Neocartman is now live!!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Added about 50 new entries. Thanks guys, keep 'em coming.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Cool, thanks. Interesting thing about that lot is the two KOF02 carts. I've never seen one with the serial in the top left like that.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I'd like to make some more entries, but I don't know what I've added already.

Borgeois

n00b
Absolutely gorgeous site! Very creative idea too. One of my buddies actually owns quite a few arcade machines. I'll ask him if he's got any MVS to add to your DB. =)

Cheers, guys! Keep up the good work!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'd like to make some more entries, but I don't know what I've added already.

If you give me the city and state you use I can give you a list of what games are entered for that city.

Absolutely gorgeous site! Very creative idea too. One of my buddies actually owns quite a few arcade machines. I'll ask him if he's got any MVS to add to your DB. =)

Cheers, guys! Keep up the good work!

Thanks a bunch dude. We appreciate the love.

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
Reading the thread I couldn't find info about the carts with no serials, I own carts that only God knows why the serial was removed from the original label, so I was wondering since on your site you have R-labels for print why not assigning a Neocartman serial for those carts like Yaton carts with original boards but fake stickers? so those carts could be traceable too!

just getting a serial like RNCSN-00001 and so on for each release, cause I guess the idea is to see how games travel from one place to the other but it's only possible just for those carts that retain the original label unaltered! so if people order a set of labels or are planning on printing their own they can request a neocartman serial to match their cart and keep them under radar.

for people who want to keep the original label a side sticker could be applied like the old silver serials from SNK just to keep them with a traceable number.

I know is a lot of work but I guess it could be done.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Reading the thread I couldn't find info about the carts with no serials, I own carts that only God knows why the serial was removed from the original label, so I was wondering since on your site you have R-labels for print why not assigning a Neocartman serial for those carts like Yaton carts with original boards but fake stickers? so those carts could be traceable too!

just getting a serial like RNCSN-00001 and so on for each release, cause I guess the idea is to see how games travel from one place to the other but it's only possible just for those carts that retain the original label unaltered! so if people order a set of labels or are planning on printing their own they can request a neocartman serial to match their cart and keep them under radar.

for people who want to keep the original label a side sticker could be applied like the old silver serials from SNK just to keep them with a traceable number.

I know is a lot of work but I guess it could be done.

I thought about that but the last time I saw a sticker on a cart it was an NGF one. Plus I don't think people would like me putting stickers on carts which is why we just go by original stickers.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
It's a very nice idea. Although it's weird that 99% of the people doing this are from the US.
The moment I get a few of my own I'm adding them to the list:D

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's a very nice idea. Although it's weird that 99% of the people doing this are from the US.
The moment I get a few of my own I'm adding them to the list:D

Thanks, we need more support from other countries.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
"RISE FROM THE GRAVE" ....
haven't been around NG much lately... and I can tell just be looking at my bank statements ;)

Anyway, the server was down for a bit (the one that handles all the submissions->html stuff). We are now on a new setup and I pushed some new code so hopefully things run a little smoother.

I was surprised how many were there when I checked just now!
Last updated: January 12 2012 - 21:00:08 - 2647 total serials

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Nice! I submitted the 2 serials I had at the time, but saw no movement on them so I thought the site was dead. I'm glad you guys are back and I'll submit my the rest of my collection asap!

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Cool idea - I'm getting some carts in the mail soon - I'm going to check & submit any new serials

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Since I'm unfamiliar with the specifics of your site Xian Xi, am I right to assume you are creating a database from which others can determine the credibility of an MVS cart partly through the indexing of existing MVS carts in the hands of the community?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Since I'm unfamiliar with the specifics of your site Xian Xi, am I right to assume you are creating a database from which others can determine the credibility of an MVS cart partly through the indexing of existing MVS carts in the hands of the community?

It could be used for that. It was mainly made just to see where your Neo cart has been around the world since Neo carts change hands very often.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
It could be used for that. It was mainly made just to see where your Neo cart has been around the world since Neo carts change hands very often.

Oh cool. As long as it wouldn't harm the cart it'd be funny to put an index card taped to the inside of the cart with a signature list of previous owners. Kinda like a library book index card :)

Grandmaster B

B. Jenet's Firstmate
The site is a great idea! Too bad it didn't go live already some 10 years ago, I'd know where all my MVS games have been before. But I think at least loose carts still move around a lot these days.

I just submitted some 90 serials by email. It would be more if japanese carts had serial numbers...