Neobitz Presents "Knight's Chance" - AES Pre-Orders Now Open

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
but your "one chip on a pcb" cost 36 $ with a full color printed cardboard case and manual plus soundtrack including shipping worldwide
in the case of pier solar

Your argument falls apart here. Pier Solar was sold below cost of production. The pre-order value was lower than Watermelon expected, but they still honored the final price.

Oh and, Pier Solar came with a pressed CD, full color paperwork (lots of it), newly made cartridge shell and newly produced cartridge slot with custom anti-piracy and ROM mapping logic, not to mention the cost and hours spent producing the PCB...

A realistic price for that game would be closer to $70 and that is as low as possible. More like $100 really.

Marek

Banned
Im sure there are forums somewhere to talk about sega shit. Our unrelated would be fine for that. War room too.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
wuts goin on in dis thread
penis penis penis penis

still want "Knight's Chance" btw... and I don't give any crap for all your unsubstantial and noneffective lectures on how economics work or should work. Go read some Marx.
Marx3.jpg

"W = c + v + m, bitches!"

Last edited:

@Alaska-

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
there's only one Marx who deserved a read
Groucho_Marx_by_incubus72787.jpg

sorry bro but nobody's playing shit anymore, so developers has to take that into account

Your argument falls apart here. Pier Solar was sold below cost of production. The pre-order value was lower than Watermelon expected, but they still honored the final price.

Oh and, Pier Solar came with a pressed CD, full color paperwork (lots of it), newly made cartridge shell and newly produced cartridge slot with custom anti-piracy and ROM mapping logic, not to mention the cost and hours spent producing the PCB...

A realistic price for that game would be closer to $70 and that is as low as possible. More like $100 really.

exactly what i said
i knew they sold the game that way
but they still sell a regular copy for 50$

Last edited:

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
sorry bro but nobody's playing shit anymore, so developers has to take that into account

Wrong.

Now go back to your hole and stare at your game cases while the rest of us get on with actually playing games that we enjoy. You are polluting this thread with your presence.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Must suck being poor and a neo geo collector at the same time.

Maybe alaska should collect for another system...like the game.com :cool:

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Well to get past the bitching I actually really want this game and if Jeff wants to charge a few hundred for it that's fine and I will pay it since I don't expect him to do this for free or at a loss.

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
just saw some of the videos/pics and wanted to drop by and say the game looks great :)

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
lol this is your final argument?

you're fuck'd up sir.

We all make choices in life. You're not entitled to buy the games you want. Though, I can assure you that there are people in your similar circumstances, similar place in life, that will buy this and the NG Dev Team games, regardless of the price, because that's what they want to do. If you think it's stupid to pay this much money for a video game, then fine. Duly noted. I'm sure if someone broke down your spending habits they'd be aghast at how you blow your dough as well. It's just money. Not sure why you're on such a tirade about it. I've spent good money on bad things, I've sat on the sidelines and missed out experiences I've wanted to do because I couldn't afford it or couldn't justify it. Nothing new here. Not sure what grand argument you're hoping to enlighten us with, but I promise you we've heard it before and we don't care.

Last edited:

Dio Brando

Mickey's Coach
What kind of price would you expect from a small developer working on one of the most expensive systems to produce carts for? I enjoy affordable games as much as the next person, but consider the countless hours and incredible effort it takes for a handful of people to complete these projects, especially when they don't have the ability to easily and inexpensively mass-produce their games. In the end, it's their call to charge what they want, regardless of how it will impact their sales.

In the meantime, you should at least wait until Kurtz reveals a price before stating concerns.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I'm confused as to why NgDev is being brought into this. They offer the Dreamcast version for all their games. The AES/MVS options are for collector's or people that must absolutely play their games in an arcade cabinet.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Well this thread certainly got derailed.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Absolutely I would rahter hear more about a scheduled release date or what will be included exactly.

Money is just one thing. Printed paper we made our god. We all need to worship it as without it we loose our belief in the worthiness of life. THAT gentleman is really sad.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
I'm confused as to why NgDev is being brought into this. They offer the Dreamcast version for all their games.

I was merely implying, instead of Neobitz doing everything (game design, publishing, and manufacturing) for one game, Neobitz might be better off using the same amount of time and resource to develop 2 or even 3 games, and let NGDEV do the rest as they already the infrastructure. After all, they'll be able to create Dreamcast version quickly. By now I think most prefer Dreamcast, rather than NGCD as a mass-market medium.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
I hope Neobitz and NGDev team at least talked at some point. It does make sense to publish through NGDev for pretty much everyone involved.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I was merely implying, instead of Neobitz doing everything (game design, publishing, and manufacturing) for one game, Neobitz might be better off using the same amount of time and resource to develop 2 or even 3 games, and let NGDEV do the rest as they already the infrastructure. After all, they'll be able to create Dreamcast version quickly. By now I think most prefer Dreamcast, rather than NGCD as a mass-market medium.

I think it quickly deteriorated into: if an NgDev does it it will be $400. But I agree with you on that point, that's not a bad idea if speeds up the process and helps bring down cost.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I wish a mod would come in here and clean up you idiots banter on this.

This is not the place to discuss NGDev Team pricing structure. Hell, we don't even know pricing on Jeff's title yet.

worth repeating. clean up in aisle 6 please.