NEOSD MVS Support thread !

neosd

Neosd Developer
I have attached a new video to show the voltage being tested while the 6-slot is on and working, looks to be at 4.98vdc.

Arcade Mode: Yes

MCU Version: 1.05 R05
68K Version 1.03
PROG Version: 1D2F
CHA Version: BDC4

I am emailing you my serial at your yahoo.es account.

Hello,

We don´t have a yahoo.es account ...

Our email is contact@neosdstore....

Thanks

neodev

Neosd Tech
I have attached a new video to show the voltage being tested while the 6-slot is on and working, looks to be at 4.98vdc.

Arcade Mode: Yes

MCU Version: 1.05 R05
68K Version 1.03
PROG Version: 1D2F
CHA Version: BDC4

I am emailing you my serial at your yahoo.es account.

Hello

Did you try the arcade mode thing? before sending a new firmware we'd need to know if it works fine with arcade mode and with the SD card removed, to pinpoint the exact issue.

glitch77

New Challenger
Yes, I have tried Arcade mode both ways. Sometimes, if I turn off Arcade, then back on, I can get WindJammers to play for a minute or so, then it resets and starts the 100 Mega Shock loop again.

neodev

Neosd Tech
Yes, I have tried Arcade mode both ways. Sometimes, if I turn off Arcade, then back on, I can get WindJammers to play for a minute or so, then it resets and starts the 100 Mega Shock loop again.

with the SD card removed, right?

neodev

Neosd Tech
Do you mean the NeoSD itself, or the MicroSD card that contains the files?

the microSD card. When you enable arcade mode and remove de microSD card, it will disable the menu trigger, and I think that's what could be causing issues.

glitch77

New Challenger
I just flashed 3 Count Bout, powered down the system, removed the MicroSD card, and powered the system back up.

It plays perfectly! I am letting the attract mode run now, but no more resets or errors!

neodev

Neosd Tech
I just flashed 3 Count Bout, powered down the system, removed the MicroSD card, and powered the system back up.

It plays perfectly! I am letting the attract mode run now, but no more resets or errors!

Ok, then we know the cause :), give us a bit of time to fix and test it. Meantime, there is a way you can use to enter the menu, that is not that intrusive. Go to Options, and in In-Game trigger, set it to "None", that way you can only enter the neosd menu by holding P1 START while the MVS boots, I know it's hard if you have more than 1 game in the multislot, as you must be holding start and switching games until the bios first selects the slot containing the NeoSD, but that way you can switch games without having to remove the cart & microsd while we fix that issue. In case you were unable to enter the menu in that mode, just plug the microSD in a PC and delete the file named LastGame.cfg, that way NeoSD will directly boot to the menu and you can revert the options to working ones.

glitch77

New Challenger
Ok, then we know the cause :), give us a bit of time to fix and test it. Meantime, there is a way you can use to enter the menu, that is not that intrusive. Go to Options, and in In-Game trigger, set it to "None", that way you can only enter the neosd menu by holding P1 START while the MVS boots, I know it's hard if you have more than 1 game in the multislot, as you must be holding start and switching games until the bios first selects the slot containing the NeoSD, but that way you can switch games without having to remove the cart & microsd while we fix that issue. In case you were unable to enter the menu in that mode, just plug the microSD in a PC and delete the file named LastGame.cfg, that way NeoSD will directly boot to the menu and you can revert the options to working ones.

Thanks for the hard work! I will do that until a fix is in place!

manic23

n00b
So here's something that I was not expecting to have trouble with! I'm having a bit of bother getting the NeoSD MVS in the shell. I mean I can get it in but when I look it's not straight, it on the slant, I have taken a pic so you can see what I mean.

I think it might be to do with the notches at the bottom, I am not sure where to slot the cross piece, again I have taken a pic. I have made sure that the cross piece is in the same bit (between notch and on top of notch) on both sides.

Please can you advise?

NeoSD MVS On The Piss!.jpg

NeoSD MVS Bottom Left.jpg

Last edited:

amurphy245

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hi im unable to access the downloads section of your website ,it just says "invalid credentials" any ideas?

Neoculture

n00b
I recently received my Neosd MVS, and I'm extremely pleased with it.
Thank you very much for a fantastic product.

neosd

Neosd Developer
glitch77,

You got a firmware update for your 6 slot issue (by email), please let us know the results.

To the others with open issues : we are working on everyones issues, please, be patient.

Thanks

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
glitch77,

You got a firmware update for your 6 slot issue (by email), please let us know the results.

