NES Battletoads

Tora Kouhi

Rugal's Secretary
I beat the game. A couple friends of mine uploaded an FAQ to me that they made. Contact me via PM if you want it.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Agreed. It's been a good decade or so since I've played it, but I recall this game being BALLS HARD! - Especially that speeder bike section.. Yikes!

Ever play Double Dragon vs Battletoads, SNES Battletoads, or arcade battletoads? DD Vs. Battletoads was alot of fun.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Speeder bike section is child's play compared to later on in the game. In fact, I even have that warp timed. It's the 10th pillar of the end section, and you warp right past that damned hard ice level.

I got to the end level ONCE. I never cheat, and I have yet to beat this. Hell, I picked it back up the other day. The key to doing well is rack up as many free lives in the crater stage as you can (after you get the beak sword thingy, keep hitting bird corpses to get more and more points, until the 1UP appears).

I can get about 10 guys on this level, and you'll need 'em all.

Spike

Wing Nut

Mr. Big's Thug
I used to have that Double Dragon & Battletoads game, but I don't know what happened to it. It was pretty bad ass as well, but didn't get as much play as the original Battletoads. They need to make a Game Cube version.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Originally posted by GregN.:
<strong>

Ever play Double Dragon vs Battletoads, SNES Battletoads, or arcade battletoads? DD Vs. Battletoads was alot of fun.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Dude, do we like all the same games or what!?

Arcade Battletoads is amazing. Top notch graphics. Funny, inovative gameplay. It's probably the best beat em up I've played in an arcade.

DD vs. Battletoads is kickass too. If I remember right, level 4 was pretty cheap.

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
I could make it to the boss of the vertically-scrolling up stage, I think it was the last level of Map "C". Never before has a game pissed me off so much.

JLukas

The SNES version is a pretty good game..but nowhere near as long or difficult as the NES version. I was able to master it without much difficulty (can go through the entire game and lose 2 lives max) But no #$%^ way I could do that with the NES version. I think the farthest I got in the NES one was the final stage, the giant tower thing....but its way too tough.

Super Ghouls and Ghosts is a quite challenging SNES cart.