New to MVS and have a video problem

hillbilly

n00b
Hey All,

Just finished the AC/DC wiring of my first cab and it is a neo and i am pretty excited. But i have a problem the top inch or so of my monitor shows the pic but it is all torn kinda like it is not syncing up. What could be the cause of this, the rest of the picture looks great
I have two older 19" WG monitors and they both show the same thing, could this be my 1-slot? it is the large one with stereo and game pab ports.
I dont know how helpful this is but any tips would be appreiated

Hillbilly

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Try messing with master focus and master brightness on the flyback transformer (CAREFUL!!! LETHAL VOLTAGE!!)

also, maybe the pincushion dial to remove that part of screen.

to be honest, I'm not sure what you mean, but I've had few problems with my cabs that weren't fixed through some dial spinning

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
could be a voltage issue with the PCB... Try turning the PSU up and Down.

hillbilly

n00b
I had the voltage setup to 5.04 volts when i just wired it up today and just now i tried playing with the voltage. When it is as low as i can get it 4.53 it is nearly all corrected, i am just stuck with a touch on the top still that is not right

I dont have a place to host any pics of what it looks like but it is jittery and looks like it is smeared. no matter where on the screen the image appears the top of the game always looks smeared, so it cant be my monitor if the effect happens when i adjust the position of the game on the screen.

Could my PSU be faulty i just bought the whole AC/DC wiring kit for the neo from Bob Roberts not to long ago so everything should be in good shape.

Thanks for the suggestions so far though

hillbilly

n00b
oh yes turning the voltage up makes the problem worse, turning it down makes it better, but i cant turn it low enough to make it disappear

thanks again