new nbc loke test dates!!!! woohoo :)

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Yamazaki_RJ said:
Don't know if anyone already saw this, but here is. Mizuchi gives me the Mugen feeling too...

http://www.geocities.jp/mozkof2004/gazou3/CIMG0065.JPG

...but the pre-fight demo seems cool.

http://www.geocities.jp/mozkof2004/gazou3/CIMG0066.JPG
Yeah, that pre-fight screen looks cool. SNK fighters go to Silent Hill. I like it.

As for the "Mugen feeling"... yeah they reused sprites. I remember when the first started showing screens of SVC, and they revealed Goenitz. Everybody went apeshit, they were so happy. I don't know what the difference is. If they just called him "Orochi" instead of giving him a new name, would people be happy?

Personally, I don't like Goenitz or Orochi, or any KOF boss for that matter, so I don't really care. Neo Dio and King Lion both look new and cool as hell. There are probably more new or touched-up sprites in this game than we've had in any single KOF after '96.

The main two things I'm concerned about Playmore doing is keep making progress learning from the games they've put out so far, and stay in business long enough to learn.

H

hermegildo

Yamazaki_RJ said:
Don't know if anyone already saw this, but here is. Mizuchi gives me the Mugen feeling too...

http://www.geocities.jp/mozkof2004/gazou3/CIMG0065.JPG

That Orochi sprite looks new to me. The pose is different from what I remember of '97, and the hair looks particularly different too. Then again, if that's his standing animation the rest of his moves could be recycled. I guess we'll either have to wait for better quality vids or until the game's release for confirmation.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
Personally, I don't like Goenitz or Orochi, or any KOF boss for that matter, so I don't really care.

BLAS-PHEMY!!!

Orochi looks amazing in that still image.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Aww man, how could I have missed this thread?? I've beel living in Kanagawa since January! :crying:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The p.o.w. is hillarious. I wonder if you have to reverse block for the tank that comes from the other direction?

krakov

Armored Scrum Object
Looks like marco is going to be a very tactical fighter. I´m not sure what i think about his sprite though. Looks fugly.

Alex0916

Bling kills, but...,
I can't wait for this game I want to play it so bad. Has anyone heard of a release date yet?

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
31st march Q+A update:

1. saw in the vid that in one player if one character dies its game over but that doesnt seems to be the case in 2p.. whys that?

==> yes we decided to change that during development based on input from ppl who went to the loke tests. 1p is one character dies game over while 2p is until both characters die.

2. in the profile section the female characters have their bwh measurements whilst the male characters dont, why not? (one of the three feminists in japan sent this question in lol)

==> what u want mr bigs measurements??? u wanna know tungs waist size??? we'll see what we can do about your idea...

3. in ai's profile it says she really loves her "rare roms" what is this referring to?

==> from all the mvs titles things like chibi marukochan, kizuna and motw. she looks up at them on her shelf sometimes and smiles to herself :)

4. so ryo is taking up mr karate duty this time, whats happened to takuma? is he gonna come back as "ive just gotten back mr karate" or something silly like that from now on?

==> we decided to ask him in person, he said that his name isnt takuma, its "the first mr karate"!

5. there are hidden characters of course right?

==>thats a secret of course!