NEW Info on Highlander: The Source!

Ducky

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Yesterday I received an email with an official statement direct from the producers via the Officla Highlander Newsletter...

"Hot off the success of "HIGHLANDER: End Game" we're again joining forces with Miramax Pictures only this time to follow four new charismatic Immortals as they quest to locate the Holy Grail of their world. They'll face unimaginable challenges, confront unspeakable personal demons, and endure breathtaking adventure until finally they ...

Well, we can't divulge anymore at this point, except to say that we're kick-starting The Source buzz with a whole new line of merchandise and collectibles to celebrate this new epic. You'll find caps, T-Shirts, Jackets and the like all dressed in the newly minted HIGHLANDER: The Source logo. It's the world's first opportunity to collect a piece of the exciting next chapter in the Legend."

As previously reported, filming begins on in January/Febuary of 2003. No word yet on if Adrian Paul or anyone else from the series will appear in the movie, and no word on Christopher Lambert or Sean Connery (as was once rumored) on returning for the film either.

However I'm totally psyched for it. I'm a huge Highlander fan, and while I'd love to see a new movie featuring Adrian Paul and the adventures of Duncan MacLeod, this movie looks like it's taking a nice fresh direction, and also seems to most likely be set entirely, or mostly, in the past.

Also a thought I just had... could these 4 Immortals be about the four horseman? Holy shit that would rock my ass. Everyone was watched Highlander knows that the whole Methos/Kronos story was the best! I can only hope... :)

Post your excitement here! HIGHLANDER LIVES!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
The four horsemen where part of another story though, right?

Anyhow, Methos was my favorite character in the tv series. But why didn't he have to get killed for there to only be one?

Ducky

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Originally posted by EvilWasabi:
<strong>The four horsemen where part of another story though, right?

Anyhow, Methos was my favorite character in the tv series. But why didn't he have to get killed for there to only be one?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Methos was also my favorite character from the series. Not to mention Peter Wingfeild is an incredible actor who really should be doing sooo much more than he is (just like Adrian Paul).

Anyway... the four horseman storyline was completely and unbelievable awesome.

In case ya missed it (it was 3 episodes I think)..

Thousands of years ago the legendary four horseman road across the lands slaughtering and conquering everything and striking fear in the hearts of everyone.

So yada yada yada thousands of years later it's revealed that Methos was one of the four horseman, and the other three were also immortals. Kronos, the leader fo the four horseman, seeks out the other members and wants to reform the four horseman in modern times. Methos also joins with Kronos and the others, but later ends up kicking ass and taking heads. :cool:

But anyway even though that story ended in the series, there are still plenty of cool stories left to be told about what the four horseman did thousands of years ago. And since they were the oldest immortals, and Methos being the oldest Immortal still living at 5000 years, the movie could definetly deal with "The Source" of the Immortals, if that is indeed what the rumors and the title imply.

It's just my nifty little idea. It could be totally different from what they're really gonna make, but I think it would be cool.

Watcha think?

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Originally posted by Ducky:
<strong>
So yada yada yada thousands of years later it's revealed that Methos was one of the four horseman, and the other three were also immortals. Kronos, the leader fo the four horseman, seeks out the other members and wants to reform the four horseman in modern times. Methos also joins with Kronos and the others, but later ends up kicking ass and taking heads. :cool:
</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ah, I remember it all now. Still not sure why Methos gets to live. He was the oldest immortal after Kronos, right?

Anyhow, I kind of liked End Game, but there was too much garbage in the storyline. They could have done a lot better with the main enemy... He was kind of cool, but poorly constructed as a character.

Ducky

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Originally posted by EvilWasabi:
<strong>

Ah, I remember it all now. Still not sure why Methos gets to live. He was the oldest immortal after Kronos, right?

