New member saying hi!

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I disagree that MVS carts are dull. They have a cool industrial heavy duty look to them. and that Strikers 1945 Plus cart i just bought is a really cool funtastic green color. AES carts only came in black, but MVS carts come in many colors :)

The clear color tones of like some of the MoTW and MS3 carts are way way cooler than the AES ones. And plus, how can anyone love 90s stuff and not love "skeleton" clear shit?

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
The clear color tones of like some of the MoTW and MS3 carts are way way cooler than the AES ones. And plus, how can anyone love 90s stuff and not love "skeleton" clear shit?

I'm still salty that I never picked up a skeleton sega saturn

Some great replies thanks guys! So to start, the reason I want to collect us/English only is because ... I want to! I am English and it looks right on my shelf. Simples. Please can someone send me the “collectors rule book” because I’m obviously missing something? Lachlan I have to laugh the hardest at your replies as apparently you are the big bully around here which means you will always have the least respect from me! And that 10 next to your name... how do I get my IQ displayed? Anyway thanks to the intelligent responses digmac etc x

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Some great replies thanks guys! So to start, the reason I want to collect us/English only is because ... I want to! I am English and it looks right on my shelf. Simples. Please can someone send me the “collectors rule book” because I’m obviously missing something? Lachlan I have to laugh the hardest at your replies as apparently you are the big bully around here which means you will always have the least respect from me! And that 10 next to your name... how do I get my IQ displayed? Anyway thanks to the intelligent responses digmac etc x
One rule is to show established members like Lachlan respect. This site is different from other collecting forums as people joke around with each other a lot and lots of ribbing in a joking way. Don’t take everything so seriously..

I also buy many English games but mostly the mid and lower level games, on those games the price difference isn’t as substantial as the high end stuff.. The reason I do that is because I like to read the manual from cover to cover and enjoy that aspect. I also buy Japanese games as well, in many instances the price between English and Japanese games can be several thousand dollars.

Good luck!

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire

Look man, Lachlan is legit.

Now stop redirecting the conversation and tribute that gold system or gtfo.

Some members accept wife pics as well.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Lachlan I have to laugh the hardest at your replies as apparently you are the big bully around here which means you will always have the least respect from me! And that 10 next to your name... how do I get my IQ displayed? Anyway thanks to the intelligent responses digmac etc x

Everyone else gives me the respect I deserve! Who the fuck are you? You're lucky I don't ban you for such insolence!

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Uh, heres the thing... the NEO•GEO arcade hardware predates the “AES” home console, so MVS is technically the original NEO•GEO. Also, AES is missing some games from its library, and has no exclusives. MVS on the other hand, has almost everything, and several games that were never released on AES or NGCD, making MVS the most “complete” NEO•GEO experience.

Of course, MVS is less glamorous in many ways, unless you go all out and buy a fancy arcade cabinet (which is way more expensive and arguably cooler than an AES, IMO)

So if having the most “original” NEO•GEO is what you want, get the MVS 1 slot “surfboard” with the metal cartridge guide, inside a Big Red Cabinet or one of those rare early japanese cabs with the blue hood/shade thing over the screen. That seems like a more worthy endeavor than buying four thousand+ dollar english AES carts in minty shape. I personally own an AES and an MVS, and a CD, but i dont own any games worth thousands, nor do i care to.

Take a good look at the NEO•GEO’s library of games. Dare i say download a romset and try out all of them. See which ones you really like. You may find that the amount of games you want to own and are actually willing to pay the huge price for is smaller than you’d expect. I found my favorite few neo games and i play them over and over... at the end of the day i only care to play a handful of neo games. When i got into the hobby i bought several titles that i heard were good and ended up not liking them at all and sold them. I find collecting games that i dont resonate with to be a huge waste, especially when there may be another human being out there who really loves said game genuinely. A smaller collection of items that are super special to you is much more enjoyable than a shelf full of STUFF...

But, do whatever you want with your $... i just ranting a bit here

Eh, I think a CMVS can look really good. JNX obviously makes great ones, and I love my Omega to death. I don't miss having a cab that much these days.

