NEOSD PRO - The New Terranonion Neo Geo Product March 2018.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I get the odd garbled graphics here and there on the new NeoSD Pro AES, but these go away with a reset or power cycle. I never had such issues with my old NeoSD Pro MVS.

SieKensou

n00b
I was thinking about buying a NeoSD Pro but now I'm worried about all these problems that are mentioned...
What has Terraonion said about it? Or has no one contacted them to find out the reason for these problems and incompatibilities?

Babook

n00b
I was thinking about buying a NeoSD Pro but now I'm worried about all these problems that are mentioned...
What has Terraonion said about it? Or has no one contacted them to find out the reason for these problems and incompatibilities?
It's chaos on their discord.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I get the odd garbled graphics here and there on the new NeoSD Pro AES, but these go away with a reset or power cycle. I never had such issues with my old NeoSD Pro MVS.
That's normal on my old batch NeoSD Pro AES. The menu is often a mess, and the game is glitchy. Just reset once and you're good. I think a new power supply helps somewhat.

They said update the firmware and buy the right SD card.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Ask SAG if they're testing the new MVS Pro carts with King of Fighters 2000 and 2003 since those games seem to have the most problems with the current AES Pro. The TO Discord is filling up with messages like these:

1715122687887.png

EDIT: Apparently the last batch of MVS carts is having problems too.

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 5.01.05 PM.png

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I think SAG's return policy will allow you to still return it after you receive it if you're still having problems. It may be worth taking the chance.

I just hate to give up on the NeoSD as a product. The two I have work very well overall and have been indispensable.

SC-ULTRA

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Its done. They were extremely nice about it. They also had zero to say about those discord screenshots. As you said lucky you got in on an early batch I guess. I thought the link system was a one up on the darksoft but you informed me that was reported not working. CD support has died. Just seems like a lot of half baked features that will never be finished.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Its done. They were extremely nice about it. They also had zero to say about those discord screenshots. As you said lucky you got in on an early batch I guess. I thought the link system was a one up on the darksoft but you informed me that was reported not working. CD support has died. Just seems like a lot of half baked features that will never be finished.
The CD and link cable support would be nice to have, but the core support for loading Neo Geo roms is spot on, so it's a shame you're missing out on it.

TimKunming

New Challenger
20 Year Member
I switched to a Kingston SD card and things appear to have improved somewhat, but still a lot of inconsistent and weird graphical glitches throughout, both in menu and in game. Going to try to get another 12v 5a power supply and see if that changes anything.

It's a nice bit of kit, really—but these issues have definitely put a damper on my enjoyment.

Fingers crossed on some improved firmware in the future.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I switched to a Kingston SD card and things appear to have improved somewhat, but still a lot of inconsistent and weird graphical glitches throughout, both in menu and in game. Going to try to get another 12v 5a power supply and see if that changes anything.

It's a nice bit of kit, really—but these issues have definitely put a damper on my enjoyment.

Fingers crossed on some improved firmware in the future.
If the power supply and resetting don't help, you really should return it. You shouldn't have to settle for a partially functioning product at the price these go for. Let's return all of them and get TO to fix the problem.

Lamprey

n00b
My NeoSd Pro is supposed to arrive on Monday. Kinda excited and aperhensive at the same time.

I've read some stuff about the, possible, senesitivity of how far the cartrige is inserted. Is there a thread about that or more info on spacers or filing the shell (or whatever the fix was)?

Cheers!

city41

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
've read some stuff about the, possible, senesitivity of how far the cartrige is inserted. Is there a thread about that or more info on spacers or filing the shell (or whatever the fix was)?

If you plan to just load up an SD card and then just use the NeoSD as your only source of neo games, then it just needs to be inserted correctly once and then just never/rarely take it out.

I think I'm the main person who has complained about this and to be fair, it might be my system. I don't remember having this issue with real carts, but I use the NeoSD 99.99% of the time so who knows, maybe real carts would exhibit the problem too.

deviljin102

Zero's Secretary
10 Year Member
With the ongoing issues, seems like TO has a mess on its hands. Perfect time for Darksoft to move from limited to more widespread right now. At the time I notice DS's carts are sold out for the fall batch.

Lamprey

n00b
If you plan to just load up an SD card and then just use the NeoSD as your only source of neo games, then it just needs to be inserted correctly once and then just never/rarely take it out.
Sound good. That's, basially, my plan. Once the cart goes in, it'll pretty much stay there. I'll keep my fingers crossed! :LOL:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
When the AES Pro sold its second batch, the cartridge spacer was wrong. Folks were firmly inserting the cart and getting nothing. Then we had to disassemble the carts to use them and request a 3D printed spacer to fix the issue. I still have mine. Seems like that same issue is partly back now.

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
I ended up canceling my NeoSD preorder a bit ago because of the issues I was hearing

Same, basically, except it was long before release and I kept seeing guys posting in forums (including here iirc) about how their TO device was bricked and they were getting zero support from them, like not even a reply. Just bad business practices. That chain of custody thing for updating their products is also bullshit.

goobing MVS kits > Terraonion flash carts

Lamprey

n00b
I'm happy to report that my new NeoSd Pro seems to be working just fine. I kind of wish there was a shell available that was shorter. Since the Neo SD PCB is shorter it doesn't need to stick out so far, but maybe that's part of the Neo Geo charm. 🙂

I haven't seen any graphical glitches in my small amount of testing. Are there any game in particualar that are good to test with that are more prone to graphcal glitches?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Why do you want it shorter? It's the same size as a regular cart.

I haven't seen any graphical glitches in my small amount of testing. Are there any game in particualar that are good to test with that are more prone to graphcal glitches?
Earlier in the thread, @ShootTheCore mentioned King of Fighters 2000 and 2003.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I'm happy to report that my new NeoSd Pro seems to be working just fine. I kind of wish there was a shell available that was shorter. Since the Neo SD PCB is shorter it doesn't need to stick out so far, but maybe that's part of the Neo Geo charm. 🙂

Try King of Fighters 2000 and 2003 in the RAM slot.

Lamprey

n00b
Why do you want it shorter? It's the same size as a regular cart.
My space is pretty tight as I have 15 (or so) consoles hooked to my CRT (via switches). So, having a shorter cartridge would save me some space in my "stack". Not a huge deal, I'd just would like a more compact option. Heck, if my 3D modeling skills were worth a shit, I'd model one up and print it myself. But, alas they are not.

I'll check KOF 2000 and 2003.