New SSV US port news. Must see.

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Sounds awesome, but my big question is with all this extra time did they code the game to work on the 360 or just the XBOX? Man I would hate to have both systems hooked up.. Let us know anyone if its 360 ready* :eye: :eye:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
YO-YO-Boy said:
How the fuck do you know? Do you have an xbox & a copy of SS5? no? then shut the fuck up! thx! :multi_co:
Dang it, you are all set to hurt my feelings if you keep up with that kind of talk. But I do have an Xbox and the game, so rest easy on that point. Good luck with your English lessons; don't get frustrated, and keep at it. You'll get there.

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
small request -- can anyone give a brief synopsis of gaira's ending (with sieger, wan-fu and gen-an if i remember correctly) when you have a chance? thanks

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
I haven't got my call from gamecrazy for my pre-order. No worries though, I'll pick it up tomorrow (which happily coencides with payday :glee: ) or Saturday.

Now here's the thing that seperates the true fans from the posers: Even if it is a little different from the original, it doesn't seem that bad, so pick up the damm port.

SNK/P needs your money.

YO-YO-Boy

Benimaru's Hairdresser
pwn again!

SouthtownKid said:
Dang it, you are all set to hurt my feelings if you keep up with that kind of talk. But I do have an Xbox and the game, so rest easy on that point. Good luck with your English lessons; don't get frustrated, and keep at it. You'll get there.
So far every1 is saying SSV for the xbox is closer to SP so I was right you sack of shit! :chimp:

Last edited:

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
Kirk Foiden said:
The voice announcer and intro voice is quite decent and appropriate sounding, though it may come a bit of a shock that it is in english. Purists may want to use the Japanese version just because they're used to always hearing the fights announced in Japanese.

i guess Im a purist then, because the english is really annoying me. It doesnt sound right at all... is it an option to change? I dont see it in the menus or book....do you mean buy the jap version of the game itself?

my xbox wont play that without a chip right?

Also, anyone hate how the screen in way off to the right?....black bar on the left...which is fine...but there is usually and adjustment...but I dont see one.... Im starting to be glad I only paid 30 bucks for this.

The control is good though...so at least tha part is right....and I get to use new people that my SSV on MVS doesnt have.

edit: and wtf is with Haohmaru's strong slash? It sounds like one of those toy slide flute things ...

Last edited:

Sklabah

Another Striker
I was stoked to see story mode, faithfully translated to SNKinglish. Beautiful.

The boss is a bastard. How does one beat him?

(Don't worry, I'll ask again in "gameplay". More a comment than anything.)

There is something in the manual about finishers, activated when in some mode that slows down your opponent...? I haven't been able to do one yet. So far, I'm very pleased with my $30 purchase, since I didn't have $350 to shell out for the Neo release.

How long have we known story mode would be translated? I've been gone for a while.

Peace.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Well, the "fatal slash" refers to the issen, which is activated with medium slash + kick + evade button when you're in slow motion, or "concentration one" as commonly refered to.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
YO-YO-Boy said:
So far every1 is saying SSV for the xbox is closer to SP so I was right you sack of shit! :chimp:
"How the fuck do you know? Do you have an xbox & a copy of SS5? no? then shut the fuck up! thx!" :multi_co:

Stop trying to pretend you play video games, cock-gobbler.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Konig said:
i guess Im a purist then, because the english is really annoying me. It doesnt sound right at all... is it an option to change? I dont see it in the menus or book....do you mean buy the jap version of the game itself?

my xbox wont play that without a chip right?

Also, anyone hate how the screen in way off to the right?....black bar on the left...which is fine...but there is usually and adjustment...but I dont see one.... Im starting to be glad I only paid 30 bucks for this.

The control is good though...so at least tha part is right....and I get to use new people that my SSV on MVS doesnt have.

edit: and wtf is with Haohmaru's strong slash? It sounds like one of those toy slide flute things ...

