Neo Geo X question

Justin

Banned
ok thanks.Yes money is an issue.Have a kid lots of bills ect.Ive been wanting to get back into neo geo for years now.

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
Its decent once modified. :) However, its more of a collector's item.

You are better off getting a PSP or a PS Vita for mobile gaming.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
The nice thing about the cd is it can do RGB or Svideo so the picture will be nice. You could burn CDRs for now too to save on cash.
Yes there is going to be loading times but if you still keep coming back to the games after a bit you can look into MVS eventually.

Id even say a decent PC with emulation is miles ahead of shelling out cash for the X.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yes buy it now before they get really expensive as the premier collector's choice, don't let it slip you by!

Justin

Banned
whats a nice cd system cost now days?I would want to buy from someone on here and not ebay

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I thought a top loader would be around $100 or so. The CDZ is getting pricey but top loaders are pretty cheap last time I checked.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Only get the x if you want a handheld and don't like the emu machines. At this point there are many options for playing emulated neo on your tv that are much better.

Justin

Banned
I would buy a neo geo x to have the handheld if the price was good.Im just on a budget and i could use the old school sticks to play it on.Hope to get something soon

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
PM bloodycelt, he's a liquidator of Neo Geo X systems and can probably cut you a deal.

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
I don't think this thing is void of any value. I picked up one up simply because I am mad for all things Neo. It's just OK, nothing great. I think expectations were over the top for it, but I guess that's because it had the SNK name on it. But as GohanX said, there are better options for playing emulated Neo on your TV at this point. So it really is just kind of a collector's item, I guess.

If you want genuine Neo action, but on a budget, the CD is your best bet. However, the load times are atrocious for some of the games, and later titles were never released.

Last edited:

94TC

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
OG XBOX FTW, save yourself some money.

Newsdee

Rugal's Thug
If you're just interested in a portable emulation box, you can look at the NVidia Shield or thr GCW Zero. Both should run Neo games pretty well.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
i could use the old school sticks to play it on
The sticks that come with the NGX are no good... better build your own (if you get a NGCD all you need is the stick (JLF/LS-30), buttons(sanwa/seimitsu), a case (eg. a shoebox) and a DB 15 cable).