Neo Geo X Adapter

Just went for a gamble. :p Cost me about $67 with the fast shipping (Don't worry, they have free shipping as well.). When it comes in, i'll let you know if it's any good. Just killing time till Bloodshed is ready (Might as well get from him as well just in case the one i ordered breaks. :p).

The "Free Shipping", actually translates as "Store Pickup" when I view the store in english in chrome...so looks like international postage will always be around 30 Euros.
Comes to around £45 for me in the UK....not sure it's worth that, but I have failed to make one myself a couple of times ;)

The "Free Shipping", actually translates as "Store Pickup" when I view the store in english in chrome...so looks like international postage will always be around 30 Euros.
Comes to around £45 for me in the UK....not sure it's worth that, but I have failed to make one myself a couple of times ;)

Lol. My bad. ^_^ Note to self, don't order foreign thing while at work. :p Thanks for the clarification. :)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
30 euros for shipping? For something that weighs about the same as a penny.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

Hungary has expensive a mail service I see.... unless that's a courier....

...I work for The UK Post office.... so I know almost everything about postage...

However, If you want a premium service... you pay for it lads....

Carry on...

xROTx

PS. Xian Xi... the US postal service must be subsidised.... cuz you seem to have the best value for money I've dealt with...
PPS. I let on some Hawaii n00b the other day.... i hope you're not related:D

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
PS. Xian Xi... the US postal service must be subsidised.... cuz you seem to have the best value for money I've dealt with...
PPS. I let on some Hawaii n00b the other day.... i hope you're not related:D

Yup, we are spoiled here in the US. Low postage and no import/customs fees. I think the USPS rates are going up on Jan 27 but not by much.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
And not related to the topic.
/OFF

I KNOW Postage rates are not related to the topic dumbass no0b... BUT me posting that it's upto the buyer to pay for the service he wants...

It stops further spamming on the Postage front... You really need to understand how this place works...

NEXT time i'll just let you answer the questions about postage on the thread... then ban your silly ass....

How about that?

xROTx

I talked to Bloodshed via PM to see what's going on, he's still working on them. Here was his message:

BloodShed said:
Yeah, I'm planning on it. I'm still working on them. I was going to post an updated picture of my work on the new cards:

adapterinside1.jpg

Don't know if he knows the topic is back. I'll pm him. :)

P.S. I don't know him personally, was just curious about it as well. He'll probably post again when he knows the topic is back (And if the mods allow it. :) ).

Made one of these, and got all of the soldering down perfect and the wire was to thick for everything to close back up. So i have destroyed one adapter so now i am moving on to another and i ordered some tiny insulated magnet wire. So hopefully that will be small enough to work.

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I talked to Bloodshed via PM to see what's going on, he's still working on them. Here was his message:

Don't know if he knows the topic is back. I'll pm him. :)

P.S. I don't know him personally, was just curious about it as well. He'll probably post again when he knows the topic is back (And if the mods allow it. :) ).

Wow...that looks phenomenal!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I hope he's charging a reasonable price for his time and effort and not almost giving them away.

Beaps

Kabuki Klasher
I have just killed 4 adapters trying to make one of these, anyone make one of these up for me, pref from UK?

Has anybody heard back from alvicius.com yet ? Placed my order on Jan 25th, received the confirmation order, but i still haven't got a shipping confirmation. Paid for the shipping as well. :\ Just curious if anyone was in the same boat as well.

Has anybody heard back from alvicius.com yet ? Placed my order on Jan 25th, received the confirmation order, but i still haven't got a shipping confirmation. Paid for the shipping as well. :\ Just curious if anyone was in the same boat as well.

I ordered on the 30th. I emailed them on the 1st, and got this reply.
--

Today we are sending the orders (of neogeo adaptor) of day 26 and 27, your order was made the 30th, so i think next week by wednesday as late i hope we can send it.

Yesterday we managed to send all day 24 and 25 orders (talking about the neogeo adapter of course). The technicians are manufacturing the product as fast as they can, and i am sendig it as soon as it is produced, please be patient!

--

Might be worth dropping them a message (using the contact us page : http://www.alvicius.com/contact_us.php).... see what they have to say. could be interesting ;)

Sweet !! Thanks. :) Do you know when you got your reply back from them ? I'll try emailing them when i get home from work. Again thanks. :)

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
There are adapters which are not compatible with the X system.
Not to say you're wrong, but I've tried 3 brands(Kingston, PNY, Patriot) of adapters with the rearranged pins and they all work so far. So I highly doubt there are any compatibility issues since all the adapter is is a pass through and nothing more. Some adapters might be have pins easily accessible and some don't.

Last edited: