful video. Not a waste of time making fun of someone to that degree.

I think you really don't understand something here.

You don't understand how much I and many others love and adore that thread.

It's not about "making fun of someone". If this were about some flame war, you'd have a point. But this is about a LEGEND, and the man behind the legend.

This is about 15 months, over 52,000 views, over 3000 replies.

And what topic? "How do I get girls to like me?".

Makismo is the kind of man that will pass the life of these boards one time in a thousand. There has NEVER been a member like him.

NO ONE has created or caused anything comparable to that thread. That thread is the Neo-Geo.com legend, indeed.

So don't besmirch what you don't understand ;)

EDIT: I think I should mention here that I, more than anyone else, have attempted earnestly and wholeheartedly to help Makismo. Read the AIM conversations on pages 52-53 (if memory serves, I believe those are the correct pages) and my countless other posts of heartfelt advice.

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
Turrican_Man said:
I think you really don't understand something here.

You don't understand how much I and many others love and adore that thread.

It's not about "making fun of someone". If this were about some flame war, you'd have a point. But this is about a LEGEND, and the man behind the legend.

This is about 15 months, over 52,000 views, over 3000 replies.

And what topic? "How do I get girls to like me?".

Makismo is the kind of man that will pass the life of these boards one time in a thousand. There has NEVER been a member like him.

NO ONE has created or caused anything comparable to that thread. That thread is the Neo-Geo.com legend, indeed.

So don't besmirch what you don't understand ;)

EDIT: I think I should mention here that I, more than anyone else, have attempted earnestly and wholeheartedly to help Makismo. Read the AIM conversations on pages 52-53 (if memory serves, I believe those are the correct pages) and my countless other posts of heartfelt advice.

Loves and adores? It's a fucking thread... Maybe humorous, but like all humorous things, they get old.

Yes we all know Mak is an idiot. HAHA he's an NGF fag, HAHA look at this photoshop I made, HAHA look at this stupid movie I made.

YAWN

We aren't digging up old threads on AM Neo Geo and Brent "teh pony killer" and memorializing them.

So you tried to help Mak. You want a prize? Go host your own charity site for Mak if you're that concerned for his well being. The majority of us could give two shits about your AIM conversations.

I'm sorry you invested 3/4 of your posts in that thread, but you shouldn't feel the need to justify your posts by dragging this crap out longer than it needs to be.

Turrican_Man

Geese's Thug
Loves and adores? It's a fucking thread... Maybe humorous, but like all humorous things, they get old.

It doesn't get old as long as Mak has new capers to post. There's quite a bit of variety, more than any soap opera, and it just keeps on coming.

Yes we all know Mak is an idiot. HAHA he's an NGF fag, HAHA look at this photoshop I made, HAHA look at this stupid movie I made.

YAWN

Again, it's much more than just this. It's like a soap opera that never runs out of new material, and there's a ton of variety in it- many subplots if you will, and since they're real, it's even more entertaining than a television series.

We aren't digging up old threads on AM Neo Geo and Brent "teh pony killer" and memorializing them.

No thread of the past can compare to this. None has been as long and consistently varied and hilarious (at least that I know of). And the topic itself is not only hilarious, but an undying theme in man's great struggle for self-actualization. Perhaps only the very deep and sophisticated, such as myself, Stinky-Dinkins, Abasuto and some others, can comprehend this.

So you tried to help Mak. You want a prize? Go host your own charity site for Mak if you're that concerned for his well being. The majority of us could give two shits about your AIM conversations.

WRONG! Many members may not care about the AIM conversations, but many do. And whether it's specifically the AIM conversations they care about is irrelevant, as I am just doing my part to contribute to the thread and sustain it as a whole. Just because you don't doesn't mean otherwise. Want proof? Look at the number of views on that thread.

I'm sorry you invested 3/4 of your posts in that thread, but you shouldn't feel the need to justify your posts by dragging this crap out longer than it needs to be.

I didn't post but maybe a couple dozen times on the forums before that thread existed. This is only because nothing else on these boards has so engaged me. So what? Does having the majority of my posts in that thread make me not a Neo Geo collector or fan?

I don't feel a need to justify the posts, and therefore that is not the reason I am trying to perpetuate the thread and its legend.

And the thread isn't going "longer than it needs to be" as long as there are dozens of devoted Makismo fans, maybe hundreds, who keep reading it with avid amusement.

It doesn't "need to be" anything, just like the world doesn't "need" you to exist.

The world doesn't "need" great works of art, literature and music. The world would keep functioning if all poetry and opera were destroyed. But wouldn't that suck?

The thread is no different. The world doesn't "need" it, but it's a damn nice thing to have around, and it can only bring good and happiness to peoples' lives as long as they keep enjoying it not hurting themselves in doing so.

SSS

neo retired
Look, all I'm going to say is you must be leading a pretty miserable existence if you're this intrigued by what goes on in Makismo's daily life.

Who the hell would have the time to make a stupid video like that? Someone who has WAY too much free time on their hands. Go for a walk, ride a bike, race a car, but obsessing over a NGF nerd's life is a pretty retarded.

Turrican_Man

Geese's Thug
Muahahahahaha!

Looks like SamuraiShodownSensei viewed my response and didn't have a rebuttal.

"I served the [PWNAGE] to [SamuraiShodownSensei] and he was Speechless. I am sure he sent the post to [all of his friends] as well were also speechless... It is painful to be this [1337]! I am burning up all the time."

"You know, being [1337] and [PWNING BITCHES FOR FREE] is a lot like cumming..."

...To adapt some of Makismo's infamous gems to this situation :D

EDIT: While I was writing this he came back and responded.
EDIT #2: I guess he couldn't handle this. I guess he pissed his diaper and went back to suck his mommy's knockers and play in the playpen, cause he didn't respond this time.

Last edited:

Turrican_Man

Geese's Thug
Look, all I'm going to say is you must be leading a pretty miserable existence if you're this intrigued by what goes on in Makismo's daily life.

Who the hell would have the time to make a stupid video like that? Someone who has WAY too much free time on their hands. Go for a walk, ride a bike, race a car, but obsessing over a NGF nerd's life is a pretty retarded.

Well, well... Looks like you came back to challenge me again.

Miserable existence? You have no way of knowing. My life could be the most enviable thing you've ever encountered if you actually had any knowledge of it. You know, truth is stranger than fiction ;)

I had the time, that's who. It took me 18 hours, during which time I fasted to sanctify it. But it was hilarious and fun for me, seeing as I had a friend with me the entire time and we both laughed our asses off while I made it and he played video games.