Neo-Store problems - can anybody help?

Kjcos_999

Overtop Pathfinder
First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, if it is, can the Mods please move it to the correct one.

The problem -
I recently bought some items from the neo-store (18th Feb this year) and as of today I still haven't received anything. I have e-mailed them at the address given in the contact page 4 times this week (different days) and so far I have got zero replies.

The money isn't a problem as I will just do a chargeback via Paypal but I am quite disappointed at the lack of service from what should be the best place to get Neo products.

Has anybody else ever had this problem?

Any information or help with this will be much appreciated (or I just won't shop at the Neo-Store in the future)

Thanks

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I've only bought from the Neo Store twice, and both transations went smoothly. I know last year about this time others were having problems, but I think that all got sorted out. I think some of those problems had to do with billing\shipping info that didn't match up.

Maybe try PMing Shawn (the owner) on these boards with your problems? I know that I personally wouldn't worry as Shawn has a very good rep.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Don't worry about anything...

Just try to be patient (I know, you have been... but sometimes the store gets backed up) you will get your order soon.

Kjcos_999

Overtop Pathfinder
Thanks for the replys.

I'll just sit tight for a couple of weeks and hopefully it will all be fine.

Shawn

snkusa.com
Hello Kjcos_999, and thanks for your order from the NeoStore. I’m sorry to hear that your package (envelope) has not yet been received by you. I assure you that everything that could have been performed on the NeoStore’s behalf was executed with speed and precision concerning the fulfillment of your order.

The date you placed your order (# 65611): Saturday, February 18, 2006 at 10:41:03 AM.

You chose USPS Global Priority Mail - Flat-rate Envelope (Small), which is the cheapest method of shipping offered by the NeoStore and is only available/selectable for the smallest of orders (both physically and monetarily).

Your order was packaged two hours later on Saturday, February 18, 2006 12:54 PM, at which time a confirmation email was sent to you. As stated in this confirmation email, the method of shipping selected cannot be tracked online:
Your Global Priority airmail reference # is: LZ580344893US
This method of shipping cannot be tracked online.

This envelope was taken to the local post office on Saturday, February 18, 2006 between 1:30 PM and 1:55 PM CST (the local PO closes at 2 PM on Saturdays).

30 days must pass before the post office will agree to initiate research on a lost package. If you have not received your package (envelope) by March 18th, please let me know so that an investigation can be requested.

Alternatively, you could place a new order from the NeoStore for anything at all (basically to cover the shipping cost that must be paid to the PO) and the contents (NEO•GEO Lapel Badge) of Order # 65611 will be sent to you a 2nd time at no additional charge. Even if you receive your 1st package there will be no consequence or obligation to reimburse the NeoStore for the 2nd fulfillment.

Kjcos_999

Overtop Pathfinder
Thanks Shawn (and everybody else that assisted),

I was going to PM you tomorrow, I'll drop you a line in a week or so and let you know what the score is.

Herzog Drei

Ace Ghost Pilot
I like Shawns Cyborg-replies when it comes to business.;)
Always on the spot-no misunderstandings possible!:D

Josh

Banned
I've dealt with the Neo Store 3 or 4 times and the service has always been top notch. Shawn stands behind his products and that's why I've never even considered buying NEO games from any other online store. I also like the fact that the store also buys games, especially since I might be utilizing that feature here in the near future. :D

Kjcos_999

Overtop Pathfinder
Update -

Still haven't received the items or a reply to the next batch of e-mails or PM that has been sent (after 18th March, last one sent on 1st April).

I am aware that the Neo-store has a good rap but why on earth would I spend a lot of money at a place that can't respond to a simple e-mail or two?

I understand that this thread is probably stepping on peoples toes within the Neo community but people need to know about this minor issue (even if it is a one-off)

If you read this Shawn, please PM or e-mail me.

Kjcos_999

Overtop Pathfinder
Still no respnse forthcoming from the Neo-Store.

Does anyone know where Shawn is?

NEOTEC

n00b
Use USPS Priority Mail it's 2-3 day delivery in the US, and only $5! You can add delivery confirmation so you know for a fact when it arrives...and it's only 50 cents to add it :) . Just a thought...

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
NEOTEC said:
Use USPS Priority Mail it's 2-3 day delivery in the US, and only $5! You can add delivery confirmation so you know for a fact when it arrives...and it's only 50 cents to add it :) . Just a thought...

Uhm,
He's in England??

But hey, at least you lost the Huggies! :chimp:

Hope you get your package Kjcos_999...

Cheers,
Ben

aria

Former Moderator
The last time (before this individual) there were issues it was England too.

What's with the postal officials out there?

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
So wait a minute, the guy uses an untrackable and the cheapest service possible and whines about not receiving his envelope? As far as I can tell the Neo store did nothing wrong and if buying from overseas, trace it everytime.

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
Darklighterx said:
So wait a minute, the guy uses an untrackable and the cheapest service possible and whines about not receiving his envelope? As far as I can tell the Neo store did nothing wrong and if buying from overseas, trace it everytime.

Well...Kjcos_999 used the best method he thought was right for his product and probably assumed that shawn had held it for a longer period of time. But like Shawn said he shipped it immediately the same day 2 hours later. Cheapest doesn't always mean best...I learned in the past that Global Priority really sucks and can take weeks instead of days. I also found that airmail had worked better for me. As far as tracking goes Global Express offers it and can also be guaranteed by set date or your money back.

http://www.usps.com/global/globalexpressguaranteed.htm

Kjcos_999

Overtop Pathfinder
I am aware of the postal service used and as I am not in a hurry for the items I selected the ground mail.

I'm really not arsed about the products or money, what does really irk me is the lack of concern the Neo-store has shown in replying to e-mails and PM's.

I do not blame the Neo-store or Shawn for the lack of goods but I do blame them for the lack of customer care shown. I didn't get the first reply until I posted this thread and I still haven't received any other replys since.

Nevermind, its been 7 weeks so far. Maybe it'll turn up this week.

Additional to Darklighterx - Who's whining? This thread is just to make others aware that the Neo-Store isn't perfect.

Additional to Bobak
- We do have a lot of thieving bastards in our Postal Service (especially with overseas mail) some are good though.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

s.m.f

n00b
Just a thought though - Whenever I have bought things from the us I always pay for insured airmail, but for some reason some idiots ship them surface/ground (to save some cash? or misstake) and the ground mail has always taken at least 2months :confused: once it took 11weeks.

The difference is that I live in sweden, but that should not make all the difference. How many weeks has it been for you now?

William_Hung

Crazed MVS Addict
You have enough money to buy Neo-Geo games, but you don't have enough to pay for decent shipping? That makes a lot of sense:rolleyes:

Anything shipped slower than Airmail is just asking for trouble. Your games are probaley on some guys doorstep in Tanzania.

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
William_Hung said:
You have enough money to buy Neo-Geo games, but you don't have enough to pay for decent shipping? That makes a lot of sense:rolleyes:

Anything shipped slower than Airmail is just asking for trouble. Your games are probaley on some guys doorstep in Tanzania.
he bought a 2 buck badge... it already cost more to ship than it cost... I get like that a bit myself most of the time... if it costs more to ship than the actual price of the item, I get upset that shipping costs money. But, in all honesty, ground shipping overseas takes a long time... I bought something from japan and had it shipped ground... the thing took three months to get to me... I had forgotten about it until I opened the package:rolleyes:. anyways... shawn is probably smokin' some WoW:lolz:

Robi15

20 Year Member
Ground mail..haha.. yes..give it atleast 3 months! Don't be cheep on shipping next time.