Neo Joystick Motions...

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Im having a hard time using the Neo Joysticks since Im used to game pads...Motions for the "POWER GEYSER" of Terry are difficult to perform...Any techniques?...Like should I let the motions "slide" or should I perform it quickly...Im at a lost...I cant do the moves the way I do them when I play games for the PS2 and the DC...anyone exp this sort of problem...

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
I have a "special" custom joystick you could use to get your technique down, if you'd like. I call it the "Ultra-Warm Mushroom Top 3000." In my experience, no other joystick can touch the Ultra-Warm Mushroom Top 3000 when it comes to ease of use. It's rigid and sturdy, yet it moves like a cloud.

Try to get all your moves in quick though, it's usually only functional for around 2-3 minutes.

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Stinky-Dinkins said:
I have a "special" custom joystick you could use to get your technique down, if you'd like. I call it the "Ultra-Warm Mushroom Top 3000." In my experience, no other joystick can touch the Ultra-Warm Mushroom Top 3000 when it comes to ease of use. It's rigid and sturdy, yet it moves like a cloud.

Try to get all your moves in quick though, it's usually only functional for around 2-3 minutes.

:oh_no: come on Stinky give me a real answer pls pls pls pls pls

Last edited:

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Eliza said:
Im having a hard time using the Neo Joysticks since Im used to game pads...Motions for the "POWER GEYSER" of Terry are difficult to perform...Any techniques?...Like should I let the motions "slide" or should I perform it quickly...Im at a lost...I cant do the moves the way I do them when I play games for the PS2 and the DC...anyone exp this sort of problem...

The Joystick motion should come off at the same speed you'd use on a pad. Sounds like you're having a problem with timing.
Pick a title with a training or Vs. mode and practice there 'till you can pull your moves off with better ease.

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
KagerouSama said:
The Joystick motion should come off at the same speed you'd use on a pad. Sounds like you're having a problem with timing.
Pick a title with a training or Vs. mode and practice there 'till you can pull your moves off with better ease.

I think so too...THANK YOU VERY MUCH SIR!

Eliza-

I would also suggest that as you practice, continuously look at the orientation of your left hand with respect to the angle of the controller itself. This is to assure that your QCF and HCB are true to angle, and not offset +/- 45 degrees.

What also helps for me, is how I hold the old-style stick. I don't know how tall you are, but i'm just shy under 6', and what I do (no innuendo intended) is simply put the controller between my legs so that it is held by my lower, inner thighs and the upper corners of the controller stop at the knee. Then I cross my caves, basically bracing the controller in one position. This assures that it stays in one place, but I maintain my level of comfort while sitting up straight. This maximizes my dexterity and agility for any fighter, Schmup, what have you.

Spending time in practice mode really is the best solution overall though. Really, practice all the quarter circle and half circle motions... ALOT. Practice your QCF x 2 AB, BC, CD, AC, BD moves as well as your QCF, HCB, motions too. These motions are very common for SNK DM's and SDM's.

Timing... as fast as you can accurately pull off each move, that's all I can say. The CPU thinks fast, it'll catch every button press you do.

Hope this helps.

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Electroman said:
Eliza-

I would also suggest that as you practice, continuously look at the orientation of your left hand with respect to the angle of the controller itself. This is to assure that your QCF and HCB are true to angle, and not offset +/- 45 degrees.

What also helps for me, is how I hold the old-style stick. I don't know how tall you are, but i'm just shy under 6', and what I do (no innuendo intended) is simply put the controller between my legs so that it is held by my lower, inner thighs and the upper corners of the controller stop at the knee. Then I cross my caves, basically bracing the controller in one position. This assures that it stays in one place, but I maintain my level of comfort while sitting up straight. This maximizes my dexterity and agility for any fighter, Schmup, what have you.

Spending time in practice mode really is the best solution overall though. Really, practice all the quarter circle and half circle motions... ALOT. Practice your QCF x 2 AB, BC, CD, AC, BD moves as well as your QCF, HCB, motions too. These motions are very common for SNK DM's and SDM's.