To the others with open issues : we are working on everyones issues, please, be patient.

Thanks
Keep up the great work! I've seen how hard you guys have been working this last few weeks! =D

glitch77

New Challenger
glitch77,

Thanks

Doing it now, although instead of seeing a blue or white screen, I am getting the crosshatch test pattern, is this normal during this forced update procedure?

EDIT: I think something went wrong... The cart doesn't seem to boot any longer. I just get the crosshatch test screen on boot now. :(

Last edited:

neodev

Neosd Tech
Doing it now, although instead of seeing a blue or white screen, I am getting the crosshatch test pattern, is this normal during this forced update procedure?

EDIT: I think something went wrong... The cart doesn't seem to boot any longer. I just get the crosshatch test screen on boot now. :(

Yes, crosshatch during update is normal on mvs. Please, try the update process again (delete all .upd files from the sd card first, then copy the file we sent). If it still doesn't work, we'll send you the original firmware while we investigate further.

Also, I know you already know as it was working before, but ensure the cart is plugged the right way, as there is no visual indication on how it plugs in multislot. The triangle on the mvs pcb must be in the side of the cart without sticker.

Last edited:

glitch77

New Challenger
Yes, crosshatch during update is normal on mvs. Please, try the update process again (delete all .upd files from the sd card first, then copy the file we sent). If it still doesn't work, we'll send you the original firmware while we investigate further.

Also, I know you already know as it was working before, but ensure the cart is plugged the right way, as there is no visual indication on how it plugs in multislot. The triangle on the mvs pcb must be in the side of the cart without sticker.

Update!

Here are the steps I took, and now the NeoSD is working perfectly (so far!)!

1. Boot MVS with NeoSD and SDcard inserted with update file.
2. Wait 3 minutes.
3. Power off system, remove SD card.
4. Delete update file from SD card.
5. Insert SD card into NeoSD.
6. Power on MVS.

I am thinking that the update file on the SD card was triggering an update every time I turned on the MVS. Is there a way for the NeoSD to delete/rename the update file so it wont trigger each time? Or is it a bug?

Either way, the NeoSD is now working great! I can enter the menu when I want, re-flash games when I want, and no random reboots!

Thanks again NeoSD Team, you guys have made my day!

neodev

Neosd Tech
Update!

Here are the steps I took, and now the NeoSD is working perfectly (so far!)!

1. Boot MVS with NeoSD and SDcard inserted with update file.
2. Wait 3 minutes.
3. Power off system, remove SD card.
4. Delete update file from SD card.
5. Insert SD card into NeoSD.
6. Power on MVS.

I am thinking that the update file on the SD card was triggering an update every time I turned on the MVS. Is there a way for the NeoSD to delete/rename the update file so it wont trigger each time? Or is it a bug?

Either way, the NeoSD is now working great! I can enter the menu when I want, re-flash games when I want, and no random reboots!

Thanks again NeoSD Team, you guys have made my day!

phew, glad to know it worked fine! :)
fortunately the forced firmware can be reapplied over if failed.

We'll investigate this issue with the update you experienced. Maybe it's something like you say, it was in an update loop, maybe because the multislot boards don't reset itself when finishing. That's easy to see by looking at the led in the neosd board, but with the plastic case it can't be seen unfortunately. When finishing, the update should be renamed to xxx_update.upd so it doesn't trigger again, but maybe it failed to rename it properly.

Anyways, we are really happy you can fully enjoy your NeoSD :)

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Big thanks for the infinite tests on the last 5 days.
No worries! Glad I could help =D I know a lot of work goes into these firmware updates!

phew, glad to know it worked fine! :)
fortunately the forced firmware can be reapplied over if failed.

We'll investigate this issue with the update you experienced. Maybe it's something like you say, it was in an update loop, maybe because the multislot boards don't reset itself when finishing. That's easy to see by looking at the led in the neosd board, but with the plastic case it can't be seen unfortunately. When finishing, the update should be renamed to xxx_update.upd so it doesn't trigger again, but maybe it failed to rename it properly.

Anyways, we are really happy you can fully enjoy your NeoSD :)
Great work! I knew you would sort it!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
This is why I love our community here... People help each other out if possible...

Neodev and Neosd have been working balls hard to get this thing as good as they can... and with help from people like Razoola, GadgetUK... and countless others... we get a better product...

I'd like to thank the people who contribute and help out here...

xROTx

PS. Yes yes... I know I can sometimes come across as a complete ass... but hell... it's the way I am...