New NGDEV Neo-Geo Game: Razion

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Super dumb question here, but after "Neo XYX" I just gotta ask: This huge wallpaper is just for YouTube purposes, yes? The game will fill out the whole screen as usual? (I'm aware that XYX was TATE and this one is horizontal, but still)

And how much will this game cost as AES preorder once available? 450 or 550€?

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Super dumb question here, but after "Neo XYX" I just gotta ask: This huge wallpaper is just for YouTube purposes, yes? The game will fill out the whole screen as usual?

Yes, dumb question. The wallpaper is to avoid black vertical bars. Thats it.

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
The video here was all I needed to pre-order Razion (SNK Neo•Geo MVS) before it sells out like the last few releases from NG:DEV.TEAM have. I learned my lesson after missing out both the release and re-release of Fast Striker (SNK Neo•Geo MVS). This time around, I'm striking while the iron's hot!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Maybe they'll have that Ikari Warrior game ready for my next tax return check come April.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
The video here was all I needed to pre-order Razion (SNK Neo•Geo MVS) before it sells out like the last few releases from NG:DEV.TEAM have. I learned my lesson after missing out both the release and re-release of Fast Striker (SNK Neo•Geo MVS). This time around, I'm striking while the iron's hot!

If its not your cup of tea, you should have no trouble reselling. WTB threads pop up all the time for NGDev games. Im gonna preorder to try it out or keep, depending on how good of a game it is.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
Wasnt that Turrican clone super buggy? Like lots of game breaking bugs and such.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Wasnt that Turrican clone super buggy? Like lots of game breaking bugs and such.

I think all of their releases to this point have had their share of bugs. All those issues have been solved via the updates though. It's something that's to be expected for the most part now.

exidy

New Challenger
Im on the fence with this one myself. I thought the NEO XYX was just OK, I played in a few times and threw in Blazing Star instead.
Ill take the risk and wait to see how people like it before purchasing one.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
You'll be ordering ;)

mwahahahahaahahahaa

hahahahaha

haaaha

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Looks good...but then again so does Last Hope and Pulstar...and I have both of those

I like NGDEV, but I'd really like to see them get away from the shooting genre a bit

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
How does a NG Dev order display on a credit card statement?

I'm not the only one who opens mail in my household.

Lol.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Not trying to be too much picky, but... don't you think that some animations and movements are too much rough? I mean, take a look at the first seconds when a giant ship appears on background. The wing's propulsion jet movement is not natural, without accelerations and decelerations as a giant metallic structure would do. Some more frames to do that and the result would be realistic. Same applies to some other enemies. If you go to 2'00" the boss is very well done, but in some way the frame-bounce animation is the same. The boss at 3' is perfectly done instead.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see new games coming to the Neo. Just thinking what's wrong with this one that makes me think that is not my cup of tea.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Srsly though...

I think it showss up ngdev/ngdevteam direct or maybe one of the brothers' name.
I dont do internet banking, so hopefully someone else can chime in here.

pipes

Not trying to be too much picky, but... don't you think that some animations and movements are too much rough? I mean, take a look at the first seconds when a giant ship appears on background. The wing's propulsion jet movement is not natural, without accelerations and decelerations as a giant metallic structure would do. Some more frames to do that and the result would be realistic. Same applies to some other enemies. If you go to 2'00" the boss is very well done, but in some way the frame-bounce animation is the same. The boss at 3' is perfectly done instead.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see new games coming to the Neo. Just thinking what's wrong with this one that makes me think that is not my cup of tea.

Are you sure that that's the finished product? Remember the first trailer for XYX?

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Saw this the other day. NGDevTeam's site has been one of my startup tabs in Chrome for a while. Missed out on XYX and the 3 pack for DC due to transitioning back from Europe. STOKED though. Gonna pre-order tonight after my big red comes in :).

pipes

Yeh.
They should have kept that little " Fuck " speech bubble when you die !

Did it say that when you died originally? It still does when you break the chain for the medals though.