Neogeo retro shops at philadelphia usa?

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
I will soon go there for a business trip so I was wondering if anyone knows of any neo geo shops to suggest for my *sightseeing* time? Thanks :eye:

blotter12

Kabuki Klasher
Not sure about in the city proper. I moved out of the area a few years ago and all of my usual haunts have long since closed up.

Will you have a car? There is a store, Game Junkie in the suburbs. http://classicgamejunkie.com/

There's also Jay St. Games in the King of Prussia & Plymouth Meeting Malls. https://www.jaystvideogames.com/Locations/ - warning: This place tends to be expensive for NES & PCE games.

Call these places ahead of time... I haven't been there so I don't know what their selection is like... and if you do go, let me know how they are :)

Also, the Too Many Games expo is coming up, if you are there at the end of June: http://toomanygames.com/

You need any other suggestions on what to do? I would definitely suggest Barcade if you want to grab a pint and play some arcades games. All their stuff is pre-Neo-Geo though.

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
So I found some free time and I went to the Game Junkie. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the shop has many rare and interesting findings (i.e. 'ancient' ufo consoles) but it is expensive and the neo geo collection was very limited. It consisted of only 5 AES and 2 MVS carts at that time with the rarest being an aero fighters 2 (or was it alpha mission 2? damn i can't remember) for the AES (price was 120 dollars). After negotiations I bought a US NAM-1975 for my AES (to bring back a true USA souvenir ;] ) for 50 bucks (guy was asking for 60) with no manual inside, the box corners are really screwed and the black marker on the front has produced a massive broccoli. Anyway, it was still expensive but OK for the UK standards. My main concern was whether or not it would work (as the guy there didnt have an aes to test it) but fortunately the game is fine. If I had more money on me I would buy a sexy refurbished turbo express nec that was sleeping there for 170 bucks.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
So I found some free time and I went to the Game Junkie. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the shop has many rare and interesting findings (i.e. 'ancient' ufo consoles) but it is expensive and the neo geo collection was very limited. It consisted of only 5 AES and 2 MVS carts at that time with the rarest being an aero fighters 2 (or was it alpha mission 2? damn i can't remember) for the AES (price was 120 dollars). After negotiations I bought a US NAM-1975 for my AES (to bring back a true USA souvenir ;] ) for 50 bucks (guy was asking for 60) with no manual inside, the box corners are really screwed and the black marker on the front has produced a massive broccoli. Anyway, it was still expensive but OK for the UK standards. My main concern was whether or not it would work (as the guy there didnt have an aes to test it) but fortunately the game is fine. If I had more money on me I would buy a sexy refurbished turbo express nec that was sleeping there for 170 bucks.

you are in philly already ? for how long? there is a huge convention this weekend.