New Online Store: www.neogeostore.com

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
the store is a pain to browse... nice CHNG64, the pictures are obviously kept dark though... and lol €600.

xorthen

Banned
How about only 299 euros for Koi Koi Mahjong on NGPC? Sure you can BIN on Fleabay for $50 but it's RATED EXTREMELY, NEAR LEGANDARY RARITY!

Looks like he is trying to flip prices so he can run his own store. He even has a "sell me your shit" option.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
most of the stuff seems to have been bought off ebay and relisted for more $$$ on their site... can't say I'm surprised.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
I expect for this site as much success as Ouya had...

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
49 euros for a controller extension cable - LOL!

loooooool

These are the same extension cables that I did a group buy on 2 years ago from Tototek.

They were like $8 or something each.

dat profit.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Wow. What an opening. I have one of those cables laying around. Definitely didn't pay that much for it.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
One of the owners of the site is in the NGFL Facebook group trying to justify his bullshit. He says that the MVS prices are monitored by his college buddies and they'll be fixed. He primarily only does AES stuff. Also there's a 21% tax rate and games are harder to get in Europe.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
loooooool

These are the same extension cables that I did a group buy on 2 years ago from Tototek.

They were like $8 or something each.

dat profit.

I wonder if I can trade mine in, they should give me at least half the selling price, right?

Caprica Orange

Pao Pao cafe VIP,
20 Year Member
He primarily only does AES stuff. Also there's a 21% tax rate and games are harder to get in Europe.

Thats not entirely true. Tax is calculated differently here when talking about used stuff. In case of used items, 21 % tax rate only applies on the profit that has been made. But even so, I couldnt find any registration commercially under "neogeostore" and it's nowhere to be found on their website, which is mandatory. Makes me doubt a bit if they pay tax at all, I could be wrong though.....

In regards to availability, I dont think its much different here than anywhere else, exept for Japan maybe....

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I noticed before they took the old store down that these guys also sold brand new replacement snap lock cases as well as the older style AES cases.
Were those any decent? Besides the Neostore, are there any decent places at all for replacements?

www.saveyourgames.it

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper

Thanks, that looks worth trying out. Shame they don't have the older soft cases, those definitely do not survive as well as the snap locks. I picked up a copy of Fatal Fury this week and the tray could not have broken into more pieces. :(

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
So this site is just some weak attempt to lure stupid people into trading in games right?

Fygee

20 Year Member
Thats not entirely true. Tax is calculated differently here when talking about used stuff. In case of used items, 21 % tax rate only applies on the profit that has been made. But even so, I couldn't find any registration commercially under "neogeostore" and it's nowhere to be found on their website, which is mandatory. Makes me doubt a bit if they pay tax at all, I could be wrong though.....

In regards to availability, I dont think its much different here than anywhere else, except for Japan maybe....

I figured there had to be something shady about that.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I like how the website's main audience (us) is just mocking it.

mb7241

n00b
I wanted to believe...and then I saw the prices within about 5 minutes of them making the store available. Absolutely pathetic. It's bad enough that eBay prices are what they are, but $50+ for dirt-common MVS stuff? Ugh.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
He is probably getting his stuff from ebay, gotta mark it up for teh flip.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Actually it looks like some of his stuff is coming from another member who sells his stuff on NGFL and elsewhere for pretty reasonable prices named Andorra Gomorra. Several members have recognized the carts from the labels as his stock, and its clear they were purchased strictly to be flipped for profit.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
So this site is just some weak attempt to lure stupid people into trading in games right?

This has to be it. The ignorance required to purchase off this store vs. literally anywhere else is mind blowing.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Well, this went from pretty shaddy to sad quite quickly.

I mean, who are they even trying to fool here? Its not like the neo scene has new people jumping into collecting left and right, plus, most people with two working neurons would find this place first anyway and realize that store fucking sucks.

I just don't get it. What are they trying to accomplish here?

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I just don't get it. What are they trying to accomplish here?

Flip shit for profit like Lukiegames and the rest of the leech sellers on ebay.

Last edited: