Neo Geo's best examples of games in given genres…

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I think I just need to say something here, your eloquence is weird for this place. The closest member I could compare you to would be Oliverclaude, a German, who goes out of his way to sound like a member of the royal family but in fact is just a baker in Cologne.

lmbo I took one look at his response for wife pics and dubbed him the Alaskan Ollie.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Roblox is indeed bad for children. My own nephew was addicted to it when he was a kid.

I played some Neo with him but it never clicked for him. I then bought him Miami Hotline 1 and 2 (when he was a bit older) , because he saw me play it and liked the pixel art and music. Maybe that was a bad decision, but at least I felt like he was a playing better game than Roblox.

Plus no worries of pedos trying to talk to him while playing Miami Hotline.

Missile

Another Striker
1. Puzzle Bobble
2. Metal Slug (obviously)
3. Breakers Revenge
4. Blazing Star
5. Sengoku 2
6. Neo Geo Cup 98
7. Neo XYX (best vertical Shooter)

Don't try to be funny, that game is the best fucking game for the Neo Geo hands down.

When I was a kid I 'designed' a game where you drove to a fighting venue then had a fight - then drove to the next venue etc

Legend of Success Joe is still the closest game to my 'genius' concept.

Last edited:

orc.one

n00b
Maybe you should tell him to go outside and kick a ball?

It's April in Alaska. The skies are dark gray and our lawn (if you want to call it that) resembles more muskeg than turf. A neighbor's child was playing in their front lawn in a kayak. Horrors long buried in the snow have begun to reveal themselves, the ground is wet, soft, and mushy, and deadly CO2 has started to seep into the atmosphere. Anything that touches the ground should also be washed and sterilized; dogs have covered the world with a winter's worth of their excrement, and when it was frozen solid, it was easy to avoid, but the tilt of the earth has now made that nearly impossible.

Also, I presume you've not been around too many kids. They tend to have a mind of their own, even when it hasn't been captured by a games company known for privacy breaches.

I think I just need to say something here, your eloquence is weird for this place. The closest member I could compare you to would be Oliverclaude, a German, who goes out of his way to sound like a member of the royal family but in fact is just a baker in Cologne.

I don't think I've ever been called eloquent. I failed to become a writer in my early days (turns out, writing is hard and UNIX was much easier), and what you consider eloquent may be old habits, but thank you.

For the record, I also make my own bread, though I tend to think of royalty as a governing concept at least 230 years out of date.

—Scott

Missile

Another Striker
I don't think I've ever been called eloquent. I failed to become a writer in my early days (turns out, writing is hard and UNIX was much easier), and what you consider eloquent may be old habits, but thank you.

—Scott

Eloquence on NG.com is not calling everyone a fag or cocksucker while sniggering. It's a low bar

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Puzzle: Puzzle Bobble
Run & Gun: Metal Slug 1
Fighting Game: Last Blade 2
Horizontal Shooter: Pulstar
Vertical Shooter: Ghost Pilots
Brawler: Sengoku 2
Sports: Street Slam

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Haha these people saying sengoku 2.

It's a mess!

It cant be played without abusing the same special move over and over

PS : OP is eloquent!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Haha 1cc Adolf doesn't like Sengoku. :3

That's not a very common name (even in Germany), so I assume you're talking about the nazi dictator?

If so, totally inappropriate (on a number of levels). They didn't even have video games to dislike back then anyways.

Last edited:

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Asid are you gonna let this Thuringian talk to you like this?

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
I'm too tired too spent more time on this matter. Will redact this one liner tomorrow.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Puzzle game: I don't play puzzle games

Run and gun: Metal Slug is the only correct choice, but Cyber-Lip deserved a sequel

Fighting game: King of Fighters 96, but right now I'd prefer to play Fatal Fury 3

Shhhhhhhmup: BONUS! BONUS! BONUS! B-B-B-BONUS!

Beat 'em up (not brawler): Robo Army, or maybe Mutation Nation, or maybe Burning Fight. They are all equally fun.

Sports title: American Team in KOF 98

And OP, you forgot a category:

Platformer: Magician Lord

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
I'm not gonna hold my breath, but I believe in human compassion so, that's nice of you.
Oh my sarcasm just didn't work at 3am. I meant the one liner I just wrote. I won't censor my own comments because censorship sucks. Since I didn't read the op before you deleted it and it's just an old War Room thread I won't call you Adolf again.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Oh my sarcasm just didn't work at 3am. I meant the one liner I just wrote. I won't censor my own comments because censorship sucks. Since I didn't read the op before you deleted it and it's just an old War Room thread I won't call you Adolf again.

No ones going to stop you from calling me whatever you want.

I just found it strange calling a contributing member "adolf"/"loves hitler" out of the blue in a game discussion. Apparently, this wasn't out of the blue, and you're referencing some warroom thread where remembers thought they were being "funny" by making stuff up.
Well, there is never a time or place to joke about atrocities, but I suppose they could argue things are different in the war room. There's no excuse and it was obviously done in poor taste.

I find what you're doing now to be more extreme and deliberate. I take this as a personal attack.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Puzzle game - Puzzle Bobble
Run and gun - Metal Slug
Fighting game - Waku Waku 7
Side-scrolling shooter - Pulstar
Brawler - Mutation Nation
Sports title - Neo Turf Masters

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
No ones going to stop you from calling me whatever you want.

I just found it strange calling a contributing member "adolf"/"loves hitler" out of the blue in a game discussion. Apparently, this wasn't out of the blue, and you're referencing some warroom thread where remembers thought they were being "funny" by making stuff up.
Well, there is never a time or place to joke about atrocities, but I suppose they could argue things are different in the war room. There's no excuse and it was obviously done in poor taste.

I find what you're doing now to be more extreme and deliberate. I take this as a personal attack.

Mea culpa if peeps just made this up I'm sorry. Even if the first comment in said thread is also Hitler related because he had this size and was vegan. At least you get the benefit of a doubt.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I wonder how any argument could truly peak before hitler existed?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Puzzle game - Magical Drop 2

Run and gun - Cyber-lip for atmosphere, but really Metal Slug 1.

Fighting game - Samurai Shodown 2

Horizontal - Last Resort

Vertical - Twinkle Star Sprites

Brawler - Mutation Nation

Sports title - Neo Turf Masters

Platformer - Magician Lord

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
Puzzle- puzzle bobble
Run and gun- metal slug 3
Fighter- kof 94
Shooter-blazing star