Neo-Geo X vs GXgeo

Ackula

Mr. Big's Thug
I keep hearing/seeing a lot of people complaining about the video output on the Neo-Geo X. I haven't gotten to see one in person yet, but I'm thinking about buying one. My question is this, has anyone here played both the Neo-Geo X and the GXgeo emulator on Wii? I'm wondering how the quality matches up between the two.

TLH

Zero's Secretary
Not supposed to post about emulators on wii, but to answer your question, the X blows the wii emulation away. This system is underrated and subjected to snobby opinions from collectors that own the real thing. Is it an AES with HD output? No, but this is cute little handheld device with optional docking bay that will work with almost any modern tv. It what it is and I think that it is great! SNK/Tommo,Inc. should be praised for getting classic games like MS out to the next generation. (:

city41

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Can you play SVC Chaos on GXGeo? SVC Chaos is larger than the amount of RAM the Wii has. I know that MAME on the Wii will not load any game larger than about 62MB, meaning almost all late gen games.

Ackula

Mr. Big's Thug
Can you play SVC Chaos on GXGeo? SVC Chaos is larger than the amount of RAM the Wii has. I know that MAME on the Wii will not load any game larger than about 62MB, meaning almost all late gen games.
No GXGeo won't play anything any newer than AOF3 or RBFFS.