new characters in KOF:MI2

beelzebubble said:
hope this isnt old news.

0021.jpg
0022.jpg

Nagase looks like she'd belong in Code Lyoko. (Note: I have never seen a single episode of Code Lyoko.)
Luis belongs in a goth manga (I'm just saying this since everyone else said "RPG").

I'm not too fond of the direction Maximum Impact 2 is heading. Don't get me wrong- I'm pleased that Billy's in it, but most of the original characters in (both old and new) would more than likely be found on the stylish streets of Shibuya (say that five times fast) than in Southtown. I personally think that if the next game does take place in Southtown, it should have a gritier atmosphere. Lose lightweights like Mignon and Nagase and put in more rugged heavyweights (like Heavy D! and Rick Stroud). Give each of the characters an actual purpose for being in Southtown (as opposed to just looking cute, kicking ass, and spreading love and justice). And on top of all that, have ramifications that tie KOF and MOTW together.

Who's with me on this idea?

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
*sigh*

I'll buy it for Billy.

insaneben said:
Give each of the characters an actual purpose for being in Southtown (as opposed to just looking cute, kicking ass, and spreading love and justice). And on top of all that, have ramifications that tie KOF and MOTW together.

Who's with me on this idea?
Every KoF fan.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I never liked how KOF has almost adopted the MOTW storyline...and I'm a KOF fanatic.

I guess, I always wanted KOF to be a totally different story/universe like how it was supposed to be, so we could see different versions of the characters (not including the KOF only ones).

As far as the KOF MI characters, I think Alba and Lien are great designs.

If you think of them in 2D and realize how their designs fit in 2D KOF, they become more likeable.

Don't like the new characters at ALL tho!

But I will still test their gameplay and see if they are fun to play with.

And I didnt like Billy's 3D model that much, but its not bad.

Last edited:

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Violent Ryo said:
I never liked how KOF has almost adopted the MOTW storyline...and I'm a KOF fanatic.

I guess, I always wanted KOF to be a totally different story/universe like how it was supposed to be, so we could see different versions of the characters (not including the KOF only ones).

As far as the KOF MI characters, I think Alba and Lien are great designs.

If you think of them in 2D and realize how their designs fit in 2D KOF, they become more likeable.

Don't like the new characters at ALL tho!

But I will still test their gameplay and see if they are fun to play with.

And I didnt like Billy's 3D model that much, but its not bad.

Seems to me that so far they're introducing MotW characters, but certainly not the story. Hell, only 1 of the characters that's central to the story is even in it, and Terry's ending from 2003 was totally innocuous — no reason to think he's going to start tangling with Rock and Kain next game, or even the one after that (which will be about Ash still, methinks). Just because Tizoc and Gato (and now B.Jenet) are in the game doesn't mean the MotW story is coming into KoF.

I imagine they might tie them together later, and if that's the case, I do agree that they should probably be kept separate. And I think SNKP will, so they'll have two franchises to sell instead of just one. It would be a bad business call to suddenly cut your top-drawer stuff in half like that.

Spreading the characters around, on the other hand, just increases exposure. And that's not a bad thing at all, if you ask me.

Celes

Kuroko's Training Dummy
It just won't work because in the garou series, characters actually age. In the Kof Series, Kyo is still in high school after 10 years.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Celes said:
It just won't work because in the garou series, characters actually age. In the Kof Series, Kyo is still in high school after 10 years.
I know what you're saying, and I agree, but the fact of the matter is that they're going to do it anyway. They started doing it with '03, then MI, NBC, then even more in KOF XI.

