Neo Pong MVS

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Considering making some Neo Pong MVS carts. Is anyone interested in adding this title to their MVS collection? I think whomever made this game did a nice job recreating a classic.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
We already have Windjammers... And Flipshot... And Bang Bead...

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Considering making some Neo Pong MVS carts. Is anyone interested in adding this title to their MVS collection? I think whomever made this game did a nice job recreating a classic.

Depending on price, I might be interested:)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

Good luck, it doesn't work on real hardware.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Xian Xi, I assume then this has only been tested on an emulated BIOS through MAME or something, but if it works on that what is stopping it working on real hardware.

Just searching on You Tube there seems to be a load of Neo Homebrew stuff that I never realised, if someone gets this working perhaps they could get a multi-cart of homebrew games made.

I fancy some Jonas Indiana action...:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDkNNt9qJLs

Warpedflash

Crazed MVS Addict
I would be interested as long as the price is right. Also as long as it actually works :-P

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Xian Xi, I assume then this has only been tested on an emulated BIOS through MAME or something, but if it works on that what is stopping it working on real hardware.

Just searching on You Tube there seems to be a load of Neo Homebrew stuff that I never realised, if someone gets this working perhaps they could get a multi-cart of homebrew games made.

Yup, it was only tested via mame or some emulator. If it worked on real hardware, carts would have been floating around for years.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Looks like Montezuma's Revenge - except he doesn't die from falling down great heights.

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Yup, it was only tested via mame or some emulator. If it worked on real hardware, carts would have been floating around for years.

Any idea why it doesn't work Xian? Seems it would be an easy fix if it works on the emulator?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Any idea why it doesn't work Xian? Seems it would be an easy fix if it works on the emulator?

It's done differently in an emulator and I don't know which one he used to test with but I tried to make one to try it out and using the easiest board setup it wouldn't work. Tak said Franz might post in the other thread so hopefully he can reprogram it to work on real hardware so people can play it on their systems. I played it in the emulator and thought it was a fun game and gets challenging when the background starts to shift, that totally messed me up.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Yeah, Franz promised me to drop in here and answer your questions, he's a quite busy man so this may take a little while.

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Yeah, Franz promised me to drop in here and answer your questions, he's a quite busy man so this may take a little while.

Would be nice to have someone shed some light on the subject. Could the compatibility issues be addressed and how difficult would it be to do so?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

i would so be down with a homebrew multi-cart! thats an awesome idea...

however... sadness.

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
I'm still interested. The music is from Gowcaiser... This should work...