**Neo Geo Team Fortress 2 clan enlistment**

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Alright soldier, it's time to strap on your boots and join the ranks of the NG.com elite! Sign up below you maggots.

Yea, so basically, who here is down for a few game of TF2? Since I was kindly informed by GD that this game is not cross platform, we'll just have to get groups going for each version. List your gamertag, the platform you play the game on (360, PS3, PC), and who you're best classes are.

Gamertag: Jedah Dohma
Best Class: Demoman
Platform: Xbox 360

Last edited:

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
The game is not cross-platform. Unfortunately there are no dedicated servers on the 360 version. Matches are player hosted.

I have both versions, gamertag is in my sig.

Kristoff

Another Striker
Jedah Doma said:
Alright soldier, it's time to strap on your boots and join the ranks of the NG.com elite! Sign up below you maggots.

Right on. I think we'll be able to get a solid rough and tumble crew going.

Gamertag: ReverendCaliber
Best Class: Demo and Scout

Where's KanYozakura? Let's get him listed too

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Kristoff said:
Right on. I think we'll be able to get a solid rough and tumble crew going.

Gamertag: ReverendCaliber
Best Class: Demo and Scout

Where's KanYozakura? Let's get him listed too

Nice, what time are you usually on?

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I'll be playing this all week.

I might get the PC version as well.

Send me an invite!

Kristoff

Another Striker
Jedah Doma said:
Nice, what time are you usually on?

I work 10-7pm Mon through Fri, so I'll be playing on and off on those evenings and then the weekends, especially during the day are great for me.

Weekend evenings I usually always head out for some music and a drink rather than game.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Kristoff said:
I work 10-7pm Mon through Fri, so I'll be playing on and off on those evenings and then the weekends, especially during the day are great for me.

Weekend evenings I usually always head out for some music and a drink rather than game.

Cool, if I see you around, I'll drop you an invite.

RBjakeSpecial said:
I'll be playing this all week.

I might get the PC version as well.

Send me an invite!

I'll be one tonight for sure.

K_Dash

Zero's Tailor
I'm up for a Neo Geo Clan as well.

Steam ID: Kevlar Man
Classes: Soldier, Pyro, Medic
Platform: PC

So far it seems only me and GD who are playing the PC version, hopefully we'll get some more.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Sorry we didn't get a chance to play Jedah, but it was after 11 when you sent me the message, and I try to log out before midnight. I will probably be on tomorrow night after 7EST.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
SteamID: SpamYouToDeath
Best Classes: All EXCEPT soldier, sniper, heavy (I try to play them all, but teams never need more offense)
Platform: PC, possibly PS3 when it comes out (if they have dedicated servers)

We need to find a few good servers to play on.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
SpamYouToDeath said:
SteamID: SpamYouToDeath
Best Classes: All EXCEPT soldier, sniper, heavy (I try to play them all, but teams never need more offense)
Platform: PC, possibly PS3 when it comes out (if they have dedicated servers)

We need to find a few good servers to play on.

On PC, I play on a [BDS] server. Look them up, they're cool people to play with.

The PC version is fucking rough though, everyone knows every trick now. I can't keep a sentry up for more than a few minutes anymore..

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
GD said:
Sorry we didn't get a chance to play Jedah, but it was after 11 when you sent me the message, and I try to log out before midnight. I will probably be on tomorrow night after 7EST.

Hey no problem man, I know how it is. A man needs his rest. I'll probably be on later tonight as well. See you around.

Kristoff

Another Striker
GD said:
The PC version is fucking rough though, everyone knows every trick now. I can't keep a sentry up for more than a few minutes anymore..

Hey your probably the man to ask then; what are some goods ways to make a sentry gun be dead?

I always have a hard time with the Engineer who's defending his team's flag. The gun seems to always get a bead on me before I can line up a square shot. Playing as a Demo I can sometimes lure the Engineer out or lob a few lucky grenade shots around the corner... but more often than not I end up getting teabagged by a guy with a wrench.

Tips please :confused:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Kristoff said:
Hey your probably the man to ask then; what are some goods ways to make a sentry gun be dead?

I always have a hard time with the Engineer who's defending his team's flag. The gun seems to always get a bead on me before I can line up a square shot. Playing as a Demo I can sometimes lure the Engineer out or lob a few lucky grenade shots around the corner... but more often than not I end up getting teabagged by a guy with a wrench.

Best I've done is to be a Demo, as you suggested, or a Soldier. I try and get an idea of where the turret is and pop in and out with a shot. The only other viable option is to have a medic with you or be a spy. Speaking of that, I'm trying to get better at the spy class because they can be pretty deadly when used correctly.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I play this game basically every night it's fun.
.. then COD3..
I want to get a second orange box copy so my Son can join me on his account..I think he'd be pretty good at it.

Gamertag: TSMMR 47
Son
TSMMR 8
Best Class: Pyro/heavy...(i haven't tried anything else but a scout as,....last night I kept getting my ass handed to me.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Kristoff said:

Spies own sentry guns big time, especially if the Engineer is away for a few seconds or more. Scouts can duck around a wall once they know where a sentry is and hit it with a shotgun blast, then retreat before the gun fires. Same for Soldiers and Pyros. A smart Engineer will try to lure you into firing range of his sentry, but if you disregard that strategy or take him out first, you'll win every time.

