NEW CONAN MOVIE W/ARNOLD!!!!

megashock_330

Zero's Secretary
AW HELLS YEA!!! :buttrock: :multi_co:

Arnold And ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Reunited: Universal Reboots Action Franchise With Schwarzenegger

EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures has made a deal for The Legend Of Conan, an action film that will star Arnold Schwarzenegger in one of his signature roles as Robert E. Howard’s mythic barbarian. The deal brings Conan and Schwarzenegger back to Universal, which released the first film that launched Schwarzenegger’s movie career back in 1982. Universal has world rights on the film.

The film will be produced by Fredrik Malmberg and Chris Morgan. Malmberg is CEO of Paradox Entertainment, which holds the rights to Conan. Morgan is the Universal-based writer and producer whose credits include the last four Fast and the Furious films, along with Wanted and 47 Ronin. Morgan has hatched the story and might write the script. The caveat is that the studio wants The Legend of Conan for summer 2014, and Morgan might not be finished writing the seventh Fast and Furious installment by then. If that happens he will be a very active producer, because this is Morgan’s dream project.

Schwarzenegger starred in two Conan films before moving on to Terminator and other blockbusters as he became the world’s biggest action star. Paradox was involved in a 2011 reboot at Millennium Films that starred Jason Momoa and misfired. Paradox’s Malmberg, who moved the project away from Warner Bros after seven years of development with big name filmmakers because the project was moving too slowly, feels that this is the version of the film that he and everybody else always wanted to see on the screen but couldn’t while Schwarzenegger was Governor of California.

“The original ended with Arnold on the throne as a seasoned warrior, and this is the take of the film we will make,” Malmberg told me. “It’s that Nordic Viking mythic guy who has played the role of king, warrior, soldier and mercenary, and who has bedded more women than anyone, nearing the last cycle of his life. He knows he’ll be going to Valhalla, and wants to go out with a good battle.”

There are no plans for Momoa to return.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
The fast and furious movies are a guilty pleasure of mine but I don't think I want this guy writing a Conan movie.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
don't let DK hear you talking like that Kiel

SSS

neo retired
Conan battles his toughest foes yet, dimensia and incontinence

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah, this was a role for a 55 year old Arnold - not a 65 year old one.

His skin looks transparent now.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
AW HELLS YEA!!!:buttrock: :multi_co:
You CLEARLY have not seen a recent photo of old, flabby, pot-bellied Arnold.

And I don't know what all that "Viking/Valhalla" bullshit talk was. Somebody needs to buy this asshole a fucking clue. Conan: Not Nordic. Not a Viking.

The Cimmerians were supposed to be forerunners of the Celts, you stupid fuck.

Yeah, let's all get excited about a Conan movie being made by someone who knows fuck-all about Conan. Conan the Viking. Senfuckingsational.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member

And I don't know what all that "Viking/Valhalla" bullshit talk was. Somebody needs to buy this asshole a fucking clue. Conan: Not Nordic. Not a Viking.

Yeah, let's all get excited about a Conan movie being made by someone who knows fuck-all about Conan. Conan the Viking. Senfuckingsational.

What an incredible post.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,

/thread

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
“It’s that Nordic Viking mythic guy who has played the role of king, warrior, soldier and mercenary, and who has bedded more women than anyone, nearing the last cycle of his life. He knows he’ll be going to Valhalla, and wants to go out with a good battle.”
I suspect the writers will have copies of Gemmell's Legend open as they pen the screenplay.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member

Robert E. Howard did mix and match cultures for the world(s) he created so despite Conan being something Celtic-like, some of the themes were borrowed from Viking lore. Also in the first Conan movie Conan himself said: "Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me.

Valhalla is not from the Celts(proto-, nor pre-), Valhalla comes from Nordic(to include Viking) people so who could blame the guy for saying that?

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
They're making another Die Hard, and Liam Neeson is suddenly an action star in his 60's, so why not a new Conan?

I'd see it.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
The choice of director is what worries me the most, those Fast and Furious movies were a steaming pile of dog shit.

I might tune back in if I hear the movie will be rated R, like the first Conan movie. Or if somebody FINALLY decides to put a Cthulhu worshipping cult in a Conan story arc. Both are very unlikely.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Nothing that a little dbol and winstrol can't fix. I could totally picture him being a old king with grey hair and beard with a bunch of scars on his body and face from battle. It could be done. My fear is that the movie would have that corny humor.

Arnold is at his best when he doesn't say much.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Arnold would have to wear a muscle suit for the role given, unless they want Conan fully clothed.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Not trying to derail topic, but does megashock ever reply to the topics he creates?
I'm starting to think he's a spambot that makes topics about what ever is trending.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
This motherfucker has been a member since 2006 and managed to use all three of the worst emoticons available in a single horrible post.

As far as this potential movie if it comes out it will be terrible. It could work but Arnold would have to be a small role character. Like just old man Conan the king warning his son about his past mistakes or something. Pretty much just a token cameo to pull in a few more bucks and butts in the seats.

They tried to reboot this shit already and totally fucked it up. They'd need to come with some Dredd 3D caliber shit for this to work.

I'm not going to hold my breath.