n00b
Hi all,
Can I use this configuration?
Does it works?
Are there any problems?

Last edited:

magnus_101

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I too cannot see the logic in buying an AES machine along with an expensive converter to play MVS games but maybe the fact that multi carts are only made for MVS could be a reason.Then again a CMVS is going to be cheaper and a lot easier to find than a converter.

magnus_101

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Not that i have seen,they usually sell around the $300 mark so don't expect to pay less than that unless you get lucky.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Hi all,
Can I use this configuration?
Does it works?
Are there any problems?

Hypothetical shit aside, I'd like to know the answer to this question as well. The fact is, I have a converter and a debug bios. Yeah, it would be nice if I had an MVS, a unibios, and a Neo Geo rug...but none of that is gonna be happening any time soon.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Maybe someone will lend you their cart to test.

Mind you, why do we support multicarts here in the first place? They are no different to a boot.

Last edited:

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Hah, realised that was a bit harsh after I pressed the send button, sorry :P

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Hah, realised that was a bit harsh after I pressed the send button, sorry :P

Fact is, I would like to update my old MAS Systems bios at some point, but between the cost of getting the bios and all the mods I need (stereo, component, etc) and the fact that it requires the Neo leaving my possession (again), I just haven't gotten around to it. Also, since I already have a pranslation converter, if it works, all I need is the cart.

I just get tired of people answering a legitimate question with "why you wanna do dat?". :p

Maybe someone will lend you their cart to test.

Mind you, why do we support multicarts here in the first place? They are no different to a boot.

Why do we support converters? They made MVS carts different from home carts for a reason. Why do we support MVS? Those carts aren't supposed to be sold to consumers (remember when dealers used to remove the serial numbers?). Why do we support used sales? No money goes to the publisher. We should all stick to those PS2 anthologies and XBLA ports.

Wanna talk about Ironclad carts and eprom burners?

Last edited:

magnus_101

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hypothetical shit aside, I'd like to know the answer to this question as well. The fact is, I have a converter and a debug bios. Yeah, it would be nice if I had an MVS, a unibios, and a Neo Geo rug...but none of that is gonna be happening any time soon.

In an effort to answer your question i borrowed a friends phantom converter and pulled my 100 in 1 multi cart out of my MVS cab and tried it in my AES that is fitted with a unibios 2.2.....quite a lot of the games played with no problems but there was the odd one that caused the machine to reset and return to the title screen.Mostly the later release games had this problem and i'm guessing that the problem was more with the converter than anything else.When i have this multi cart in my MVS 1 slot i have the odd problem of an error screen coming up but it eventually goes to the game selected and plays fine.Hope this helps.