New player <insert coin> !

Hello everyone, just joined up ! My setup AVS (TimeharvestCBOX with 2.4g wireless USB+8bitdo) in the back AES (3-6 with RGB fix with custom all Sanwa stick) in front. Some Swans M200 MK3 speakers (nicely shielded) hooked up to a Behringer 9 band graphic equalizer and Dr. DAC 3. Scart to 20inch pvm.
Oh, and the kick ass clock. ;)
home.png
217395141_10226731487541212_9169293390599086474_n.jpg

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I've never had a good place to ask this, but what's the current obsession with wireless controllers for old systems? For me it just adds a new layer of frustration (wireless controllers have batteries and connection issues) and I've always had a love of cables in general since I was a little kid. The only part I do understand is that original controllers for old systems wear out and break -- so although I prefer original controllers intended for the system, I can see the appeal of a new aftermarket controller for that aspect at least.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
there is also a second discord. the world is your oyster, my friend. you can join both!

I've never had a good place to ask this, but what's the current obsession with wireless controllers for old systems? For me it just adds a new layer of frustration (wireless controllers have batteries and connection issues) and I've always had a love of cables in general since I was a little kid. The only part I do understand is that original controllers for old systems wear out and break -- so although I prefer original controllers intended for the system, I can see the appeal of a new aftermarket controller for that aspect at least.
Yea personally I don't play much wireless UNLESS its 2.4g connection (nearly no lag) and a really good custom stick...The 8bit do is <passable>, I might swap the stick for a Seimitsu LSxx.
The reason Im using the 8bitdo arcade stick is...the 2.4g (you have a switch for either 2.4g or Bluetooth) is incredibly seamless with my AVS usb connection. Turn the stick on, play. Zero connection problems.

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I see Soul Hackers there I think too? Box double-jewel case. That game is cool, I was happy to get the localization on 3DS when I had one. I've considered getting a 3DS again just to play Soul Hackers but meh.

Are you able to read Japanese?

EDIT: LOL Wow, it's now a $150 game (3DS) on ebay. I bought it off Amazon for $30 or something not even 8 years ago?

Last edited:

doaal

Marked Wolf
All the Atlus 3DS stuff has skyrocketed. I saw the online prices of Strange Journey Redux and was able to drive 20 minutes to a GameStop that still had a new copy at retail price.

I see Soul Hackers there I think too? Box double-jewel case. That game is cool, I was happy to get the localization on 3DS when I had one. I've considered getting a 3DS again just to play Soul Hackers but meh.

Are you able to read Japanese?

EDIT: LOL Wow, it's now a $150 game (3DS) on ebay. I bought it off Amazon for $30 or something not even 8 years ago?
Yep Soul hakers :)
Pretty much fluent in Japanese, I've been working there for 15+ years now (Linguistics/translations).

Attachments

• 705735AF-CE96-4295-891D-6B87E8201ACF.jpeg
    705735AF-CE96-4295-891D-6B87E8201ACF.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5