New MVS owner to the site

akiba1953

n00b
Hi guys I recently picked up a MVS arcade cabinet... I've been wanting one for years but never really did my research into it because I thought I would never actually get one. But I found one at a price and within a distance I could get to. It was $300 with Metal Slug 1. In a single cart motherboard. I heard about this website from a podcast. And found the site again while looking for help to paint my cabinet . I'm glad to see that there is a buying and selling section on this website. I'm so tired of seeing games over price on eBay. I wish I had found this part of the website before I started posting comments on other subjects on here. I hope to learn and to trade maintenance tips games ECT. I I am a total noob two forms in general. I have already upset two people by bumping a 2 year old post

Last edited:

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Welcome to the site, posting up here is much better than the bumping of old threads. If you have a question and it's been that long there is no problem in creating a new thread. This place has a rough reputation so taking some crap is normal but hanging with it will get you some great information.

Congrats on the cab purchase. Do you know what model motherboard you got with it? One of the first things you should do is put a unibios in there as that really unlocks a lot of what you can do with the system.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
welcome to the fold.

but be careful. apparently this is a horrible place.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Send 1 copy of Pulstar directly to kidpanda. PM him for his shipping info or shipping to a generic "Panda Island" may work too.

Pope Sazae

welcome to the fold.

but be careful. apparently this is a horrible place.

I was scared when I sent out my last package and all I had laying around were BK wrappers to go in there.

akiba1953

n00b
Thanks Pope Sazae the First. I thought you were going to be an ass on here for that other post that i bumped. Im new to the forum thing in general. I have heard mixed things about this site. But im not here to get into fights with people. ill just not respond if someone is an ass.
I wish i had navigated the site more before i started replying to threads. So far this site is great for all the info and tips i need to grow my neo geo collection.

oh and i have a MV-1FZ board. i found and printer a manual for it.

Last edited:

Pope Sazae

I normally just go by Pope. I can be a huge ass a lot of the time but I like seeing new people come to the site and stick through it. You should post up pictures of the cabinet, I would really like to see it and what you have to work with.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Welcome to seeing my nuts at some point in the near future. Enjoy the freedom here ~

Pope Sazae

That cabinet looks pretty good, aside from some cp work you really don't have a lot to do to it.

akiba1953

n00b
I plan on replacing the sticks with HAPP competition sticks. but See that they are not what they used to be. So im looking at getting IL sticks. But still using Happ Buttons. The CP over will need to be fulled and bondo the old holes to move up the buttons. i feel my big ass hands hang off the side way to much.

bryan

Geese's Thug
Welcome and nice little one slot you have. It looks good for what looks like a conversion. I checked out your flickr and where did you get the Neo Geo chairs?

akiba1953

n00b
I got the folding chairs from work. They were perfect hight for the arcade. But I made the iron ons. I don't have money to buy the side art. And I really wanted to see the SNK logo and neogeo logo. So I customized the chairs myself. Hope you guys like them as much as I do.

MysticJoJo

Overtop Pathfinder
I'm a new guy too, but I can't post a new thread in here OR the tech support forums, which is really frustrating since I could use some help with my own new MVS ._.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Sweet cab Akiba!!! And you can't go wrong with MS1 either. Welcome aboard. I'm a n00b too, so cheers!

akiba1953

n00b
Thanks Naika, I think the single slot will work great for my needs.

MysticJoJo, I had trouble navigating the site myself. I didn't have any guidance where to start. I wound up commenting in random topics. And then I found the welcome to the drama section. I hope your able to find out how to post and introduce your self on here. I am new to forum stuff. Just remember if you run into an asshole to just ignore them and don't get into fights. It's just the Internet :-P

Pope Sazae

Once you get past the first bit of most people being an ass then everything is pretty smooth and helpful here.

Do you know what kind of motherboard you have in your cabinet akiba? A really good way to start collecting is to grab a multicart and then when you find games you really like to start buying the individual games from there. Unless you are really looking for some of the high end games it's not to expensive sticking to the MVS route. And keep Happ/iL parts in your cp, it is just wrong when I see a big red with Japanese parts in there. When you start the restoration you should make a thread in the Tech keeping up to date as you go along, I always like to see people restoring these back to glory.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'm still wondering where my Pulstar MVS cart is? You did send it already right?

akiba1953

n00b
Pope I have a MV-1FZ. Well that's the manual I found that matches what I have. I'm looking at getting a 138 cart to give me something to play and test while I slowly build my collection. So far I have metal slug 1, bought but not received yet fatal fury 3, and kof 94. I use emulators like a demo. I play about 20 30min to see if I like it then I get a hard copy. There is just something about playing the real thing.
But I am looking into getting a iL stick and happ buttons. I wanted a happ competition stick but I hear that now that they are made in China they are not as good as they used to be.

Last edited:

MysticJoJo

Overtop Pathfinder
Oh, I think I've figured out how to post, it's just a tad frustrating that they have a section for introducing yourself which you can't use until you've established yourself as a poster. Also, it looks like you're looking for some of the same games I am! I got lucky with my MVS. I got a 4-slot for 200 bucks, only needs the work ram replaced, which I THINK I can do myself...It also came with Magical Drop 2, Bust-A-Move, World Heroes 2 Jet, and Samurai Shodown with marquees. Bust-A-Move still has a cardboard box with it, and strangely there's an empty Sengoku box. Also inside the machine but not hooked up was a copy of Baseball Stars 2. I've heard that one's semi-rare, and it's not exactly one of my favorites, so I'm hoping to trade it away to someone reliable for something that's more my cup of tea. I hope you're able to get what you want, especially swapping out those buttons. Do you plan on getting a universal bios to play stuff in japanese?