NeoGeo2k2-Thanks for the goods

bamarquez226

Crossed Swords Squire
To NeoGeo2k2:

Okay, if you are reading this as a user not logged on, better check your email man, I getting kinda pissed off at the fact that I have not received any tracking information, or even the package for the item I purchased. Contact me ASAP.

If anyone knows this guy, get a hold of him please, and have him resolve this as soon as possible. Thanks.

UPDATE: I received my stuff today, very well packed, and the whole situation is resolved:glee:

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
What did you buy from him ? I bought some games and he gave me a tracking number but the status is still "Billing Information Received" since the 31 of May, does anybody knows what that means ?

BTW, no need to be rude yet, he probaly had some hard working days, he has 80 positive feedbacks here.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Coryoon said:
What did you buy from him ? I bought some games and he gave me a tracking number but the status is still "Billing Information Received" since the 31 of May, does anybody knows what that means ?

BTW, no need to be rude yet, he probaly had some hard working days, he has 80 positive feedbacks here.

The information received just means that they have contacted the shipper (who ever will be delivering the package) regarding a pick up. It doesn't mean that the package has been shipped yet. There will usually be a little note some where on the page that states this.

If he went through Fed Ex or UPS it would update to shipped after a day at the longest. If he went through USPS (delivery confirmation) it may not show anything until delivered.

bamarquez226

Crossed Swords Squire
Hey guys, I've been trying to get a hold of him since May 31st. I'm patient guy. But when its been a week and not a single peep, and sending emails every other day, I don't really care if he has 80 positive feedback remarks, I want to know WTF is going on.

I've begun the claim process through Paypal. I'm not trying to be an asshole, but I would like some answers.

I don't know if the moderators have access to post history prior to edits, but I "thought" I got my hands on a complete MvC2 setup. Its a lot of money on line, and I would really like some answers.

Last edited:

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
It might help if someone posted a link to the sales thread and or listed what they purchased and when.

There have been deals in the past where something happened to a member that caused a delay. So, I don't know that I would go into panic mode yet but you may want a record of what the transaction was.

bamarquez226

Crossed Swords Squire
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165823

Originally he had Sega Naomi Setup with Capcom I/O and MvC2 cart for sale. I contacted him, we got a deal struck, and I paid him. In his emails he said would send a tracking number. That was May 31st. I haven't heard a thing. It was supposed to be for my coworker for his supergun.

I'm not really panicking, its just disconcerting when there is a lack of communication in a high price purchase, and you have not heard from the seller for a while. I'm sure it would make some people nervous.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Ok, then we are on the same boat, didn't get the package yet. I bought 4 PS2 games (DoDonpachi, Mushihimesama Limited Box, Ibara and Espgaluda). His sale thread has been updated and he removed the pics of these games but I still have the photos in my hard drive. Don't know exactly how a Paypal claims works but anyway, doeas anybody has his personnal information, including the adress ? Thx

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
It looks like he is on right now, have you all tried PMing him again to draw his attention to the problem?

bamarquez226

Crossed Swords Squire
Gameoz said:
It looks like he is on right now, have you all tried PMing him again to draw his attention to the problem?

Yeah, all my attempts to reach him have succeeded. I'm having him ship everything via UPS. I would like for this deal to go through. :glee:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
As a seller myself, I don't need to be PMed to know what I have to do. If somebody have sent money to me for something, then I send the item as fast as possible, no need to be PMed about it, that's just the way it must be. If I don't have time to send anything then I don't make any selling thread, that's all about it.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Gameoz said:
The information received just means that they have contacted the shipper (who ever will be delivering the package) regarding a pick up. It doesn't mean that the package has been shipped yet. There will usually be a little note some where on the page that states this.

If he went through Fed Ex or UPS it would update to shipped after a day at the longest. If he went through USPS (delivery confirmation) it may not show anything until delivered.

