New Neo Fighter this March/April

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
if it's Garou 2 I'll piss, shit, and puke all over myself at the same time, possibly leading to an explosion of my entire body.

How about Militia Fighter!

Marco, Tarma, Eri, Fio, Trevor, Nadia

the guys from POW, Ikari Warriors, NAM'75, and that little dude that rode inside the Iron Tank and Guerilla War tanks.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
TRIEU said that it would be a completely new fighter, not a sequel to a current series. So don't get your hopes up about this being Garou 2 or LB3 (not that it wouldn't surprise me if they were working on that as well).

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Electroman said:
How about Militia Fighter!

Marco, Tarma, Eri, Fio, Trevor, Nadia

the guys from POW, Ikari Warriors, NAM'75, and that little dude that rode inside the Iron Tank and Guerilla War tanks.

I'm in for that one.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
God help me for saying it, but I don't need another Neo 2D fighter. I can still get my fix from either LB2, MOTW, AoF3, RBFF2, Kizuna, or Ninja Masters. They've done it all and can't improve much on it. Isn't everyone sick of the rehashing of the series? Yeah, I'm into SS0, LB3 and MOTW2 would be cool, I'm buying SvC, but how about something new?

A new sports game: Baseball Stars 3 or Neo Turf Masters 2!
A platformer: Neo Mega Man!
An action adventure game: The Adventures of Link at Neo Geo Land
A puzzler: Neo Columns

Serisously, something different please

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
D-Lite said:
God help me for saying it, but I don't need another Neo 2D fighter. I can still get my fix from either LB2, MOTW, AoF3, RBFF2, Kizuna, or Ninja Masters. They've done it all and can't improve much on it. Isn't everyone sick of the rehashing of the series? Yeah, I'm into SS0, LB3 and MOTW2 would be cool, I'm buying SvC, but how about something new?

Megaman on the Neo would fuckin rock!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
D-Lite said:

I agree but the since all of SNK's big names franchises are fighters and Metal Slug I think that's about all we'll get but hey for variety we still hopefully have Pochi no Nya and a friggin Bemani game from ADK.

Bemani on the MVS I doubt this machine will ever cease to amaze me.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
I agree with some here. I think the Neo needs other type of games that fighters to satisfy it's users and perhaps to gain the attention of new ones.

...but then again, the lack of new 2D quality fighters these days makes a new fighter a great thing anyway. At least I hope (and I know I'll propbably be deceived) that is not some old Neo glory rehash as SS0 is.

[OCEAN]

ltron2020

Marked Wolf
its gotta be a whole new game. Not a sequel to anything. I would love Garou 2.....but wouldnt they just say Garou 2 was being made!? Plus he said its not a SEQUEL!!! Im hoping snorks vs smurfs

Fredscape

Loyal Neo-Disciple
D-Lite said:

Exactly what I was thinking when I read this post, I was more thinking in lines of a complete new platform game.
It would be a nice change I guess as the number of fighters will of course neven be enough but some change now and then would be nice :)

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Here's all the clues that have been given:

"new" fighter, names series off that it's NOT, doesn't say it won't be a sequel.
Names off nearly all of SNK's big name fighters but FF, and AOF
They state "The time has finally come. Dreams do turn into reality." Meaning, it's something we've been waiting for.
Says thanks for continuing fighting games, well, it's a fighter.
And "be excited" but I'm not sure about that one.

All signs point to Garou 2...I for one can't wait if it is.

Last edited:

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

What the Neo really needs as a send off is one final, bombastic shooter. Maybe another "star" game. Could be gorgeous.

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
Kid Aphex said:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

What the Neo really needs as a send off is one final, bombastic shooter. Maybe another "star" game. Could be gorgeous.

My guess is it will be a shooter indeed.

SNKP aims at the arcades and there aren't many interesting shooters released there nowadays. a Star game would indeed be very interesting.

And people that complain about fighters.. Isn't the neo all about fighters ? There's nice other games as well, I agree, but compared to the piles of great fighting games, there's not too many of them.

I'd love a new fighter !

I'd love 10 of them as well.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Not sure what to make of this... either Trieu's sketchy with the details himself and means "it is about time" as in something new or finally... or it is some genre we have been lacking... perhaps a good boxing or wrestling game? Ahhhh, who cares... I'll probably skip it over for the music game anyway ;) If that's good it is never leaving my cab!

-Nick

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Well, what we do know is there will be guaranteed a "new" fighter coming out for the Neo Geo MVS in either March/April of 2004. When we say "new" we mean it's not another KOF, another Samurai Shodown, another SVC...or another World Heroes.

I don't know, when he says "new" I'm thinking a new series.

I think your seeing what you want to see.

And it is definately a fighter.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for a LB3 or Garou 2, but I'm thinking a completely new fighter, maybe with a guest appearance from fighters we know.

I'm thinking that's why he said something about dreams becoming a reality.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I could be way off here, but would it not be awesome if it were some fighter that contained characters from Magaician Lord, Robo Army, and say LOSJ?

GAMEFAN:buttrock:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Gamefan said:
I could be way off here, but would it not be awesome if it were some fighter that contained characters from Magaician Lord, Robo Army, and say LOSJ?

GAMEFAN:buttrock:

The Magician Lord should have been in SvsC... it would have been a great addition to the character lineup, and fit in very well.

-Nick

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
nruva said:
The Magician Lord should have been in SvsC... it would have been a great addition to the character lineup, and fit in very well.

-Nick

Magician Lord vs. Tabasa
:buttrock:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Real Bout 3 !!! :D

I seriously doubt it will be Real Bout 3, but I really wish it was.
Most likely Garou 2, I would say.

Edit: But when I read the first post of this thread, I thought it would be a totally new series, as it's already been mentioned in the thread by Fygee.

Last edited:

tbogard99

New Challenger
I remember reading a rumor about 4 or 5 years back about a possible Samurai Shodown vs. Last Blade game dubbed "The King of Blades". Although highly unlikely that would be awesome if a game like that was made.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
tbogard99 said:
I remember reading a rumor about 4 or 5 years back about a possible Samurai Shodown vs. Last Blade game dubbed "The King of Blades". Although highly unlikely that would be awesome if a game like that was made.

Just a couple of months after the release of Samurai Shodown 5, that's unlikely...

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Fygee said:
TRIEU said that it would be a completely new fighter, not a sequel to a current series. So don't get your hopes up about this being Garou 2 or LB3 (not that it wouldn't surprise me if they were working on that as well).

Eolith's

D A R K

A W A K E