Anyhow, I kind of liked End Game, but there was too much garbage in the storyline. They could have done a lot better with the main enemy... He was kind of cool, but poorly constructed as a character.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I believe Methos was still older than Kronos by a couple of hundred years. He's still alive becuase, while he may not be the most skilled with the sword, he's hidden from immortals most of his life. And he has the perfect disguise as posing as a watcher. I for one hope Methos lives for ANOTHER 5000 years. :)

I loved Endgame. I always liked it, but it took a few showings for me to really appreciate it as much as I do now. You're right some of the storyline seemed a little forced or incosistant with the characters, but after watching it so many times I've totally gotten over that and can believe everything in it now.

I thought Jacob Kell was a good villan. He had a great story with Connor and all, and Bruce Payne is such a good actor. He's not Kurgan, but he's damn close, imo.

BTW if you're interested check out the Highlander The Series DVD set. Season 1 just came out in stores.

Ducky

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Even more new info...

Basic storyline synopsis so far (aparently the final script has yet to be written)...

There's a legend that tells where the Immortal race began. It's called The Source. Lost -- or perhaps hidden -- for countless millenia its whereabouts is a mystery of such compelling magnitude that every Immortal is haunted by it. Which begs the question, what do you imagine an Immortal would risk to find it, to at last know the truth of who - or what - he really is?

Also a few weeks ago someone who won a contest on the official site got to talk to Bill Panzer (producer) about the movie. Some very interesting stuff to note...

"He said that Lambert MAY be in the next movie. The two are meeting today to talk about it. He told me that one of the guys who wrote Endgame has written the first draft. Panzer said he's read the first 50 pages and they look GOOD. This movie won't be the typical Highlander movie were the good guy is confronted by a bad guy from their past, this is going to be about a quest."

Also, Adrian Paul will definetly not be in the movie. Oh well. Sounds interesting so far, although I'm sure if Lambert is in it it won't be as a main character. Probably flash-back only stuff, since he's dead, and obviously never went on a quest sometime in his past that told him the secret of the immortals.

I can only hope they don't find a little space ship in some dark cave somewhere that has a map directing them to the planet Zeist. LoL.

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
I can only hope they don't find a little space ship in some dark cave somewhere that has a map directing them to the planet Zeist. LoL.

If that's the case then let's pray one of those immortals isn't played by Michael Ironside reprising the role of General "Bast off!" Katana. :D

S

SAMHAIN

i like the tv series with adrian paul alot better than the movies..

i picked up endgame,it was alright..

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
highlander is the shit...except for highlander 2 which was the biggest peice of shit ive ever seen...they changed the story and made the imortals ALIENS! can u beleive that shit...retarded

i prefer the movies over the tv show but i liked the tv show too..its great to hear another one comming out ..end game was kinda cool

Ducky

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
My thoughts on Highlander 2..

Yes, it's an awful addition to the Highlander story, but the movie itself is extremely enjoyable if you don't take it seriously.

The theory on Highlander 2 is that it's just non-cannon. It's not considered part of the common Highlander timeline, whatever you think that to be. There are several Highlander universes, as I see it.

For some, the original Highlander movie is the only one that matters. It was the end of the gathering, Connor was the last one, and he won the prize.

Highlander: The Final Dimention could also be considered a legit extension on the first film's story and be a part of that universe, but the reason as to why Connor had received the prize but lost it several years later as another quickening hit is still kind of foggy. Take it as you will. I have my own theory.

Highlander: The Series, is just a totally different Highlander universe, where there are still hundreds and hundreds of Immortals left in the world. As far as I know, they never completely link the events that occured in NY of 86 from the first film to the events that happen in the series. So, Connor's previous history in the Highlands and all remain the same, and in the universe of the series, he still probably killed The Kurgan back in 1986, but it just wasnt' for the prize. Again, it doesn't necessarily change the story of the first film, which stands on it's own, but it's just a different version of the story, which happens in an alternate Highlander universe.

Same goes for Highlander 2. It's just another version of Highlander, and not consistant with the other versions, therefore stands on it's own.

I doubt anybody read all that. But what can I say? I'm bored. :)