New neogeo game aes ?

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Gay, seriously. Nobody wants Bang Bead. BBB was a decent game, ToTC was shit and now Bang Bead. They better not be bullshitting that they have other protos after they string people along with shitty games.

I hear you. And your right about almost everything you say.
We do already have Bang Bead & Caribbean was indeed far less than expected.

They hooked us immediately with Bang Busters. So we were blinded by the light and signed on immediately for Caribbean. However, this cannot happen again. Yes, they strung us along once, but they won't be able to again! If the next game is Visco's Bang Bead on home cart, or Visco's Bang Busters on CD, or Visco's Andro Dunos on Nintendo 3DS, JUST DON'T BUY THE FUCKING GAME! LOL :)

Seriously though, N.C.I. does have a few more bullets left in the ammo box. So let them shoot off a few blanks, watch those fall by the wayside, and then come back to the corral when the real bullets are loaded.

So only buy the ones that matter. If they use the string to help finance the carrot, then so be it.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I think someone just miswrote Bang Bead when they meant Bang Busters. There is no reason to put out an already released game.

Wait for QP. That should be a legit release. That game looks finished so I think it is only being translated to English.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
I would love to see that game too, but it is a Success IP, and they said the next title will be Visco.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Well, I think we will see something like this in the months to come:
Bang Busters for CD
Bang Bead for HOME cartridge
Bang Bead for CD.
QP for HOME & MVS cartridge, & NEOGEO CD
I just hope that BEFORE they expect us to prepay/preorder a QP cartridge, that we are shown ACTUAL HARDWARE screen shots including the title screen and MOST IMPORTANTLY the software product code number!
"We're carding in here now! So you wanna get in? No problem, but you gotta show us the I.D." NO I.D. = NO ENTRY!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
According to their facebook they are getting rid of ore-orders.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Interesting to know that Le Cortex just had one month to build the game up from nothing, just with some drawings and some source code... It would have been impossible to release that sketch to the main public. Now all makes sense.

They even had to write an audio driver for the neo. The good point is that they already have some experience and a developer library. I'm really looking forward to that pulstar sequel or prequel or whatever... meanwhile they don't f*ck up the game.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Interesting to know that Le Cortex just had one month to build the game up from nothing, just with some drawings and some source code... It would have been impossible to release that sketch to the main public. Now all makes sense.

They even had to write an audio driver for the neo. The good point is that they already have some experience and a developer library. I'm really looking forward to that pulstar sequel or prequel or whatever... meanwhile they don't f*ck up the game.

There are so many problems with totc that its shamefull. certinally not worth the price people paid for it.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I think we're going to see a lot of buyers remorse with this one. It's disappointing to say the least.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Does the audio on ToTC work on an MV1C? I'm wondering if it has the same problem as Diggerman.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It'd be funny if they just wrote an emulator of something else to run on the neo.

smkdan

Galford's Armourer
There are so many problems with totc that its shamefull. certinally not worth the price people paid for it.

I'm not really interested in the gameplay based on the videos, but the technical issues are really concerning for a paid product. It takes maybe 1 minute to figure out the right NGH format just by checking a few random games and the proper neo geo logo display is pretty basic too. The time constraint is one thing but the fact that they were willing to release it with all these problems is pretty disappointing. I wouldn't make something so unpolished on a weekend homebrew project, much less something that I would feel comfortable charging that sort of money for.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Don't forget they also sacc'd Metal Slug 4 kits AND put all the labels on upside down.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
surprised they aren't popping up all over ebay.
Maybe, but I don't think the price will drop, due to rarity. There are still enough collectors to keep the price stable.

I'm not really interested in the gameplay based on the videos, but the technical issues are really concerning for a paid product. It takes maybe 1 minute to figure out the right NGH format just by checking a few random games and the proper neo geo logo display is pretty basic too. The time constraint is one thing but the fact that they were willing to release it with all these problems is pretty disappointing. I wouldn't make something so unpolished on a weekend homebrew project, much less something that I would feel comfortable charging that sort of money for.
I can understand if Le Cortex is sloppy and just doesn't care about these details, but some consideration should be given to the type of product that this is. It's an unreleased lost proto. The kind of people in the market for this are discerning Neo Geo collectors. What's the point of producing something so far off the mark? Better off just making a new homebrew from scratch. It's almost like a scam NCI is running, fooling the collectors, especially if things continue this way. I can only hope that next time they will learn from their mistakes and listen to feedback so they can fix the problems.