Hi Pin, appreciate the welcome. As for thick skin man, they didn't bother me in the playground when I was 12 and they ain't gonna start now! Life is too short for the neg.
To respond to a couple comments - no plans to go MVS carts are dull looking and where's the fun in the easy option. Not only staying AES but trying to keep it US/English. And before the big boys jump on me :) not interested in full set so why not keep it us/English
Everdrive? also not interested. I like the original or nothin. As for tribute, what is that? Ill happily oblige if pos.

Well you posted in the wrong section and you're just a shelf queen. You already done fucked up. Bail now, you're not gonna dig your way out of this.

Everyone else gives me the respect I deserve! Who the fuck are you? You're lucky I don't ban you for such insolence!

Do it! I was trying to delete My profile a couple of days ago but couldnt work out how. You would be doing me a favour👍 Only came here for grown up conversation and tbh.... there’s very little here. Seriously please remove me.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Perhaps if yall cant handle a guy saying he wants to collect US AES only, and feel the need to attack him for it.. then maybe you need thicker skin...:keke:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Do it! I was trying to delete My profile a couple of days ago but couldnt work out how. You would be doing me a favour�� Only came here for grown up conversation and tbh.... there’s very little here. Seriously please remove me.
So you came here with the idea we'd all praise your every post? Lol Now you wan't to delete your account? Sorry I don't do requests.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
This guy big bitch mode. I bet he got the shit kicked out of him in high school. You need to grow some thicker foreskin my guy. We only do violent handjobs around here.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Do it! I was trying to delete My profile a couple of days ago but couldnt work out how. You would be doing me a favour�� Only came here for grown up conversation and tbh.... there’s very little here. Seriously please remove me.

Thought you had thick skin? Thats too bad. I was gonna offer you an English copy of Garou Mark of the Wolves to jump start your collection. Later faggit.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Leaving already? I was almost done carving a perfect AES styrofoam replica for you!

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Do it! I was trying to delete My profile a couple of days ago but couldnt work out how. You would be doing me a favour[emoji106] Only came here for grown up conversation and tbh.... there’s very little here. Seriously please remove me.

Uh oh, didn’t you say you had thick skin and it wouldn’t start now?

So you’re a shelf queen, a retard and a liar?

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Eh, I think a CMVS can look really good. JNX obviously makes great ones, and I love my Omega to death. I don't miss having a cab that much these days.

I'm not sure if this is because everyone who ever wanted an MVS already has one or multiptle of them, but one thing I don't see very often anymore are DIY CMVS projects. Polishing up your long forgotten Arts & Crafts skills to make some inventive consolized MVS builds is way more fun than buying a ghey ass AES. Nothing wrong about actually collecting AES of course, but most of the people out of this forum with one seems to want them for the wrong, shelf queen reasons.

"This is my Neo, there are many others like it but this one is mine"

attachment.php

Miisalo's ammo box MVS still rules. I specially love MVS boards mounted on other console shells (EXCEPT neo cd... yuck). I'd rather buy a bare MVS board, whichever 1-slot model, than buy an AES. Having direct access to what's still the cheapest option for buying Neo-Geo games is cool too.

So you came here with the idea we'd all praise your every post? Lol Now you wan't to delete your account? Sorry I don't do requests.

And thus another "neo hyphen geo forums suck" thread is born in sega-16/nintendoage/racketboy, and the legend is perpetuated. Thanks MozzieSticks.

Last edited:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
The autism is strong with this one as if that was not already evidenced in the styrofoam posts.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I like how he called the MVS the “Easy” option, as if you can just go and pick up a cart of TSS any day.

Neo Geo collecting isn’t easy anyway you slice it. MVS collecting isn’t easy. You’re gonna end up with like 3 US carts before you realize it’s not worth it when a Japanese copy is cheaper and runs in English on your AES.

