NeoGeo Pad USB

just_nega

n00b
NeoGeo Pad USB

The year 2010 marks the 20th Anniversary of the Neo Geo console. Even though the Neo Geo is an orphan nowadays, it nevertheless lives on in the hearts of staunch adherents across the globe and a steady stream of Playstation 2 re-release compilations and hardware rehashes. The next hardware rehash is a new version of the Neo Geo Pad which was originally packaged with the Neo Geo CD console with a clicky directional pad and soft-touch buttons. The upcoming Neo Geo Pad is a digital controller which is compatible with the Playstation 3 as well as Windows PCs.

Preorders are welcome for the Neo Geo Pad USB which is scheduled to ship on October 28, 2010. Pricing is set at JPY2980 or US$39.90 from NCS. Additional information and/or photographs will be posted once further details are released by the manufacturer Exar.

Preorders for the PS3 import NeoGeo Pad USB are welcome to ship on Decemeber 9, 2010 (delayed from October 28)

i found this at

http://www.shopncsx.com/neogeopadusb.aspx

u must check it :multi_co:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I really really dislike the Neogeo gamepad. Does anyone remember it fondly? I remember cleaning it every week til I gave up on it, cleaned it one last time before I sent it off with my old supergun.

Why would they revive such a horrible design, ugh

aria

Former Moderator
Didn't someone post about this last week?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I really really dislike the Neogeo gamepad. Does anyone remember it fondly?

There are certain games I like playing with the pad more than the stick, such as Neo Drift Out and Puzzle Bobble. I can't stand to use it with fighters, although it is better than most pads for them.

I'd still rather have a Neo modded Saturn pad though.

valgalder

Kula's Candy
I really really dislike the Neogeo gamepad. Does anyone remember it fondly? I remember cleaning it every week til I gave up on it, cleaned it one last time before I sent it off with my old supergun.

I always loved the pads- and never had problems with them breaking. D-pad works super awesome for games like WindJammers - much better than a standard arcade stick IMO. Not the best for fighters, but does a respectable job.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member

The thing about the NGCD controll pad design in generall is that it's a mixed bag. Everything about it almost garaunteed it to be one of the best controllers ever but it was the primitive D-pad design that ruined averything.

The casing is almost perfect and the face buttons are more than fine. If they released a version that removed the traditional NGCD 360 stick and replaced it with the NGPC stick then you would have a controller that destroyed the highly regarded Saturn pad.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Maybe I am just lucky and my pads have held up, but both my neo geo cd pads still work perfectly...and they get plenty of use

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I happen to think the NGCD pad works pretty good for games like Pulstar, Blazing star and Last resort. But then again... I'm not too good at any of those games...

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
I happen to think the NGCD pad works pretty good for games like Pulstar, Blazing star and Last resort. But then again... I'm not too good at any of those games...

the bottom line is that the controller design needs to work well across the board with all genres. It works just fine for shooters and other games but it sucks for fighters. For a company like SNK (who is and has always been known first and foremost for it's fighting games) to have thier own controller/joysticks out and not have them excell (if not be the best in the industry) at the genre of games they are most know for is unaceptable, ESPECIALLY when they have already brought a better D-pad/joystick hybrid design to market in the form of the NGP(C) and have that to use as well.