New NEOGEO game: "NEO XYX" NG: DEV.TEAM 2013

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
cases look interesting. how sturdy are the cases when dropped? also hi ng:dev.team :)

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Of course the NEO version has a yoko mode. It plays the game as a hori with rotated controls and HUDs/texts. I think we will show it in the next trailer.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I mean will a rotated Tate-in-Yoko mode (bordered Tate for normal TV set-ups) be included in the DC version, as i understand this isn't possible on the NeoGeo.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I would be saddened to learn of this game being a sidescrolling shooter instead of a vertical shooter on the neo on a non vertical monitor setup.

I would much prefer to keep the original perspective with a limited game real-estate than have it in the side shoot method.

Buffi

Zero's Secretary
When are you planning to take pre-order for "regular" NEO XYX carts (Non-LE).

Also, any update on reprints for Pink Bullets or Gunlord? :) (maybe with wooden carts ;) )

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
While the wood carts look nice, wood carts in a wood system is a bit too much. They would look even more out of place if not in an AI CMVS. I think an option to get the LE in one of these red or clear shells as well would kick ass. That red cart would look badass in my ash CMVS. It's all about the contrast!

omega_shell_final_1_zps45a83d82.png

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
But, meh. The wood I'd be happy with too. I just like it on the system more than on carts. I just saw these colored omega shells this morning, which I wasn't a fan of before and they really wow me now. For under an arcade cab though I still like the regular mvs style clear blue shells the best for the sake of uniformity. For consolized though these take the cake plus no crinkled label worries while updating with these.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
While the wood carts look nice, wood carts in a wood system is a bit too much. They would look even more out of place if not in an AI CMVS. I think an option to get the LE in one of these red or clear shells as well would kick ass. That red cart would look badass in my ash CMVS. It's all about the contrast!

Wow. These are REALLY f*cking nice. The red cart shell, and also the 'big red' MVS border on the US-style MS3 label. Nice touch. I totally agree about the contrast, although, a walnut cart in your E.Ash AI would make your CMVS look like a glorified toaster...

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member

Yea, I would much prefer those, especially the clear shell to the wood version as far as a LE option goes.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Yea, I would much prefer those, especially the clear shell to the wood version as far as a LE option goes.

+1, I think think these shells are better but to be honest I would be happy with those repro blue MVS shells that have already been using.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I still say I want my MVS carts to look like MVS carts. I really don't care for the home-cart-like look of the Omega shells. Yeah, the wooden cases may be a bit... flamboyant, but they look like an MVS cart should. I definitely don't mind the LE being in something off the wall like that. I wouldn't complain if my XYX came in an Omega shell. I just care about the game. Who really cares what it looks like as long as it plays the damn game. I do appreciate that both of these designs allow for opening the cart without damaging the label. Hell, if we're completely redesigning this, place a USB port on the outside of the shell so I don't even have to open it to update. A simple wired connection/plug somewhere on the cart could just hook right into the connector on the boards and allow for easier updates. I'd worry more about things like that than what they look like or are made of.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Hi guy and girls looks like gun lord is available to buy again Ngdev team.

Last edited:

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Those cart shell looks awesome .the clear shell would definitely look the business in my wooden cmvs.

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member

That red one looks neat.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The preorder price for Gunlord homecart was quite a bit less than 499 euros though. Of course that was more than a year ago. XD

Camp

Zero's Secretary
10 Year Member
Cross posted from shmups forum:

THE said:
system11 said:
Any idea when the LEs will be shipping?

Should be June.

There will be soon some cool news about NEO XYX.
Btw. the first row of beta testing starts next week too...

It's coming a long nicely so far, lot's of improvements were done...

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf
nx_at_stunfest_2013_web.jpg

NEO XYX / Zaikuso will be at Stunfest 2013 "EURO Wasshoi" (France)
It will be live beta tested by the famous Japanese super players: Kamui, Clover-TAC and NAK
Our beta tester and super player PLASMO will handle the event for us.
Note: the version shown is an slightly older BETA build.

Slugger

Marked Wolf
It will be live beta tested by the famous Japanese super players: Kamui, Clover-TAC and NAK

Hope we see some vids from the event once it´s over! Might buy the DC version of this.

Last edited:

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
nx_at_stunfest_2013_web.jpg

Nice!

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!

Good stuff. Can't wait to see some more gameplay.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Despite public opinion shifting a little, I too am absolutely fine with wooden MVS shells.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Got my gamecenter kit pre-ordered.

Last edited:

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
After the last page was mainly about cosmetics, let's get back to the game. First impressions from the location test at this weekend's Stunfest start to trickle in.

From the forums on shmup.com:

J'ai testé Neo XYX le temps d'une partie (merci à Plasmo d'avoir fait le déplacement et de l'avoir apporté).

Visuellement, les vidéos ne mentent pas, ça fleure bon le beau pixel art old school bien fait et bien maîtrisé. Les boss sont vraiment un gros plaisir visuel !

Mes seuls griefs sont un léger manque de variété sur les patterns (beaucoup de trucs en croisillons, finalement un poil simplistes), peu de feedback sur les morts (on n'est pas toujours sûr d'avoir perdu une vie ou non) et surtout une cadence de tir du vaisseau joueur trop basse qui ramollit un peu le tout.

Vu qu'il s'agit d'une version loc test, je croise les doigts pour que ces soucis soient réglés pour la version déf (au moins les deux derniers), auquel cas on aura droit à un shoot tout à fait sympathique.

Moderator Cormano played it on one credit and very much liked the visuals. Especially the stage bosses seem to be most intriguing. What he didn't like were the bullet patterns which became too repetitive (on shumps.system11.org he stated that he only got to the 2nd boss), the timid feedback when you died (you never seem to know if you dodged the bullet or not) and a slow rate of fire. He's hoping that at least the last two points could be ironed out for the final release.

Another user didn't like his two trials, there were too much speed discrepancies between moving left/right and forward/backward.

So far no streams have appeared and no feedback has been heard from the Japanese players. Considering that this feedback stems from shmup-nuts (I mean it as a compliment) I'm guessing that the game should be well on its way. If NG Dev are going to work on the criticisms (after all that's the meaning of a location test) we can look forward to a solid release.

Last edited: