NFL Thread 2020 Season — No Pats fans allowed

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Wolford had a stinger and actually returned to the sideline in the 4th quarter of the Seattle game. Coach McVay won't name a starter just yet though Goff did come in, it was apparent his throwing was an issue. Donald has torn rib cartilage but is expected to play.

Gotta love that Jared Goff had the guts to step in with a broken thumb against the Hawk's D that broke his thumb in the first place. Technically he broke his own thumb but whatever. It showed more balls than comback player of the year Alex Smith out with a high ankle sprain. I am joking. I think soon we will see news that he re-broke his leg, and that the platinum brace was holding it together despite his pain, and that it could be infected again.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Some great games this weekend. I'll start by saying that I think Brees looked old out there, off his game. I hope he lands up retiring, I'd hate to see such a great player slid further downhill. TB's pass coverage was superb, they're going to give GB a real hard time next week. TB looked great...as always. He made some mistakes but the cool temperament and precision throwing paid off in the end. I'm happy to see him do well outside of NE.

It was great to see the Bills advance, good for them.

The hit on Mahomes didn't look awful in slow-mo...but he sure did afterwards, he really got his bell rung. I hope that he's ok for next week, it would be horrible for KC's season to end on that note.

Going to be some solid games next week, that's for sure.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Saints fans on Reddit seem convinced that Brees has taken his last snap. Last season people thought Brady should just retire. That he was washed up and his arm wasn’t what it used to be. Change of scenery and linking up with 3 pro bowl caliber WR, a former pro bowl RB, and a future HoF tight end made Brady look good again.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I don’t think the Saints are lacking offensive tools for Brees though. Last year’s Patriots roster and this year’s for the matter, are basically practice squad dudes.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don’t think the Saints are lacking offensive tools for Brees though. Last year’s Patriots roster and this year’s for the matter, are basically practice squad dudes.

Head to head, Bucs have way more weapons than the Saints. Michael Thomas has been out. Outside of Sanders and Kamara, who else is going to help Brees blow the top off a defense?

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Saturday's results:

Green Bay 32, LA Rams 18
Buffalo 17, Baltimore 3

Sunday's results:

Kansas City 22, Cleveland 17
Tampa Bay 30, New Orleans 20

Sunday, January 24th:

NFC Championship

Tampa Bay at Green Bay, 3:05 pm EST (FOX)

AFC Championship

Buffalo at Kansas City, 6:40 pm EST (CBS)

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Brees' arm is dead. He rarely pushed the ball more than 10 yards downfield in the air all year and the times he did, he threw a lot of picks. He's done; a change of scenery won't give him his arm strength back.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Brees' arm is dead. He rarely pushed the ball more than 10 yards downfield in the air all year and the times he did, he threw a lot of picks. He's done; a change of scenery won't give him his arm strength back.

So says just about everyone who has watched him play this year. But we don’t know what he has left in the tank. And like I said, Brady looked like shit last year too.

famicommander

15 Year Member
So says just about everyone who has watched him play this year. But we don’t know what he has left in the tank. And like I said, Brady looked like shit last year too.

At no point did Brady look like his arm was dead.

Brees looks like Peyton Manning did the last half of his last season. He's toast. You don't recover from a dead arm. Once it's gone, it's gone. Happened to Peyton, happened to Jake Delhomme, happened to Eli Manning.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
At no point did Brady look like his arm was dead.

Brees looks like Peyton Manning did the last half of his last season. He's toast. You don't recover from a dead arm. Once it's gone, it's gone. Happened to Peyton, happened to Jake Delhomme, happened to Eli Manning.

Jake Delhomme?! How can you seriously include that name on a list of Brees, Brady, and Mannings

famicommander

15 Year Member
Jake Delhomme?! How can you seriously include that name on a list of Brees, Brady, and Mannings

Because I was comparing the trajectory of their arm strength, not their overall abilities. Delhomme was a decent starter for a few years, nothing more or less than that.

Look at some footage from the last few years of Delhomme. Every pass that he threw down field had a crazy amount of air under it and they got picked off like crazy.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Delhomme went to the SB once, he had at least one decent year.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
A lot of hilariously bad QBs backed their way in to a SB appearance *coughRex Grossmancough*. There's a reason a 0 TD, 5 INT game is referred to as a "Delhomme" in some NFL circles.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
A lot of hilariously bad QBs backed their way in to a SB appearance *coughRex Grossmancough*. There's a reason a 0 TD, 5 INT game is referred to as a "Delhomme" in some NFL circles.

Rex Grossman III interceptions? He was the original RGIII in DC.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
So Tampa is going to the SB. I guess Brady isn't too old after all.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
These AFC NFC Championship games are so much better than the Super Bowl games.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Who goes for the kick on that 4th down? Rationalize it all you want, it was a terrible call. No hindsight needed.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Anyone that thought Mahomes wasn't going to get cleared to play tonight has a TBI.

Talk a big brain safety game but when it comes to keeping a rising star out of a conference championship game. lol, put him in.