That was with UPS, I paid a lot to get the package fast (arround 30$) but it's terribly slow. Neogeo2k2 has Pmed me about this, it seems that the UPS site isn't up to date here in Canada... o_O

Anyways, that's really weird because I bougth a game from Monkey Attack! (awesome seller) and he sent the game on the 1th of June with UPS and I got it today... and the status was always updated on the site...

Lochlan

Igniz's Servent
Coryoon said:
That was with UPS, I paid a lot to get the package fast (arround 30$) but it's terribly slow. Neogeo2k2 has Pmed me about this, it seems that the UPS site isn't up to date here in Canada... o_O

Anyways, that's really weird because I bougth a game from Monkey Attack! (awesome seller) and he sent the game on the 1th of June with UPS and I got it today... and the status was always updated on the site...

I don't know the particulars of your situation, but I assume that by "fast" you mean "Next Day Air" service, or at least some transport via Air (e.g. 2-day). I used to work part time handling air packages so maybe I can give you further insight.

At UPS, when the package is loaded into the truck or air container, it is scanned by the person who loads it.

If you send something via UPS ground, you will be lucky if every hub the package is passed through will scan the package, simply because UPS makes all their money in air volume -- UPS ground pricing is near cost -- so they don't really care about ground packages as much. (as an aside, don't ever ever send anything even remotely delicate via UPS ground) I personally have had a few UPS ground packages delivered to me that were NEVER scanned during transport, only scanned when the package was initially received and when it was finally delivered.

UPS Air is a little different. The people who load the packages into the air containers are extremely careful about handling every package that passes through their hands, mainly due to the high regulation of air cargo: one small mistake could potentially cost the company thousands of dollars. Furthermore, with certain service levels (such as 1-day) there is a guaranteed level of service, and if it doesn't make it there in time then the shipping is free (you'll get reimbursed or, more likely, get a free next-day shipping) Thus, air packages are carefully examined by every person who touches it, and it is very rare for a package to not get scanned.

When a package is scanned the tracking number is uploaded to the building's server. About a year or so ago, UPS fired almost all of their IT people, so if there is a problem with any hardware involved in the tracking process, it can take up to 1-2 weeks to fix. Yet, if you are sending the package using any method where the package spends SOME time in an airplane, it's unlikely that there would have been no tracking at all. Even if one hub is having problems with their servers or whatever, chances are slim to none that this is the case across the board.

Not saying that you're getting the runaround necessarily, but if you send something via UPS and it goes in an airplane, I can almost guarantee it will be tracked carefully.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Thank you very much for the infos.

Check this out, after 6 days the UPS status has been updated:

Tracking Detail | Help help

Your package is in the UPS system and has a rescheduled delivery date of 06/13/2007.

Tracking Number: ==================
Type: Package
Rescheduled Delivery: 06/13/2007
Shipped to: MONTREAL, QC, CA
Shipped or Billed on: 05/31/2007
Service Type: STANDARD
Weight: 2.90 Lbs

Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
LOS ANGELES,
CA, US 06/06/2007 1:35 A.M. EXPORT SCAN
US 05/31/2007 8:10 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 06/06/2007 6:57 A.M. EST (USA)

Is it possible for a "EMS" package to take that long ? It's rescheduled for the 13 of June.... it's ridiculous.

Lochlan

Igniz's Servent
Coryoon said:
Service Type: STANDARD

Standard means ground. You did not get any type of expedited shipping at all, you got the slowest method possible, which is ground. No guaranteed service level, don't be surprised if it gets there after the 13th. If you paid $30 because you thought you were going to get faster shipping, you got shafted.

Since it's being shipped internationally though, it will FOR SURE get scanned when it goes across the border because of customs regulations, so keep checking for updates.

Coryoon said:
Is it possible for a "EMS" package to take that long ? It's rescheduled for the 13 of June.... it's ridiculous.

"EMS"??? If you mean the international shipping company, they are a completely separate entity to UPS as far as I know.

EDIT: now that I think about it, the scan before it goes across the border is probably this:
CA, US 06/06/2007 1:35 A.M. EXPORT SCAN
If so, then you won't see any other movement until it leaves the US.

