New VHDL code with NEO-CTO function code: fix the scaling problems on Super MVS converter

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
i have an aes cart shell and a mvs dead mobo for the slots. that schematic is small what chips do i need

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The converters are suppose to work with all SNK released games. If it work with 100% of the original library it's up to NG: DEV.TEAM modify their new released games to work on those converters. Not the other way around.

You can search all the threads regarding incompatibility of Super MVS Converter with Metal Slug X. Only systems with the 5V3A adaptor work. That 100% compatibility is false advertising.

Kyuusaku

B. Jenet's Firstmate
A couple of wires and a backup RAM.
Except that it's not possible for a converter to map memory to the backup RAM area. Blame the game. Theoretically if many games did have issues with that they could be patched Game Genie-style to redirect access to a JEIDA SRAM card, they don't however so it's not an issue.

Last edited:

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
You can search all the threads regarding incompatibility of Super MVS Converter with Metal Slug X. Only systems with the 5V3A adaptor work. That 100% compatibility is false advertising.

My SMVS converter after the ZMC2 fix is working with original Metal Slug X on a 9v AES.
I've posted a captured image of it working and the system is a 9v 3-5 motherboard.

You need glasses, man.
I'm not advertising anything. I'm saying IF we get 100% of snk games working it's up to NG: Dev.Team do their job and fix their games to work on a 100% original library proof adapter.
This is just hypothetical talking.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
My SMVS converter after the ZMC2 fix is working with original Metal Slug X on a 9v AES.
I've posted a captured image of it working and the system is a 9v 3-5 motherboard.

You need glasses, man.
I'm not advertising anything. I'm saying IF we get 100% of snk games working it's up to NG: Dev.Team do their job and fix their games to work on a 100% original library proof adapter.

And I'm saying you can't possibly get 100% compatibility. The ones require backup RAM will never work on the AES.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

You need glasses, man.

Have you ever had to use the pot after you added the ZMC2?

Kyuusaku

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I don't believe his V3 converter has a pot, but if the ZMC2 mod were done to a V1 or V2, seeing how the CPLD circuit is completely bypassed, the pot would have no effect on the circuit.

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
Thanks Kyuusaku, you were faster.

The pot would be useless.
But mine is the button edition that does nothing now.

Last edited:

smkdan

Galford's Armourer
I saw some work on a genuine low cost converter a while ago but wasn't so sure if a full release was going to happen. Nice to see all this progress especially if it ends up being priced anywhere near the figures being mentioned here.