They had said previously that they were going to continue the MotW storyline, which everyone assumed meant a MotW2 (Trieu's site expecially jumped on that idea), but I think they meant they'd continue it within the KOF series. Might as well get used to the idea. Mark of the Wolves took place in 2006, so if they're going to do it, this would be the time to ramp up to it. Anyhow, time will tell one way or the other, and I'm sure the games will be fun, regardless.

milton

n00b
what's the deal with garou, garou is kof maximum mayhem, another version of the king of fighters, and if you din't know XI is taking the damn time line of garou so quit it. :blow_top:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
milton said:
what's the deal with garou, garou is kof maximum mayhem, another version of the king of fighters, and if you din't know XI is taking the damn time line of garou so quit it. :blow_top:
Abster mark II, ladies and gentlemen. He'll be here all week, and please don't forget to tip your waitress.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
I like how it's progressing. I was hoping they wouldn't leave the Mark of the Wolves storyline wide open like that. I think a sequel would be best, but SNK Playmore wouldn't be able to do one that would have the same quality of the original and not to mention they don't seem to be able to really handel more than what they are doing now.

I defintely won't be bothering with Maximum Impact unless III looks damn good, which I doubt.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Mark of the Wolves said:
I defintely won't be bothering with Maximum Impact unless III looks damn good, which I doubt.
Yeah, I was hoping for a bigger jump between 1 & 2... Gameplay may be king, but if you're going to cave to the mainstreamers and go 3D, go ahead and give me good looking 3D. III better impress.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
SouthtownKid said:
Yeah, I was hoping for a bigger jump between 1 & 2... Gameplay may be king, but if you're going to cave to the mainstreamers and go 3D, go ahead and give me good looking 3D. III better impress.

That's what perplexed me about their decision. Sure a 3D fighter could be good, but if they aren't going to take any strides to make it more than mediocre they might as well not bother. On PS2 I would pick up Virtua Fighter or Tekken first. On Xbox I'd pick up Dead or Alive. And on the Cube I'd pick up...umm....Super Smash Brothers or maybe even Bloody Roar. Atleast they look good. And offer a unique play style. Not just 2D transitioned to 3D.

Kap

New Challenger
I'm just hoping for more (old) interesting characters. I hardly play with the new guys from part 1 and after seeing those pictures, I don't think that will change. =[

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Fygee said:

Iori is looking really nice in that CG Render.

And yes that artwork of Louise DOES look fantastic. I generally don't like Falcoon much and his MI characters were rather *meh*, but I really have to give him props to that design.

And Ryo looks rather...weird.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Mark of the Wolves said:
That's what perplexed me about their decision. Sure a 3D fighter could be good, but if they aren't going to take any strides to make it more than mediocre they might as well not bother. On PS2 I would pick up Virtua Fighter or Tekken first. On Xbox I'd pick up Dead or Alive. And on the Cube I'd pick up...umm....Super Smash Brothers or maybe even Bloody Roar. Atleast they look good. And offer a unique play style. Not just 2D transitioned to 3D.
I dunno... I thought the gameplay was not too bad for a first attempt from Playmore, and I don't really want it to move too far away from 2D style -- something near MI1 and Wild Ambition... But yeah, for looks, you pretty much had to already be a fan of the characters and the series to have bought MI1...too much competition.

The game was a weird experience: at first I liked it a lot, but I completely burned out on it in less than two weeks and haven't played it since. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

Fygee said:
Linkerdoodles found by Alba Meira on S-C.com

http://www8.plala.or.jp/ichirou/img/2005/tgs_p5.jpg
So the cartoon is going to be four episodes, and the 4th ties in to Max Impact 2? Very interesting... in spite of myself, it makes me start to look forward to it, and maybe even the game. I wonder if anyone has plans to release the OVA domestically.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
That art for that RPG chick is hot, but what THE FUCK did they do to Ryo's face?!!? :very_ang:

Kap

New Challenger
Links don't work for me. What did they do to mess Ryo's face up?

Kap

New Challenger
That doesn't look like Ryo in the slightest. They spent too much time messing around with those new (out of place looking) characters that they gave Ryo another head out of spite. =|

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Hate the hair, and he just looks like Paul Phoenix to me, which is ironic, because Paul is a clone of Ryo in the first place. bleh..

roninbuddha

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
darm.. why doe they jsut use the Buriki-One image of Ryo, if they want him to age...