An Engineer needs support to work well. At least a second Engineer or another good defensive class like a Demoman or Pyro will improve your game 100%. Yes, I know the Pyro is listed as an offensive class, but I find they work better on defense sometimes with ambush tactics.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
We had a rad Neo-geo vs. random people game today! I got owned many times by Jedah, I still have a lot to learn about the game.

I played as a medic and an engineer.

I hope this game gets a little more popular on the Xbox, I think I might pick up a PC version really soon.

Thanks for the games, had a blast playing!

edit: Who else was there? Temjin and Toshiro?

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Steam ID: BigMcLargeHuge
Best Class: Medic or Heavy
Platform: PC

Great game, and I'm a pretty decent Medic. My only complaint is that nearly every server I log on to (especially if they are playing 2 fort) has 6 engineers on each team, there's clearly something too attractive about the class and they need to nerf it a little bit.

Oh, and spy is useless on getting the sentries in the bottom of 2 fort because he will usually grab the flag before he can place the sapper, which makes the gun (with it's nearly instant reaction time) kill him.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I'm probably holding off on playing the 360 version until they patch it. The patch is currently in certification, hopefully it will be out this weekend or next week. It's supposed to fix the lag somewhat, but I am more concerned with the game crashing on me once or twice a night.

When it takes 5-10 minutes to fill up a room, only to have it freeze my Xbox.. that's a serious waste of time. I got pissed last night and played Halo.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
RBjakeSpecial said:
We had a rad Neo-geo vs. random people game today! I got owned many times by Jedah, I still have a lot to learn about the game.

I played as a medic and an engineer.

I hope this game gets a little more popular on the Xbox, I think I might pick up a PC version really soon.

Thanks for the games, had a blast playing!

edit: Who else was there? Temjin and Toshiro?

Had a few games with KumagaiToshiro and RBjakeSpecial. It was a good time had by all. We won (WOOT) against some random strangers. I'd have to say I had one of my coolest moments in that very game.

It was the mode where you had to capture all 5 points. Towards the end of the game, we have 4 points secured and are trying for the last and fifth point. Our team gets there and almost secures the point, but gets killed in the process. So I'm on my way to the base as a Spy. I go invisible and get to a secluded corner of the enemies base and uncloak unseen as a soldier. I run backwards into the base as if I'm being shot at and retreating. I go up the stairs to the last point and see a Demo and and Engineer. I strafe back and forth as if I'm waiting for the enemy to come near when in actuality I'm just trying to get behind the other guys for a stab. I'm thinking to myself I have to kill them both so I might as well go for the more damaging Demo first then the Engineer. Right as I'm about to kill the Demo, the Engineer leaves the point! Now I'm left with just the Demo. I pull out my knife and slide it into his back. Of course this takes my disguise off and thereby immediately lets me being capturing the point. Since my cohorts had already gotten the point mostly captured, I stood there for about 5 seconds and the win was ours. It was just one of those moments where everything works out perfectly for you.

I'm down for some more games tonight. I'll be one probably around 10 p.m. CST. See you folks on there and good game my fellow NG.com members.:D

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Definitely some good games last night. I enjoy the Spy class, just so I can run around unseen for the most part. Trying to get a good feel for most of them, though, and find what works best.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
KumagaiToshiro said:
Definitely some good games last night. I enjoy the Spy class, just so I can run around unseen for the most part. Trying to get a good feel for most of them, though, and find what works best.

You going to be on tonight?

Hello all! While i havnt been as active in TF2 since the end of the beta due to noob influx and easy backstabbing boredom, id like to start playing again, feel free to add me to friends.

steam id: flightofthebootymechanic
class: spy and medic
platform: PC of course.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
GD said:
Spies own sentry guns big time, especially if the Engineer is away for a few seconds or more. Scouts can duck around a wall once they know where a sentry is and hit it with a shotgun blast, then retreat before the gun fires. Same for Soldiers and Pyros. A smart Engineer will try to lure you into firing range of his sentry, but if you disregard that strategy or take him out first, you'll win every time.

An Engineer needs support to work well. At least a second Engineer or another good defensive class like a Demoman or Pyro will improve your game 100%. Yes, I know the Pyro is listed as an offensive class, but I find they work better on defense sometimes with ambush tactics.
Also remember that if you repeatedly place sappers on a sentry as fast as the enemy engineer is destroying them, you ALWAYS will kill the turret. You place them instantly, he destroys them with a slight swing delay.

If you're fast enough, you can sap the turret, stab the engineer, and then proceed to take out the rest of the buildings. This doesn't work, of course, if they've got multiple turrets on you.

Speaking of that, anyone know how to clear that one corner by the second point, on the second stage of dustbowl? The defenders always seem to split their team half-half between engineers and pyros/heavies, and then build in the corner right by that damn cap point... 6 pairs of sentries + dispensers guarded by a constanty stream of bullets and fire is near impossible to clear out. Even 2 heavies and a demoman, all with ubercharges, at once, couldn't clear it out.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Damn, I've been away from this board for a long time, and I was thinking, man, I have no friends that play TF2, why not check out the old haunt..... And I find this topic. Awwwwright. :)

My tag is HeartlessNinny, and I'm on the 360 version like everyone else it seems. I like all the classes.

Any more clan nights in store? If so, drop me a line.