neo turf masters come on in!

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
i just got my copy of BTG today. it is a great game. but i could use some helps on basics of the game. mainly on putting. i have a few questions that hopefully someone can help with.

#1. how exactely does the grain effect your putting. i was thinking that if the grain is pointing west that you should aim slightly right to adjust for it. but this does not seem to help.

#2. say you are north of the pin and putting to the south. assuming the grain is pointing west, would you aim to the west (the computers west) or your west(where your left hand is at)? i find this confusing. i don't really understand if the grain is always in a fixed position, or if it moves according to where your putting from. i hope this makes sense.

#3. any ideas on the percentage of how far a shot will go if your in heavy rough, water, or sand? i know in alot of golf games the ball will go about 45% in the sand and 75-80% in heavy rough, and i have no idea about the water. this is the first golf game i have ever seen where you can drive in shallow water.

well, there is a few questions, hopefully some of you turf masters can help me out and give me some general common sense tips and stratagies.

Curt

apostate
greedostick said:
i just got my copy of BTG today. it is a great game. but i could use some helps on basics of the game. mainly on putting. i have a few questions that hopefully someone can help with.

#1. how exactely does the grain effect your putting. i was thinking that if the grain is pointing west that you should aim slightly right to adjust for it. but this does not seem to help.

#2. say you are north of the pin and putting to the south. assuming the grain is pointing west, would you aim to the west (the computers west) or your west(where your left hand is at)? i find this confusing. i don't really understand if the grain is always in a fixed position, or if it moves according to where your putting from. i hope this makes sense.

#3. any ideas on the percentage of how far a shot will go if your in heavy rough, water, or sand? i know in alot of golf games the ball will go about 45% in the sand and 75-80% in heavy rough, and i have no idea about the water. this is the first golf game i have ever seen where you can drive in shallow water.

well, there is a few questions, hopefully some of you turf masters can help me out and give me some general common sense tips and stratagies.

I am assuming your speaking of either the AES or MVS release, and not the NGPC version... the NGPC Version is good, but by no means close to its big brother...

I'll do my best, as I am now a certified Neo Turf Fanatic... im not Great... but I surely love the game... I have an AES copy of BTG coming to me very soon.

#1 The grain doesn't seem to make THAT much of an issue, although as you said it seems you need to compensate very slightly, I have found that much more compensation is needed for larger hills on the green though...Also the strenghth of your shot also plays in here, if you hit it somewhat harder, without any compensation, often you will still make the shot.

#2 generally it does seem aiming against the grain, and compensating with varying degrees seems to be the best course of action.

#3 my Drives in all, water, sand, and heavy rough have been quite paltry even with "perfect" timed shots... they seem to go about 45% to 50% as far as they should, had they been done normally. So your estimate i'd say is about right.

I'd love to hear others opinions as well...

Come on! Post!

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
CurtWRX said:
I am assuming your speaking of either the AES or MVS release, and not the NGPC version... the NGPC Version is good, but by no means close to its big brother...

I'll do my best, as I am now a certified Neo Turf Fanatic... im not Great... but I surely love the game... I have an AES copy of BTG coming to me very soon.

#1 The grain doesn't seem to make THAT much of an issue, although as you said it seems you need to compensate very slightly, I have found that much more compensation is needed for larger hills on the green though...Also the strenghth of your shot also plays in here, if you hit it somewhat harder, without any compensation, often you will still make the shot.

#2 generally it does seem aiming against the grain, and compensating with varying degrees seems to be the best course of action.

#3 my Drives in all, water, sand, and heavy rough have been quite paltry even with "perfect" timed shots... they seem to go about 45% to 50% as far as they should, had they been done normally. So your estimate i'd say is about right.

I'd love to hear others opinions as well...

Come on! Post!

thanks for the advice. i sure do hear alot of people talk about this game all the time, and now when i ask a question no one seems to respond. i guess alot of people just claim to have played the game and say it's great.

i am about to post a neo turf masters thread and have a competition to see who is the turf masta. come check out my thread in the general discussion area and join up.

oh yeah, i am talking about the mvs version.