New SNK fighter coming out?

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Am I the only one who would still want a NGBC sequel even with the old sprites?

Captain Kidd FTW

Garou sequel first.

Then KOF XIII, with all the issues from KOF XII unfucked.

Then NGBC 2. Even with old sprites.

The thread topic is cool, but the artwork for the home site is not my cup of tea. Why do all the characters look like they're 12 years old?

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
LB2? Ugh. The original was way better.
I think LB1 has its points over the sequel, but "way better?" What makes you say that?

And I second wanting an NGBC2.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Garou sequel first.

Then KOF XIII, with all the issues from KOF XII unfucked.

Then NGBC 2. Even with old sprites.

The thread topic is cool, but the artwork for the home site is not my cup of tea. Why do all the characters look like they're 12 years old?

NGBC sucked. I don't ever want a sequal to that garbage game.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
As I respect your opinion on SNK games and fighters in general, I'd like to see you elaborate on this.

Bad gameplay, truly bent tier systems, limitations of depth.
Its just junk. Its fun if you don't want a serious game, but its one of the worst tourney fighters I've ever seen. I recommend avoiding this game. Its like SNK's marvel 2 without the execution or depth. Actually, bad comparison. Even MVSC2's junk is far better then NGBC's gems.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I prefer SVC Chaos, good game too!:buttrock:

SVC chaos is a good game, and NGBC is its worse successor. The problem is that both games are ruined due to major flaws in longevity.

SVC has to many abusable situational bugs, infinite juggles, 100%'s and stupid shit plagues that game. The sub bosses destroyed its credibility in arcades the minute the codes were leaked.

The first time I played that game in arcade's, I was using terry, I realized something was fucked up, because I had a 14 win streak with zero playing experience, due to the fact that terry's follow up to super is just ridiculously good.
The game has a GREAT engine, and its largely a forgotten formula simply because the game is just so damn unbalanced. This one asian dude constantly lost to me using balrog, and its largely due to some characters just being totally fucking useless in game.

For example, if you use Orochi Iori as a main, and you form any kind of rush down game, you'll destroy your competition cold because he doesn't suit that engine and is way to good in it. Same shit goes for Zero, and his really stupid infinite. I also think that if anyone fucked with Goenitz for any period of time and formed a mathematical game plan, he'd be untouchable.

When you learn how to cancel or do combo's, the game is literally CHAOS. There is no structure when you get one true opening with meter, and at top level its just a war for meter abuse due to characters having stupid combos in it. The whole max mode addition only hurts it more, as taking damage actually benefits you. Its similar to the Japanese allowing themselves to take damage in SFIV when using sagat, because he'll have ultra, thus limiting opponents risks and options, due to a single tiger upper leading to a safety or a 50/50 when he has two ex's. That one thing defines SFIV, but unlike that game. SVC is littered with that shit, so you need to be worried constantly about things that can lead to hell.

As a KOF 2002 player, I'll tell you guys that adding max mode to a game as fucked up as SVC is like giving people endless supers. Whoever gets that first hit wins the match, period. It really is ashame all this shit was discovered though. Before this time I had a strong game with dhalsim.

I also can't get over the shitty music and backgrounds in SVC. It feels literally like a bergen belsen concentration camp mess.

Last edited:

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
The first time I played that game in arcade's, I was using terry, I realized something was fucked up, because I had a 14 win streak with zero playing experience, due to the fact that terry's follow up to super is just ridiculously good. The game has a GREAT engine, and its largely a forgotten formula simply because the game is just so damn unbalanced. This one asian dude constantly lost to me using balrog, and its largely due to some characters just being totally fucking useless in game.
Yes, I am aware of that, but I never pick Balrog. It's true that some are unbalanced.

For example, if you use Orochi Iori as a main, and you form any kind of rush down game, you'll destroy your competition cold because he doesn't suit that engine and is way to good in it. Same shit goes for Zero, and his really stupid infinite. I also think that if anyone fucked with Goenitz for any period of time and formed a mathematical game plan, he'd be untouchable.
Goenitz........don't get me started on that dude. When the computer controls him, he's damn near impossible to defeated! I just can't really get close to him, just rarely to be honest.

When you learn how to cancel or do combo's, the game is literally CHAOS. There is no structure when you get one true opening with meter, and at top level its just a war for meter abuse due to characters having stupid combos in it. The whole max mode addition only hurts it more, as taking damage actually benefits you. Its similar to the Japanese allowing themselves to take damage in SFIV when using sagat, because he'll have ultra, thus limiting opponents risks and options, due to a single tiger upper leading to a safety or a 50/50 when he has two ex's. That one thing defines SFIV, but unlike that game. SVC is littered with that shit, so you need to be worried constantly about things that can lead to hell.