Timing... as fast as you can accurately pull off each move, that's all I can say. The CPU thinks fast, it'll catch every button press you do.

Hope this helps.

Thank you sir!!!

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
The move is listed a "down-back-downback-foward" or if you looked at the controller like a clock: "6:00-9:00-7:30-3:00"

But what I find works best is to do a quarter circle back then half circle foward and it works every time. :glee:

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Ok,

I used to have problems pulling off moves as well on AES stick as well. My friend helped me out with this, he said to practice and exaggerate the moves slowly. After awhile, you begin to recoginize the clicks. From there, you can start speeding the motions up and your in business. Its come to a point that we can almost hear what move our opponets are pulling off, hah, led to some petty arguments from time to time. All it takes is practice, lots of practice. I think that the Neo AES sticks are the best controllers out there. I hope this helps you a bit, it did me.

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Spike said:
The move is listed a "down-back-downback-foward" or if you looked at the controller like a clock: "6:00-9:00-7:30-3:00"

But what I find works best is to do a quarter circle back then half circle foward and it works every time. :glee:

I GOT IT I GOT IT!!! THANKS

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
I realize you already got it, but I just wanted to throw this in. It may just be a fluke, or a specific deal with me, but qcb+qcf prodces a flawless power geyser for me every time. It's not the proper procedure for this move, and of course it depends on what game you're talking about, but I find this works for me in 9/10 games. It may just be the fact that I'm incredibly drunk right now, I apoligize if this is totally useless info.

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Shirt in a Can said:
I realize you already got it, but I just wanted to throw this in. It may just be a fluke, or a specific deal with me, but qcb+qcf prodces a flawless power geyser for me every time. It's not the proper procedure for this move, and of course it depends on what game you're talking about, but I find this works for me in 9/10 games. It may just be the fact that I'm incredibly drunk right now, I apoligize if this is totally useless info.

its ok...im glad that even in your present condition you still managed to give a very sound advice for that I say thanks ;)

Last edited:

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
It's too bad SNK didn't keep using the shortcut commands they had in KOF 97.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
wait till the dreaded Razing Storm is attempted...
:eek_2:

now that move was intimidating the first time I even thought about trying it...but as with all things NEO, there is nothing that cannot be overcome with practice(usually insane amounts)...

keep training Eliza!
:buttrock:

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Kazuki Dash said:
wait till the dreaded Razing Storm is attempted...
:eek_2:

now that move was intimidating the first time I even thought about trying it...but as with all things NEO, there is nothing that cannot be overcome with practice(usually insane amounts)...

keep training Eliza!
:buttrock:

Thats a move I still cant figure out...its like im getting it 1 out of 5 times I try...Thanks sir!

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
1 in 5 is nothing to sneer at, you seem to be making good progress...which has me thinking I should be getting some good fighting practice too, think I'll try to hit up some SVC and dust off my RYO skills on some unsuspecting noobs tomorrow...
:D

Kiel

20 Year Member
Eliza said:
I GOT IT I GOT IT!!! THANKS

No problem. ;)

As for the raizing storm I would have to explain to someone in person how to do it the easiest way. :confused: You kind of have to make a "pretzel" motion.

Aw hell, I'll give it a shot: downfoward, let the stick go to the neutral position, halfcircle foward, let the stick go to the neutral position again, downback.

Kind of like this if it makes ANY sense to you.

Picture_269.jpg

Eliza

Mickey's Coach
Spike said:
No problem. ;)

As for the raizing storm I would have to explain to someone in person how to do it the easiest way. :confused: You kind of have to make a "pretzel" motion.

Aw hell, I'll give it a shot: downfoward, let the stick go to the neutral position, halfcircle foward, let the stick go to the neutral position again, downback.

Kind of like this if it makes ANY sense to you.

Picture_269.jpg

COOL IL TRY THAT ONE!!!! :cool:

Kiel

20 Year Member
Good luck, I hope that pic makes some kind of sense.