Neo on GP2X??? Is this real?

sonofx51

If you're even THINKING about TRADING with this us
there is no scanline option for any emulator on that system.

ray_7

Hmm, right now I'm leaning toward an MK1 system, but where can I get one?

PA and Liksang only stocks MK2 now...

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
The MK2 apparently has an improved joystick, ray. To me, that's worth getting the MK2 for.

ray_7

DanAdamKOF said:
The MK2 apparently has an improved joystick, ray. To me, that's worth getting the MK2 for.

After some research, you can actually change (or even mod) the joystick. Liksang is actually selling the MK2 joystick separately, for $1. :)

NeoGeo2k2

Noooooooo peeking ;-),
Yes you can change the joystick and that's all you need, The Mk1 has a way better screen, specially for old arcade games like Neo..

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I thought it was how the joystick itself was oriented in the system, that they turned how it was attached 45 degrees. What's the deal?

sonofx51

They put a new and different screen, plus they rotated the joystick 45 degrees and added the new joystick cap. I havent used one but I heard it was better than the first joystick, still people seem to prefer the first screen. Someone is working on a DPAD mod for all GP2X's, but no release date or price is set. http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?showtopic=26613&st=180

scroll down the link for some pics.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
so how does it handle CPS1 and CPS2 [if at all]???

sonofx51

mame supports CPS1, not very well at all, it is being worked on. I dont know if it will ever handle CPS2.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Man, I've been reading about this thing all night since I heard a new revision was out.

I have a few questions, will it play vertically oriented games and have proper controls when rotated?

Do I have to manually set the overclock settings for every game I want to play or can I just overclock it once initially and be set?

Now for the big question which may make or break the sale for me, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.....

Does it play Riding Hero with 100% sound and framerate? :chimp:

But seriously, I was honestly wondering if it will run the existing MAME roms of Cave shooters?:conf:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
.....all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this.....

BIG

sony fanboy
ResOGlas said:
But seriously, I was honestly wondering if it will run the existing MAME roms of Cave shooters?:conf:

You can't be serious..

B-

ray_7

BIG said:
You can't be serious..

B-

It'll be a huge bonus if it does, but even if it doesn't, who can deny the excitement of playing NitD in the crapper?

I know I can't... :)

Expecting mine to arrive really soon.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
VanillaThunder said:
.....all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this..........all I need is an excuse to buy this.....

ditto

So, evidently the Neo emulation isn't quite 100% yet...but is improving.

I wish there was a badass Callus emulator on it or something [since MAME is such a hog] I use to run CPS1 stuff at full speed with sound on my old 486...and I know this thing is faster than that.