As a KOF 2002 player, I'll tell you guys that adding max mode to a game as fucked up as SVC is like giving people endless supers. Whoever gets that first hit wins the match, period.
Yes, true. Dispite the flaws, I still like the game. The fast action, the overal CHAOS feeling haha. It really is CHAOS from time to time. I still pick Terry since he's my favorite SNK character. I do think that Geese's MAX is hard to pull off. I can't combo it well for some reason, perhaps my skills are lacking.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Its a very fun game, its just ashame it wasn't polished for long term play, it had total classic potential.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Its a very fun game, its just ashame it wasn't polished for long term play, it had total classic potential.
SNKP could Street Fighter 2 this game too :lolz:
A more balanced version, then a version which has Todo as an extra charater. Then another one which has Mr. Big as a boss lol etc.:D

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I never had a problem with SvC Chaos, even though I recognize it has a lot of flaws.

I feel the same way about NGBC, but between the two I'd say I like SvC more.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Chaos was a fun game, but not anywhere my favorite neo fighters. It was great to see the mash-up between SNK and Capcom characters, but once you got past the novelty, it was an extremely unbalanced fighter.

If there was a new SNK game, I'd want it to be a sequel to MOTW. Seems like the only viable licence they have left that they HAVENT screwed up (but I'd be afraid they would screw it up)

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
I never had a problem with SvC Chaos, even though I recognize it has a lot of flaws.

I feel the same way about NGBC, but between the two I'd say I like SvC more.

SvC Chaos has all kinds of fucked up problems...that's why it has been labeled the failure that it is. I still got enough enjoyment out of the game myself, but NGBC is the much better game.

I do wish that we would get an SvC Chaos 2 using the NGBC engine. There were some really nice character choices in SvC Chaos.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
SvC Chaos has all kinds of fucked up problems...that's why it has been labeled the failure that it is. I still got enough enjoyment out of the game myself, but NGBC is the much better game.
SVC Chaos was unbalanced, but it's still way better then NGBC. I think NGBC felt nothing like any other SNK games, it felt like a mixture of things without a clear vision.
The overall feeling was nothing like KOF or SVC or Marvel vs Capcom to name something. It lacked that.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
SVC Chaos was unbalanced, but it's still way better then NGBC. I think NGBC felt nothing like any other SNK games, it felt like a mixture of things without a clear vision.
The overall feeling was nothing like KOF or SVC or Marvel vs Capcom to name something. It lacked that.

Chaos was broken, and pre-KOF XII, felt unfinished and unpolished. I always liked to think of it as SNK's "MvC2," except that the community didn't latch onto it like they did Capcom's game. NGBC's certainly got its share of issues and character balance problems, but it is a far, far more playable game than Chaos is. The engine feels like a more complete version of what was started with Chaos.

And NGBC feeling different than other SNK fighters was a good thing. It, SS Tenka, and KOF XI all hit arcades within months of each other. I wouldn't have wanted NGBC to play exactly like another KOF.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I lol'd at the title. I don't even think SNKP has programmers working anymore.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
SVC is better due to the ability to dash through guard, that system is genius and could have led to one of the sickest adaption games, except, when you land anything you can destroy a entire opponent.

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
SNKP hasn't made any major announcements for a long time. They haven't announced new arcade titles after KOF Sky Stage. They're probably working on KOF XIII, but they might have something else in development as well.

Could it be possible that SNKP is planning to resurrect (at least a couple of) their other fighting game series? For example Fatal Fury's 20th anniversary is coming in 2011 and SNKP has already redrawn a few FF characters in KOF XII (Terry, Andy, Joe, Raiden).

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
SNK should just focus on one new game at a time at this point.

SVC is better due to the ability to dash through guard, that system is genius and could have led to one of the sickest adaption games, except, when you land anything you can destroy a entire opponent.

The tactical step? It's in NGBC too, just modified.

rsnd

n00b
I have NGBC for ps2 and noone plays it. Its not gonna turn out to be anywhere as awesome as any of its original games. SNK should spend more time developing the games and marketing them instead of randomly vomiting new fighters every few months.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member

While I agree with you on this, I still enjoyed SvC Chaos more. Seeing Capcom characters on a Neo Geo console figbting SNK characters was a real treat, and generally overrode whatever frustrations I had with the game engine itself. As a fan of both companies, SvC Chaos was more exciting and more of an 'event' to me than NGBC.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
While I agree with you on this, I still enjoyed SvC Chaos more. Seeing Capcom characters on a Neo Geo console figbting SNK characters was a real treat, and generally overrode whatever frustrations I had with the game engine itself. As a fan of both companies, SvC Chaos was more exciting and more of an 'event' to me than NGBC.

Both games are mad fun, but the issue with charging in Chaos is unforgivable in so many aspects.

With that in mind I've spent countless hours playing Chaos. The engine is loads of fun and the gameplay is a riot despite how fucked in the brain it is.

Violent Ken, Zero, Mars People were all creative additions to fighting games that were so unbelievably unbalanced it was retarded.

NGBC was better about a lot of that shit and I honestly felt it was the better game, except the tag system could be abused like no other.

Both were games that needed an extra month or two being polished.