New Arcade in SF... all candies, fighting games and more. Support.

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
Not sure if this had been posted, but I ran a search and could not find anything. In any case, more press is good press in this case. This is a new arcade that just opened up and is stocked with all japanese cabinets and lots of fighters. Located in downtown SF right near the stockton tunnel (on the Union Sq. side) before heading into chinatown.

Going tomorrow night with some buddies, if anyone is free come on down. More importantly, locals should really try to support this arcade so that it might stick around for a little while.

http://www.destructoid.com/elephant/photo-m.phtml?photo_key=178626&post_key=200110#prevnext
http://www.southtownarcade.com/

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
oh FUCK YES... how did I not hear about this yet? I'll try to meet you down there tomorrow night...

Current Game Lineup:
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike
Vampire Savior
Tiger Road
Magical Drop 3
Windjammers
SNK vs Capcom: SVC Chaos
Metal Slug
The King of Fighters ’98: Ultimate Match HERO
Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core
Capcom vs SNK: Millenium Fight 2000
Street Fighter II’: Hyper Fighting
Capcom vs SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001 (down for the count, sadly… GD-ROM drive exploded! Will be back ASAP!)

All cabinets are Japanese-style sit-down cabinets with Sanwa or Seimitsu push buttons and levers (joysticks). All games are twenty-five cents!

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
Awesome Chris! Im not sure how I didn't hear about it either until my buddy turned my ear to it... never the less, super stoked and really want to support this spot.

I think we are aiming to get down there around 6 or 7. I tore my ACL this past weekend so am not working this week so I will for sure be there.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Ugh. still at work... I might check this out over the weekend though.

Professor Plum

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I just went a couple days ago. It was pretty cool. Nice to see ANY kind of arcade opening instead of closing but especially this one because it is all candy cabs. It was really cool. They had a nice assortment of cabinets and games from SF2 to SFIV. Also a neo geo cab and Ikaruga going too.

arcadesf.jpg

NOAH

New Challenger
Just checked this out yesterday, business appears to be pickin' up and it's nice to see a competitive atmosphere again. The location is awesome too, parking garage right across the street with a convenience store two doors down and restaurants all around. Here's the current setup with more cabs to come in the future:

-Namco Noir type: King of Fighters XIII
-Namco Cyberlead (x2): Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
-Namco Cyberlead: Tetris The Grandmaster 3
-Namco Cyberlead: Capcom vs. SNK 2
-New Astro City: Street Fighter III: Third Strike
-New Astro City: Vampire Savior
-Jaleco Pony Mark IV: Ikaruga
-Neo Candy 25: Magical Drop 3, Metal Slug, Windjammers, and Garou Mark of the Wolves
-Namco Exceleena 2: Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting
-Irem Madonna: Tiger Road
-Sega Blast City: Empty at the moment

Check it out. The more support it gets the bigger and better selection it'll have.

Last edited:

Curt

apostate
I'm going to whup every last one of you guys.

Haven't stopped by, but looking forward to it.

NOAH

New Challenger
Ah, nerds. :crying: It's funny to think about an arcade with that many fighting games in it and everybody's playing against an AI instead of a real person.

When I went there I couldn't get on a cab without playing someone, except for the cab with Tiger Road in it and SFII HF. It was pretty busy in there.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
I'm going to whup every last one of you guys.

Haven't stopped by, but looking forward to it.

I'm going to try to go tonight w/ Seth. You should try to make it if you can. Would be nice to meet for SF neos.