However, I do feel I will mind less if they give this treatment to a product we've never seen before, like that lost Pulstar game. Since there is no information or screenshots out there, there is nothing to compare it to. So to me it will be like a bonus game, and I won't feel the sense of loss that I feel now when I compare the original prototype screenshots to their finished version of ToTC. A couple people mentioned that the gameplay of ToTC is not bad, so I will keep an open mind about that part until I play mine.

Don't forget they also sacc'd Metal Slug 4 kits AND put all the labels on upside down.
Are we sure it's from sacced kits and not from spare materials that they were able to source?

Last edited:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member

Not trying to defend them, but I would like to point out the progression of problems that contributed to this disaster.
(Treasure of the Caribbean was in reality The Perfect Storm)
Problem 1
They counted their eggs before they were all in the basket. They took preorders for this "second" release from their customers assuming it would be no different then the first release.
Problem 2
The source material they acquired for the game was severely damaged and in poor status. The files were corrupted and incomplete. It was practically unusable.
Problem 3
The first team they hired to "repair" and "complete" the game dropped out. All the time and money put into it was lost and they had to start all over from scratch with a second team.
Problem 4
We the customers began losing patience, complaining and demanding our game. So they rushed things and quality suffered more.

What a mess really. Granted, partly their own doing, but much of it was beyond prediction.
The only silver lining that I can see for the customers here is that we may get some kind of a first dibs and/or discount on future products from them. Which when you consider that they will no longer be taking pre-orders, is a good place to be in when they finally roll out those "gotta have it" products.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Problem 2
The source material they acquired for the game was severely damaged and in poor status. The files were corrupted and incomplete. It was practically unusable.
Problem 3
The first team they hired to "repair" and "complete" the game dropped out. All the time and money put into it was lost and they had to start all over from scratch with a second team.

Honestly I know that a programmer would be able to tell which games needed more TLC than others if you lay out all the games you plan to release to everyone.

They should have left ToTC the way it was but honestly I don't think they ever owned the proto and instead went off your mag scans and created the "found" proto. Everything has been redrawn to match the screen shots (almost) and if you play and listen to the game you know there is nothing FACE about it. I'd probably be right in saying that the music also wasn't composed for the game and instead is probably royalty free music.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Honestly I know that a programmer would be able to tell which games needed more TLC than others if you lay out all the games you plan to release to everyone.

They should have left ToTC the way it was but honestly I don't think they ever owned the proto and instead went off your mag scans and created the "found" proto. Everything has been redrawn to match the screen shots (almost) and if you play and listen to the game you know there is nothing FACE about it. I'd probably be right in saying that the music also wasn't composed for the game and instead is probably royalty free music.
Supergun's screenshots make me believe they did use some origianal art, although it may be re-digitized. If they were trying to copy the screenshots I don't know why they would change the character select and treasure select.

In the interview they talk about creating the music.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Has anyone ordered TOC and not received the game?

It's almost April and I still haven't received my game. Even if they made a mistake and missed out my name on the pre-order, at least offer the refund.

I'll keep folks updated, if I don't received my game or refund, people should probably be ware of dealing with them

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
AES or MVS?
Did you get a confirmation number before you ordered?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Are we sure it's from sacced kits and not from spare materials that they were able to source?

They used brand new US Metal Slug 4 kits. This is why all the kits for B2B and ToTC all have MS4 serial numbers on the box and the same "textured" MVS cart shell. Sources tell me they bought them in bulk from a seller on ebay.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The one that was selling each lot of 6 kits for $450? XD

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Neosneth, it,s MVS, no, I did not receive confirmation number, nor did I receive any feedback/reply until recently. Needless to say, I'll provide update(s) on this situation.