New Star Wars stuff announced

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
The character is based on a real person? I had no idea.

I’ll play Jedi Survivor if it comes to gamepass.
Yep, Cameron Monaghan. Mainly known for playing the gay brother on the US version of Shameless, and playing the Joker in the Gotham show.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Finished both season of Mando. I maintain my opinion of it being alright but not spectacular, it certainly has it's moments. Sure it's got a bit of a western vibe to it but I was hearing people compare it to Leone and Lone Wolf and Cub, I don't think those people have ever actually seen those.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Each episode is basically an hommage to classic film. Or an attempt to do so. You will have to wrestle through the Book of Bobba Fett if you want to follow the Mandalorian story.
I asked this before but what is up with Bobba fett's teeth

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Finished both season of Mando. I maintain my opinion of it being alright but not spectacular, it certainly has it's moments. Sure it's got a bit of a western vibe to it but I was hearing people compare it to Leone and Lone Wolf and Cub, I don't think those people have ever actually seen those.

Anyone comparing Mando to Leone is not to be trusted.

They probably also don't play video games with red headed protagonists.

Sadly, you need to slog through the Book of Boba Fett to get to the rest of Mando's story.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
You don't have to watch the whole Boba Fett show. Just watch the last three episodes and skip the rest. You won't miss anything worthwhile.

As far as the canon shows:
Clone Wars > Andor > Rebels > Tales of the Jedi = Bad Batch >>>>> Mando >>>>>>>>> Resistance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Obi Wan > Boba Fett

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah you could probably get by with the last three but there are only six episodes total, so…

God that mod gang is so stupid and completely uninspired in design.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Yeah you could probably get by with the last three but there are only six episodes total, so…

God that mod gang is so stupid and completely uninspired in design.
There are actually seven episodes, not six.

And yeah, exactly zero people on this planet wanted to see Boba Fett leading a teenage cyberpunk scooter gang.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Oof, seven…? Skip the first four then.

Fuck what a bad show.

Yeah, only other thing I liked about it was the flashbacks with Boba befriending the Sand People, showing what he learned from them, and humanizing them more than the simple 'animals' they were portrayed as in ANH and AotC.

It was just neat backstory to show how Boba sorta shifted from the unscrupulous bounty hunder jagoff to someone who sorta has a sense of justice.

But yeah, honestly just watch the episodes that actually feature Din Djarin. They (along with the whole concept of the dark saber) hit harder if you've watched Clone Wars and Rebels.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yeah, I'm not gonna watch any of that shit. I'll just read a synopsis or watch a summary video.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Yeah, I'm not gonna watch any of that shit. I'll just read a synopsis or watch a summary video.
Two of the final three episodes are just straight up Mando episodes and have almost zero to do with the rest of the Boba Fett show. The finale is about 50/50.

It's like they realized how much the show sucked halfway into making it and decided to cram two and a half Mando episodes into it to make people watch.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Quality of Star Wars media is inversely proportional to the amount of screen time light sabers get.

Fallen Order may be one of the few exceptions to that, as it was very good. I hope Jedi Survivor can maintain that.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Quality of Star Wars media is inversely proportional to the amount of screen time light sabers get.

Fallen Order may be one of the few exceptions to that, as it was very good. I hope Jedi Survivor can maintain that.
Nah, Clone Wars is as good as it gets and there are lightsabers in almost every episode.

As with most things, it's the quality of the writing that makes the difference. Andor wasn't great because of the lack of Jedis, it was great because it was written by people with actual talent.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I hope there are some unstated qualifiers on that Clone Wars statement, because Empire is the pinnacle of the franchise.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah, watch the last three Boba Fett episodes. Like Fami said episode 5 and 6 are 100% Mando episodes. Episode 7 is okay just know Boba’s “gang” is sort of pathetic.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

I’m inclined to agree with this.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I hope there are some unstated qualifiers on that Clone Wars statement, because Empire is the pinnacle of the franchise.
Its really not. It may be the best star wars *movie*, but it's not the best thing in the franchise.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Takes are gettin' hot in herre.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I re-subbed to Disney+ (as part of the bundle) to get out of market hockey, so I need to get around to watching Andor, probably over the holidays.
Andor's great, man. I know the character seemed one-and-done because of Rogue One, but that was the point, we all knew the people in that movie were gon' dah.

But its cool to see more development on the character, and Diego Luna is a big SW fan, and Mexican (I'm half) so it's cool to see more hispanics (read: RAZA)* in the SW universe.

*as cool as he is, Jimmy Smits doesn't count