Last edited:

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Export scan...

Sounds like it was held up in customs for some reason. Hard to say why... government red tape knows no bounds.

RJ

bamarquez226

Crossed Swords Squire
Lochlan said:
"EMS"??? If you mean the international shipping company, they are a completely separate entity to UPS as far as I know.

EMS - Typically the equivalent of Express Mail Service, moves hecka lot faster than Airmail. When I order parts for models from Japan, I usually have everything delievered via EMS. It seems to clear customs faster that way.

I'll agree with channelmaniac in that the package may be held up in customs. I've had stuff held up for an extra week because of that. Who knows the reasons why it happens that way.

As for an update on my end, NG2k2 provided me with a UPS tracking number, so we'll see when the package arrives. :buttrock:

datalogik

Zero's Tailor,
They're both in California, regardless of shipping method delivery should take 2 to 3 days.

My goods arrived from Vic.

Hey Guys,

I bought 3 of Vics Blu Rays from the same thread.
He said that he's moving into a new apt. so that may have delayed his shipping.
I've done many a deal with him over the years, and he's always pulled thru.
My Movies arrived yesterday, and as with my dealings with him.
They were pristine and well packaged.

He's probably been just really busy.

Highlander67

Sultan of Slugs
I've done a few deals as well with NeoGeo2K2 without an issue. Shipping to and from Canada can be a real pain in the a**. Ground shipping from my experience can can up to 2-4 weeks assuming there is no hassle at the border which has been known to happen.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Thanks a bunch guys, the status of the package has been updated again and it seems to be a problem with UPS, will see on the 8 of June (the new delivery date).

As for the shipping price, I didn't get screwered, neogeo2k2 paid 33 bucks for that standard UPS ground shit which is about the same price as EMS and more expensive that Express Mail Internationnal (USPS). That was not the best shipping method at all but I'm sure that neogo2k2 will never use it again.

BTW, does anyone knows if UPS will issue a refund because of a delay ?

Lochlan

Igniz's Servent
Coryoon said:

No.

Not unless the shipping method has a "guaranteed service level" (a la next-day air). Ground is not guaranteed at all.

UPS ground sucks. And not only that, they have the newest and least experienced people handling ground packages.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Coryoon said:
Thanks a bunch guys, the status of the package has been updated again and it seems to be a problem with UPS, will see on the 8 of June (the new delivery date).

As for the shipping price, I didn't get screwered, neogeo2k2 paid 33 bucks for that standard UPS ground shit which is about the same price as EMS and more expensive that Express Mail Internationnal (USPS). That was not the best shipping method at all but I'm sure that neogo2k2 will never use it again.

Unless you are inquiring for a company, personal items never get resolved. I've been waiting 2 years for a $40 refund.

Highlander67

Sultan of Slugs
Lochlan said:
No.

Not unless the shipping method has a "guaranteed service level" (a la next-day air). Ground is not guaranteed at all.

UPS ground sucks. And not only that, they have the newest and least experienced people handling ground packages.

Overnight/Next-Day shipments are not guaranteed either. This is more evident if you are shipping across borders such as Canada to the US and so forth. Fedex & UPS have wording on thier websites that only state that shipment times are estimated, not guaranteed.

Lochlan

Igniz's Servent
Highlander67 said:
Overnight/Next-Day shipments are not guaranteed either. This is more evident if you are shipping across borders such as Canada to the US and so forth. Fedex & UPS have wording on thier websites that only state that shipment times are estimated, not guaranteed.

Trust me.

I have personally given free shipping to people who didn't have their overnight packages get to where they were going overnight.

When most people pay as much as it costs for next-day shipping, they get pretty damn pissed when it doesn't get there on time. I know this from personal experience. Since, as I mentioned, all the profit in UPS' business model comes from next-day and such, they make sure their customers are happy.

You are right that UPS/Fed-Ex can't guarantee the TIME of the delivery for international packages. That is why UPS does not offer the "early AM" next-day service level for international shipments.