New neogeo game aes ?

You/them can't be serious aren't you? (about the AES version I mean)

The developper sent me a mail with the idea of an adaptation on AES. A this time, the demo contains the first two level. Maybe it's a clone of arkanoid, but it's still fun... But it's sure that it will be a low game for the NeoGeo System.

I think this game is a first approch for the next game: a shoot'em up and a beat'em up.

We'll see...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Didn't they say the AES version would be 400 euro for this game? Are they crazy?

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
The developper sent me a mail with the idea of an adaptation on AES. A this time, the demo contains the first two level. Maybe it's a clone of arkanoid, but it's still fun... But it's sure that it will be a low game for the NeoGeo System.

I think this game is a first approch for the next game: a shoot'em up and a beat'em up.

We'll see...

Then I would ask if there are any details about the AES version.
Do they plan to sacrifice carts for this thing?
Will they ask money for that?

Anyway, sorry but can't label this as a "clone" (like Burning fight could be a Final Fight clone).
It is a code rip, and seems this (bad) joke made it too far for my tastes.

I would known the amount of code written by them (graphics, routines etc..), and the amount ripped from the actual game.
It will be easy to compare code after the NGCD ver is out, probably Taito would be interested too.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Didn't they say the AES version would be 400 euro for this game? Are they crazy?

If confirmed (even at 200EUR), this is what "shelf collectors" deserves.

At this point, trying to sell such "thing" would be legit, as the problem is not the maker, but the buyer.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I wouldn't want this if they were giving it out for free. I can play this garbage on my iphone. Why would anyone want to play this on their Neo, seriously?
I love the unique company name too. There's only one company doing Neo Geo development right now. This is just one guy with dollar signs in his eyes.

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I still don't know why they would choose to rip the sprites from the NES version instead of the better arcade version.
I would guess its because the gfx from the arcade version would need resizing for the neo.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I was defending that thing when people were jumping all over it assuming they would never make actual carts. If they do sacrifice carts just for this then shame on them. I thought it was going to be just a humble rom and iso like Neo Pong or something.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The fact that they "ported" Arkanoid to the neo instead of any other console made it pretty clear that they're in it for the ludicrous cash. You don't spend time & money just to make a proof of principle these days.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
The author of NGD Ark came here and said it was just a hobby/learning project a while back. I think he'd eventually like to be on par with ngdev team but has a ways to go. His blog also shows he's been toying around with a beat me up and a shmup.

If he has since decided to try and sell NGD Ark, then, er, um, that doesn't seem like a good idea.

It's really hard for indie devs to stand out these days, everyone and their grandma is making games. I could see some devs wanting to target the neo to try and stand out.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I was defending that thing when people were jumping all over it assuming they would never make actual carts. If they do sacrifice carts just for this then shame on them. I thought it was going to be just a humble rom and iso like Neo Pong or something.

Neo Pong is actually a very nice game and has Neo qualities about it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Nothing great about that game except the music but it uses music from another Neo game and the gameplay is like an unfinished Tecmo Stackers which was a great game.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Are you sure? Isn't that music from the Turbografx 16 game Splash Lake?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The music is from Bust a Move Again. Starting from the 5:48 mark.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Now that I've finally played my ToTC, I have to say the game itself is not bad. It probably doesn't have to run at a snail's pace like it does, but the game is pretty fun. My brothers and I actually played through it a few times. Of course the programming still has all the issues we've discussed in this thread, which disappoint me greatly, but I have to say since I was prepared for the worst, I ended up being a little surprised by some of the details they put in, like the pause menu and the way the main board repopulates by sliding in the different elements when returning to the game. This game has for me what I've termed "The Waterworld Effect" (watching the movie "Water World" for the first time, years later after hearing only negative things). Of course now that I've posted this, people are going to proclaim my insanity reaffirmed, since "this game sucks" has become the popular mantra around here, probably mostly among people who've never played the game.

Last edited:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Well, I agree with you on most of your points.
When you take into consideration the entire story of what happened with this game, it isn't really that bad. Sometimes, a little bit of last minute tweaking, bug testing, and quality assurance can make the difference between a good game and a great game, or in this case, a good game and an average game.

I think N.C.I. will be closely watched on their next release by the community. In my opinion, their record is 1 win and 1 loss so they are even in my eyes. The next game will tip the balance. And since warlocks is a complete and working genuine proto, I see no reason not to be optimistic about it and expect another win such as Bang Busters. Time will tell.

However, I consider them to be in "hot water" at the moment just because of the manner in which they have "mishandled" warlocks when compared to how they handled bang busters. No information, No pictures, No updates, No communication, etc. A very disappointing affair so far.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Still no proof they have the game. They only said they located it, not obtained it.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
NCI is MIA

They dissappeared from the earth's surface or what?

It certainly feels like that.

Both websites have not been updated in a long time. Facebook and Twitter have also been dead for over a month.

I had a very good relationship with my contact over at NC.I. He was very informative and would always reply to my emails. He always answered my questions, gave me information and updates as soon as they were available, etc. Then something happened. And now, I am "cut off" and I am no longer receiving updates or timely replies to my emails, if at all.

In any event, we are left with the following questions:

1) How much longer will Warlocks be on loan and on display at that shop in Japan? We were originally told "for a few months", and that was back at the end of March. So what is a few months? Two or three?

2) Once it is finally taken out, and back in NC.I.'s hands, how long will we have to wait before they provide the code number as well as some more pics and info?

3) Lastly, will the game be offered for sale in the same way that Bang Busters was and if yes, when and for how much?

We cannot even start to try and make progress here until we get these questions answered. So until then, yes, they fell off the planet, so it seems.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I hope they aren't trying to reprogram WotF from the ground up like they did with TotC.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
You forgot to mention their games have now been dumped. They have said before that they would quit if that happened. Are we to take that past comment seriously?

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
You forgot to mention their games have now been dumped. They have said before that they would quit if that happened. Are we to take that past comment seriously?

I would.
I really don't care if Laurent or Malvin the Martian is behind NCI, but if some members here has screwed NCI enough to quit business and we're not going to receive any more protos (not counting the totc build-up), I would ask politely that members to release new protos by themselves or shut up.

Anyways I don't think they're going to dismiss the opportunity of making big bucks. They probably will be very busy.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Anyways I don't think they're going to dismiss the opportunity of making big bucks. They probably will be very busy.

Agreed. They aren't going to stop releasing stuff on cart format and making big bucks. That's probably the most business neoayato sees which is why they are behind NCI, before that neoayato made money with Ironclad.

I still doubt they have WOF or any other protos but we will see.