To play the game in Japanese, with Japanese voice announcer, you switch your Xbox settings to the Japanese settings. They put that info somewhere early in the game manual. You don't have an option for english text with Japanese announcer, it seems. At least the voice announcer they chose is actually decent and sounds appropriate. (Well, with the exception that it's in english since for so many years Samurai Shodown never translated the announcer before)

I can't comment on the screen issue as I've been playing the game on a regular TV, at 480i, and it's well proportioned and positioned on that setup.

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
i just have it on an older TV with S-V...nothing wonderful...deinfitely not even like yours.... wonder why mine is like that?

I still didn't see any settings for language... where exactly?

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
Just picked up the game an hour ago. Haven't popped it in yet. Reading the impressions so far, I think i've made a decent choice for $30. I might just have to hold off on Tenka next Thursday/Friday.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
This isn't the only title snk has made odd adjustments to the screen with. My copy of SVC:C for the xbox won't center with full screen without my getting into the TVs service menu and playing around with the showing horizontal monitor size. Nor will Last Blade 2 collection for PS2 for that matter, but its not nearly as bad.

As for the game itself, SSV on Xbox has really impressed me. After the inferior PS2 port in Japan and those god awful load times I was skeptical, but the game loads up in about 2 seconds and doesn't seem to be missing animation. However, though I own a copy of SSVS for AES it was more to have it in case I wanted to play it than a game I just HAD to have so I haven't spent enough time with the Neo version to pick up on these things unless they are just overwhelmingly appearant.

Overall, this was a very worthwhile purchase for me and I am glad to see both Poppy and the SSVS bosses are in the title. Now to move the box back into its normal place in my room and see what online play is like.....

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
Konig said:
i just have it on an older TV with S-V...nothing wonderful...deinfitely not even like yours.... wonder why mine is like that?

I still didn't see any settings for language... where exactly?

Yeah, where is the japanese setting?

Alex0916

Bling kills, but...,
neo_X7 said:
This game isn’t 360 compatible yet, is it?
It does not work with the 360. I have noticed none of the 2d games work with the 360.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
The Japanese setting is in your Xbox Settings. It's not in the game.
You need to go to your Xbox menu (the one you see when no disk is in the drive) and go to settings. There's a setting for language, change that to Nihongo, then run the game again. This will play the game with the full original Japanese stuff.

By the way, this isn't the only game that works that way. Some other games may change to the japanese version when doing it. One that I'm aware of is "Sonic Heroes" which changes everything including all the voices to the Japanese VOs.

You may also want to check out other Playmore/SNK Xbox releases, as well. I think I heard mention that some of the other ones work the same way.

Note that this isn't 360 compatible yet. True enough, most of the 2D ones haven't been made compatible yet, however what's more significant is that the majority of ones that are slower at getting BC made are the ones with Live support and aren't the *top sellers*. And interestingly enough, almost all the 2D releases have either full Live support or support for online rankings among other things.

Last edited:

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
OK, found the language thing late last nite... now I'm happy with it... I didn't realize how hooked on the Jap announcer I was until now..... but since this is the only SS game to offer English audio....Im not surprised I didn't like it... it kind of takes away from that nostalgia from the arcade days....the Jap announcers and artwork are what originally turned me on to SS 1

It would be cool if the text was English in that mode...but I know what it says anyhow...so its almost cool that way kinda.

I'm really loving the controls even more now...once I setup my own layout it was all good. I think this game is going to make me pick up that SF anniversary stick... I couldn't justify it until now.... I'm using the SF anniversary control pad for now....and its much easier than the XB-S controller for fighters in general

Now if only my TV would let me adjust the horizontal centering, I would be set.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I bought this for my friend for his birthday, which is today. I can't wait to play it...

goingmerry

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
^lol, i did the same. its nice buying people things you get enjoyment out of as well! the guy is my nextdoor neighbor so i should get to play it!