So I mention polystyrene packaging in a forum dedicated to a games console that comes packaged in ..... polystyrene. Lol and I get get called retard, autistic, shelf pussy thing etc, are you sure this is a Neo geo forum??? You guys should seriously read what you write its hilarious. It’s given me a lot of laughs. Anyway regardless of what anyone writes in reply to this post I will not read it or respond so don’t bother. Let’s draw a line under this, have a big hug and move on. Love, from your retarded, shelf loving autistic friend ��

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
So I mention polystyrene packaging in a forum dedicated to a games consoles that comes packaged in ..... polystyrene. Lol and I get get called retard, shelf pussy etc, are you sure this is a Neo geo forum??? You guys should seriously read what you write its hilarious. You are seriously a bunch of playground kids. It’s given me a lot of entertainment the last few days, seeing you all get so upset. I intend to carry on its fun. So what’s next? Lachlan give me your best shot, cmon what have y got. Or maybe we could just talk about Neo geo? Hmmm there’s an idea ������

It's a dedicated Neo Geo forum, sure. It faces the absurdities of a hobby suitable for children from the pov of an adult, so use it to question yourself through your hobby, remain part of it one way or the other and yeah, do have fun, but... since you're looking for a bunch of playground kids, just pack up your toys in polystyrene and move on to another sandbox, cause my guess is, this one isn't for you.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
^
Talk about falling on deaf ears. The MVS carts are 'dull' to 'look' at. He has exposed his inner collectard to us all and is now tainted.

Yeah I kinda got that impression also. I want to collect them because they look cool. Fuck it if the game is even any good.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
So I mention polystyrene packaging in a forum dedicated to a games console that comes packaged in ..... polystyrene. Lol and I get get called retard, autistic, shelf pussy thing etc, are you sure this is a Neo geo forum??? You guys should seriously read what you write its hilarious. It’s given me a lot of laughs. Anyway regardless of what anyone writes in reply to this post I will not read it or respond so don’t bother. Let’s draw a line under this, have a big hug and move on. Love, from your retarded, shelf loving autistic friend ��

You want to reproduce unrecyclable packaging filler and go for the most needlessly expensive option in a forum of people who actually like the platform for reasons other than impulse buying and filling NGH AES spreadsheets. You're dumb no matter how you slice it.

Go to a Facebook video game collecting group, maybe that's more up to your speed. I heard pics of boxes and consoles hooked up to a PVM during attract mode are very popular there.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member

We are a forum dedicated to the Neo Geo. Sure we collect, but we also play them.

From what you’ve posted - you just want to collect. You want to flex saying “oh yeah I collect the rarest types of Neo carts” - you said it yourself, why go the “easy” route and collect MVS?

That’s the attitude that’s not wanted here.

So go find a collectard group, because this ain’t it chief.

1 I never said i just want to collect.! That’s your assumption I play games daily.. 2 I never said I only wanted to collect rarest Neo carts .. and you put this in Quotation marks!!! lol Oops. I said I like to collect English carts as they look good on the shelf. Not a big deal and is not a crime I play them loads 3 And lastly Mvs collecting is easier than aes in many respects so please check your facts and try to get to know people before spouting unintelligent incorrect drivvle. I don’t want to fall out wit anyone but my word there’s a lot of haters on here. Peace

Pinball

Kula's Candy
@ Mozzercool1

<Pep talk mode> Perseverance is key here. You are undergoing a newbie roasting right now. This forum is different from most others, as you are seeing, but you'll be fine if you stay strong and don't get triggered ;-)

I started with MVS after buying a Big Red 6-slot Electrocoin cab in the mid-1990s. I was never an AES guy, though have one now along with an Omega MVS, both with TerraOnion everdrives and all roms. I admit that I do like the art aspect of AES, whereas MVS carts were never about that, but with MVS you do have the marquee graphics at the top, and of course (understatement!) a proper cab. I even replaced my electroluminescent (EL) marquee panels (at the top of the cab) a year or so ago. They were a bugger to find, but no LEDs for me :-)

Neo-Geo is really unlike any other gaming system, and still is IMO. Wonderful.

Last edited: