Netflix show House of cards

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
finished season 3. agree with everyone above.

the show is about Frank and his quest for absolute power and the presidency. Once he got that at the end of S2, i feel like the show has lost its way

Spoiler:
for me i thought the season started strong but the turning point in the show was that pathetic Jail scene where the dude hung himself with Claire's scarf while he was asleep (lol) 6.5/10 for S3.

but stamper accounts for like 4.5 of that 6.5 rating, right?

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
agreed doug carried the entire show this season... i just hated robin the whole season... it just seemed like after making it to the white house she has found no place where she fits... (apparently she's not good at either a first lady or an ambassador) and everything she does is fucking frank over....

can't wait for next season...

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
season 3 is definitely the weakest of the 3.

Hopefully they come up with something way better for season 4

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
frank is evil, essentially, & his ascension to the presidency, criminal. "just shy of treason"

It will be fun watching it all come crumbling down

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I just binge watched all three seasons last week...fantastic. Can't wait for season 4.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Finished season 3 last week, and enjoyed it quite a bit. It wasn't perfect but it worked for me, I felt it was on par with the other seasons. I do have a question I hope you guys who have watched season 3 can help with:

Spoiler:
I got confused about Doug looking for Rachel. Why was he crying and so sad when he thought she was dead, if he was just going to kill her anyway?

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Yep his personal feelings crossing duty. I felt Doug got a touch too much airtime this season but i enjoy his character none the less

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Finished season 3 last week, and enjoyed it quite a bit. It wasn't perfect but it worked for me, I felt it was on par with the other seasons. I do have a question I hope you guys who have watched season 3 can help with:

Spoiler:
I got confused about Doug looking for Rachel. Why was he crying and so sad when he thought she was dead, if he was just going to kill her anyway?

Spoiler:
Because he loves Frank more than he loved Rachel. Actually he loves Frank more than himself. Do you remember that scene with the letter? How much money he could have gotten for it?

cdamn is right, his story was the only interesting thing going on in the season 3.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Agree with pretty much everything, figured Claire would leave. Stamper has been and is still my favorite character, what a boss way to do that last scene with Rachel eh? I started watching S1 with a friend who hasn't seen any and it's so much different style wise from S3. I kinda miss the texting overlays and seeing honest reactions from the character's faces. But don't miss all the blatant advertising, sans OMG PLAY INDIE GAMES there wasn't too much in S3.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
"Is that a PS Vita?" I'm still laughing at this one :lolz:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Loved Doug's character for sure, but I got the vibe he genuinely cared for and loved Rachel, and even after she left him for dead, and the fact the she could undo everything, I was still surprised it went the way it did. The way Doug watched the traffic cam seemed to me like someone who couldn't let go of an ex-girlfriend, not killer stalker type.

then again, I can be be pretty dense, and probably just couldn't read all the clues :lolz:

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I agree. Season 3 was definitely the weakest of the three, but I'm along for the ride when season 4 comes out. Predictions?

I hope there's more violence and nastiness like there was in season 2.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Search String... House Of Cards 1080 web....

3 days viewing...

...waits Season 5...

xROTx

PS. YEAH:D

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
Wow...

And as predicted, I got nothing done last night or today. Which is ok... :)

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I've just finished watching the last episode.

Well, I'm not sure I like how close to reality they're getting sometimes (LOL @ the ICO terrorists) but I sure enjoyed this season more than season 3.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I've just finished watching the last episode.

Well, I'm not sure I like how close to reality they're getting sometimes (LOL @ the ICO terrorists) but I sure enjoyed this season more than season 3.

Seriously. I just finished the last ep a minute ago...damn, that last scene was powerful, especially with Spacy's last line. Now for another year of waiting...

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Seriously. I just finished the last ep a minute ago...damn, that last scene was powerful, especially with Spacy's last line. Now for another year of waiting...

What makes the last scene so epic is that we finally see Claire's dark side in all its glory.

Claire and Frank really are made for each other after all

Last edited: