Neo News Magazine is here

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Mike:
Neolord, we may have had beef in the past but I think you're doing a great job.

Sign me up!

Thanks. =) Forgive and forget is my philosophy. I'd rather make friends than enemies.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by VinylBoy:
This actually sounds interesting...
Maybe what you should do is scan the cover ofyour first issue and post it somewhere so we can see what's in the first issue. It could be something that I may want to get myself.

Cool! Everyone can first start by visiting the following link: http://neonewsmagazine.bizland.com/premier.htm

This page is located on our web site. =)

These are scans from the premier issue. I'll post the cover as well!

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Master Terry Bogard:
Is it a fanzine? Sign me up for one as well
smile.gif

No problem! Contact information can be found on our website: neonews.cjb.net or e-mail pittaro@worldpath.net

Thank you! =)

JRock917

, ,
It is also very good to see that you have actual contacts with SNK, and not this fabricated crap NGF likes to throw our way after the fact. Another reason I will be subscribing to you mag for a long time to come.

Cros

n00b
Save a premier issue for me.

I'm mailing payment today, my name is Chris Yungbluth.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by JRock917:
It is also very good to see that you have actual contacts with SNK, and not this fabricated crap NGF likes to throw our way after the fact. Another reason I will be subscribing to you mag for a long time to come.

Well we've been conversing with SNK for years. We get unfiltered information from the source because they trust me.

Thank you for the support, man. We will not disappoint you!

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Cros:
Save a premier issue for me.

I'm mailing payment today, my name is Chris Yungbluth.

Thank you so much, Chris! Your name has been added to receive the premier issue!

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited October 23, 2000).]

I tried to subscribe electronically but it doesn't work. The secure order form gives an error, and the $$ amount for the Paypal transaction are incorrect. It prepopulates an extra $10 to the order. What's going on? Thanks!

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by brentsg:
I tried to subscribe electronically but it doesn't work. The secure order form gives an error, and the $$ amount for the Paypal transaction are incorrect. It prepopulates an extra $10 to the order. What's going on? Thanks!

I'm on it! Give me a few minutes, please. =)

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by brentsg:

Oh man! An apparent mistake.. I'll fix the price to $29.95 right now! Sorry, guys!

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited October 23, 2000).]

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
The PayPal price script has been changed to $29.95 (it was set up for $39.95. Geesh! Sorry for the confusion!

Todd

Galford's Armourer
ok i cant access the subscription page without it saying i have performed an illegal operation and not letting me in?

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Todd:
ok i cant access the subscription page without it saying i have performed an illegal operation and not letting me in?

Does this illegal operation occur in your Windows environment (i.e. your browser crashes) or does a message appear in your browser stating there is an error? I'll try uploading the subscription page again. =)

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited October 24, 2000).]

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Netscape crashes!! hehe netscape.

Egad! You use Netscape too? heheh Okay, I'll upload the page to the server again. =)

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Big Bruno,

Did your issue of Neo News arrive yet? I imagine it would have. =)

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited October 24, 2000).]

Todd

Galford's Armourer
Nope it crashed again. it always happens with foundrymusic.com too. i wish my brother didnt screw this damn computer up!! i use to use internet explorer.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Nope it crashed again. it always happens with foundrymusic.com too. i wish my brother didnt screw this damn computer up!! i use to use internet explorer.

Hmmmm... IE would probably work. I use Netscape myself, but sometimes IE can be more stable at times.

Hmmmm... maybe if by sending a direct link to the sub page, it might work. Here, try this:
http://neonewsmagazine.bizland.com/subcriptions.htm

=)

Todd

Galford's Armourer
STUPID FREAKING THING!!!! I MUST NOT THROW MR MONITOR ACROSS THE ROOM. MUST RESIST!!!

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
STUPID FREAKING THING!!!! I MUST NOT THROW MR MONITOR ACROSS THE ROOM. MUST RESIST!!!

D'oh! If you use PayPal, you can send a payment directly to Neo-Media Publications. The e-mail address we use for PayPal is totallyamiga@yahoo.com and my name is Michael Pittaro.

I really apologize for this, Todd.
frown.gif

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Originally posted by NeoLord:
Big Bruno,

Did your issue of Neo News arrive yet? I imagine it would have. =)

Yeah thanks,

I actually recieved it on Monday. Sorry my company has seen fit to send me to a windows 2000 cram session (active directory, server, professional etc..) so I have been attending class this week and studing when I get home at night.I would have prefered if they just gave me the money for the class and I will stay at home and study for a week, a little over $5,000 for a week sheesh. I have looked over the magazine and it looks good. I realize that due to unforseen circumstances it had to be reduced to more of a fanzine but it is a good start. I have not had to much time to read through it yet though maybe this weekend once class is over.

You need to add a code section though. it would be nice to see some neo codes in a gaming mag again
wink.gif
feel free to take any of my ancient codes from my old web site if you like. HTI has seen fit to leave the old site up and not take it down. to tell the truth I think they forgot about it. If they were not so damn expensive for web service I might still be using them. Almost 50,000 hits and it has not been updated in over 2 years...go figure. Anyway the url is http://www.hti.net/~bigbruno/neomain.htm
feel free to take anything you like from the code section. I think I have about 5 or 6 games on there. I personaly like the arrow formet though. Gaming FAQ's are to hard to read most of the time, something in print with graphic looks a lot better. I Have lots more to just never put them up. LMK. But good work on the magazine I am looking forward to the next issue, and if you need any pictures of anything LMK also. Anything I can do to help out. I would help with a article but as you can tell I am not much of a typist
smile.gif

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Response to Big Bruno's letter:

The circumstances were, in a word, horrible. Yeah, true. The layout is professional quality (so I've been told =) ) and the writing is top quality as well; the means to produce the magazine does give it that Fanzine flair, however. The means used to produce Neo News doesn't distract from the publication, though,
because the presentation is still professional in nature. =)